[Outdated topic] King Song Apps are here!

Electric Dreams

24 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You've seen that recent video by @Kuji Rolls where the S18 takes an amazing tumbling fall and appears to survive? I really wonder how the V11 would survive in similar conditions.

The hole idea is it doesn't have to. With suspension it will help you stay on and in control of the wheel. :D joking...I hope whatever wheel any rider choose he or she will enjoy it. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2020 at 12:57 PM, MalMax said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15PD2rmVYTpn9q00fUa4TJeVoxDvfxdQf/view?usp=sharing 

Softtuner analog for Android. I didn't know why KingSong didn't share it. Login as Guest and enjoy!!! :)

Where did you actually find this, as I want to try any updated versions that the app says there's an updated one👍

On 5/13/2020 at 1:53 PM, Marty Backe said:

Can't wait to ride them both to discover which one actually is better - if that's even possible. Maybe they'll both be great but in different ways.

They should be very different wheels.

• The V11 has unsprung mass (the battery) inside the motor housing, making for a thinner, more compact & controllable wheel which should feel lighter. 
  • The S18 battery is smaller/lighter, and on the sprung side of the suspension, which should make for a smoother ride.
  • The V11 has a simple and light suspension, light = right. 
  • The S18 has a complex, tunable suspension that reacts better to varying surface conditions and resists binding. Better suspension = better ride.
  • The V11 has, in theory, a larger motor with more coils and magnets, making more power. (Manufacturer ratings mean nothing, they're all stretching the truth to large degrees.) 
  • The S18 has a smaller, lighter motor. Because the magnetic field in the motor doesn't have to expand/collapse as fast it's a more efficient, faster design. (Of course the core and winding style play into this greatly, and nobody talks about it because most EUC manufacturers are cutting corners here.)
  • The pedals will most certainly be different. Different shapes, sizes, and angles. 
  • The size of the wheels will be different, with the V11 packing a lot into a small area. InMotion is known for excellent handling and ride, now they'll have the advantage of more battery, range, and motor strength too. King Song is no slouch, leading InMotion in wheel sales by a large margin; for good reason; this time they're playing catch-up though, it would seem. 
  • The InMotion app is incredibly advanced, whereas King Song's app is so horrible it got kicked off the Android and Apple app stores. However, InMotion's app has been highly intrusive like Ninebot/Segway's app, demanding  active GPS & network connections. While Ninebot can run without "phoning home," I understand InMotion must connect to InMotion servers in China. They don't seem to care about the "extremist" users like us, since the Chinese culture focuses on manufacturing & mass marketing. They don't realize/care the top few users influence the rest of the market (kind of like car magazines and shows for car enthusiasts drive car sales). 

I think Marty is right in saying they'll both be great wheels for differing reasons. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

They should be very different wheels.

• The V11 has unsprung mass (the battery) inside the motor housing, making for a thinner, more compact & controllable wheel which should feel lighter. 
  • The S18 battery is smaller/lighter, and on the sprung side of the suspension, which should make for a smoother ride.
  • The V11 has a simple and light suspension, light = right. 
  • The S18 has a complex, tunable suspension that reacts better to varying surface conditions and resists binding. Better suspension = better ride.
  • The V11 has, in theory, a larger motor with more coils and magnets, making more power. (Manufacturer ratings mean nothing, they're all stretching the truth to large degrees.) 
  • The S18 has a smaller, lighter motor. Because the magnetic field in the motor doesn't have to expand/collapse as fast it's a more efficient, faster design. (Of course the core and winding style play into this greatly, and nobody talks about it because most EUC manufacturers are cutting corners here.)
  • The pedals will most certainly be different. Different shapes, sizes, and angles. 
  • The size of the wheels will be different, with the V11 packing a lot into a small area. InMotion is known for excellent handling and ride, now they'll have the advantage of more battery, range, and motor strength too. King Song is no slouch, leading InMotion in wheel sales by a large margin; for good reason; this time they're playing catch-up though, it would seem. 
  • The InMotion app is incredibly advanced, whereas King Song's app is so horrible it got kicked off the Android and Apple app stores. However, InMotion's app has been highly intrusive like Ninebot/Segway's app, demanding  active GPS & network connections. While Ninebot can run without "phoning home," I understand InMotion must connect to InMotion servers in China. They don't seem to care about the "extremist" users like us, since the Chinese culture focuses on manufacturing & mass marketing. They don't realize/care the top few users influence the rest of the market (kind of like car magazines and shows for car enthusiasts drive car sales). 

I think Marty is right in saying they'll both be great wheels for differing reasons. 

Which can be hard on the pocketbook :cry2:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Which can be hard on the pocketbook :cry2:

I'd think storage space would start becoming a concern with as many wheels as you are fortunate to enjoy. :lol:

The weather by you is also very nice. Three weeks ago we had a snow blizzard. Last weekend 4.5" rain. Yesterday some sun, 1 mile into a ride: thunderstorm rolled in. Overspeed and cutout on the way back (no injuries, my bad). Had to change out of the wet clothes. Ah well, cooked dinner and fell asleep. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

I'd think storage space would start becoming a concern with as many wheels as you are fortunate to enjoy. :lol:

The weather by you is also very nice. Three weeks ago we had a snow blizzard. Last weekend 4.5" rain. Yesterday some sun, 1 mile into a ride: thunderstorm rolled in. Overspeed and cutout on the way back (no injuries, my bad). Had to change out of the wet clothes. Ah well, cooked dinner and fell asleep. 

I still have room for more wheels :D

• Like 1

I upgraded to 2.02 and when i use the new ios app and select the 3rd lighting style. My ks16x beeps fast and then shuts off. Has Anyone else experienced this. Not that i really mess with the app when im riding but it worries me

2 hours ago, Azazel said:

I upgraded to 2.02 and when i use the new ios app and select the 3rd lighting style. My ks16x beeps fast and then shuts off. Has Anyone else experienced this. Not that i really mess with the app when im riding but it worries me

Are you sure it's not the auto shut off after 1 minute because that's the default

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Azazel said:

Propably you push LOCK EUC. All fine no stress just unlock ,you lock it for transport. Its normal feature :-) 

On 5/24/2020 at 10:11 PM, Azazel said:

Did you buy the wheel from an official distributor? KS said early this year that the new app would lock the wheel if connected to a wheel bought from Aliexpress and the likes. Maybe this is the behavior they were talking about?

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Dis you buy the wheel from an official distributor? KS said early this year that the new app would lock the wheel if connected to a wheel bought from Aliexpress and the likes. Maybe this is the behavior they were talking about?

i don't have this problem i bought on aliexpress in september 2019. i have 2.02 and android app 3.3.11

I don't understand in light setting the voice "Spectre" is the voice number 2.

Edited by alex5454

Same, other than the logo it looks clean. Doesn’t seem to add anything over DB but good to have a basic official app.

edit: the « vibrate » as alarm function is new AFAIK, don’t know if it’s the wheel or the phone doing it though :) (can’t bring it out to test)

edit 2: I can’t find what “vibrate” does, neither the phone nor the wheel does anything.

Edited by null

22 hours ago, alex5454 said:

I don't understand in light setting the voice "Spectre" is the voice number 2.

Those are for light modes, they have nothing to do with voice. In any case, there are different modes for riding and for music playback

4 minutes ago, travsformation said:

Those are for light modes, they have nothing to do with voice. In any case, there are different modes for riding and for music playback

yes I know, but the first line in light setting are the lights around the wheel (led)... the second .... "spectre" that I do not understand ....

Edited by alex5454

2 hours ago, alex5454 said:

yes I know, but the first line in light setting are the lights around the wheel (led)... the second .... "spectre" that I do not understand ....

Translation for KS's cryptic LED modes:

Magic = when you're riding

Spectra = when music is playing

You can set them independently, although the color schemes you choose apply to both modes, you can't choose blue and purple for riding mode and green and red for music mode, whichever one you pick is for both modes

• Like 3

On 5/13/2020 at 11:53 AM, Marty Backe said:

It's really pure subjectivity. I like the masculine looks of the S18 better than the V11. But I really like the now bigger battery capacity of the V11.

Can't wait to ride them both to discover which one actually is better - if that's even possible. Maybe they'll both be great but in different ways.

You've seen that recent video by @Kuji Rolls where the S18 takes an amazing tumbling fall and appears to survive? I really wonder how the V11 would survive in similar conditions.

Are there plans for you to have the v11 or S18 for testing soon?   Curious about how it will do on overheat hill.