'What a clown! Man riding an electric UNICYCLE at 28mph on a main road is pulled over for wobbling too much'

Dave Wood

19 minutes ago, Dave Wood said:

People like this bringing negative media coverage to the community are only making legislation harder!

You guys have to get those Pub's back open! Keep these lunatics of the streets!:eff00eab1e::eff00eab1e::eff00eab1e:

• Like 1

Wobbling too much? That is the phrase I used after hitting a pothole. Someone please educate  the Daily Mail and UK police that the actual term is called carving. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Stillhart said:

Isn't the Daily Mail known for being complete trash that nobody takes seriously?

All newspapers in the uk are trash Dail Mail, Sun, Mirror, Star ect are all just as bad but that's not really the point though is it? The Gloucestershire police tweeted it originally

27167526-8216895-image-a-2_1586854520699.jpg

Edited by Dave Wood
  • Like 1

Just now, Rehab1 said:

Wobbling too much? That is the phrase I used after hitting a pothole. Someone please educate  the Daily Mail and UK police that the actual term is called carving. 

or maybe he wasnt competent rider (still learning) and was generally 'wobbling'.. shouldn't be carving on a main road anyway with traffic, copper would think your drunk. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dave Wood said:

or maybe he wasnt competent rider (still learning) and was generally 'wobbling'.. shouldn't be carving on a main road anyway with traffic, copper would think your drunk. 

Yes I totally agree. I wish there was a video instead of a still shot. 

• Like 3

helluvah rider to wobble at 28mph... At least he had his helmet on. 'words of advice' how laughable. Maybe they told him how to ride it better.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

These are still ilegal in the UK, so if all the police did is to take his details, then that is really good news. Maybe Police are turning a blind eye as UK has said it intends to legalise PLEVs later this year.

• Like 1

I'd imagine its a world wide occurrence, people getting warning and not citations or jail. At least around here, they are trying NOT to issue court dates or take people to booking, as they dont want the liability for covid. You get a ticket, you have  the RIGHT to go to a crowded courtroom and defend yourself(in the USA). They take you to booking, they and you will be risking transmission of any virus. Tis going to be an excellent summer for hoodlums(not that this rider is)! I didnt see the video, so i cant judge him. I do know that its not uncommon for media and police to mildly misrepresent things. If its illegal there, not much worry he's hurting the image as it's already been decided. Lets not call him out, as he will be unfairly harassed as people have already jumped to judgement.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

https://mobile.twitter.com/GlosCityPolice/status/1249340405457567744

Here is a link to the police's original tweet, if any one wanted to leave any positive comments supporting EUCs, their safety and sustainability. It won't take very long for the daily mail trolls to drown out any possible logical conversation and ruin this opportunity to preserve the public impression we've maintained so far. Negativity won't help us one bit, so if you have nothing nice to say say it here and not there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UniVehje said:

On the picture it looks like he was riding a Ninebot One S2. That goes like a 14-15 mph max. If he was really riding 28 mph+ on an S2 I'm not surprised he wobbled. 

It says that the man pictured riding a ninebot one is a different person than the man in the article. Not the same person

What were supposed to do if we did know who he was? Call him out publicly? Beat him in the street and release the film to the public so they know that we wont tolerate wobbles?

Theres no proof besides "yeah, he was unstable" and then...thats it. Feels like a non-issue. And i doubt that one guy with loose legs would be enough to shift anything, but I could be wrong. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Darrell Wesh said:

It says that the man pictured riding a ninebot one is a different person than the man in the article. Not the same person

The guy on ninebot is from Madrid. This is a link to different article. 

19 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

A better picture showed up which seemed to show a KS18XL and the rider seemed looked to be riding absolutely fine. I guess it was a slow day for the police.

not surprised at all

• Like 2

Perhaps "wobbling" was actually "avoiding potholes" and the coppers felt they needed to support each other after being embarrassed they did not see the obvious? 

That whole story is embarrassing to the tabloid, using false pictures, confusing speed units, and no effort put into researching what happened, what EUCs are, and not writing a decent story--it's like something a child would write for a school newspaper. 

Edited by WI_Hedgehog
  • Like 2