kingsong 16x's veiled 1.08 firmware update

DannyK

@DannyK please do not continue down this line. 

As moderator I am saying that the frustration though other channels to those that can do something about it. 

For the record I asked you in PM to not continue on this route. 

• Like 3

I think it's great King Song is allowing installing different firmware versions, as I think it was @DannyK said this solves a lot of problems and concerns.

Also great is King Song is releasing an updated app on official app stores, those who buy through unofficial channels IAlibaba) can unlock and use their wheels with the King Song app, as the EUC World app apparently has some limitations in that area.

I was 100% behind buying from our main distributor in the USA instead of alternate channels, though I was a bit disappointed to find out they ended support for the 3-year-old 18S, when they're still selling the wheel (at full price). That gives some weight to alternate distribution channels, though I'm still apt to buy from a company known to support their [new?] sales.

Anyway, hopefully @Jack King Song can report wheel owners are happy about the new software release. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, phatmike said:

On soft tuner (from App Store) the 1.8 firmware seams available. Did anyone try it?

Please we know is beta for testers keep 1.07 is timeproofed adult version FW. Just w8 to official release 1.08 patch notes.   

On 4/18/2020 at 3:13 AM, Rehab1 said:

I’ve vacillated about upgrading to 1.0.8 but since your willing to go first......:thumbup: 

It's raining, and will apparently keep doing so, for the next few days, so even when I upgrade, I'll only be able to test it in the hall, so don't expect any useful feedback for the next few days...

On 4/18/2020 at 3:13 AM, Rehab1 said:

Be sure to wear your shoulder protection! I would hate to hear an adverse report resulting in another humeral head subluxation. 

Thanks! But...what shoulder protection? My shoulder protection is the serious exercies regime I've been subjecting myself to throughout the quarantine B)

(and why not admit it, my more cautious riding style...)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, phatmike said:

On soft tuner (from App Store) the 1.8 firmware seams available. Did anyone try it?

Thought I’d chime in, since I haven’t seen any other feedback on it. 

I have a brand new 16x unit, it came with v1.08.

Yesterday (first day with it) I put about 80km on it.  Have had zero issues, sounds super quiet(rode beside 18xl) and feels super smooth.  Did about 30km on dirt trails, the rest on asphalt. 

Few things to note: never exceeded 37kmh. I came from a 16c and have never ridden a 16x before yesterday. I weigh about 245pds. 

cheers

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mike Roe said:

I have a brand new 16x unit, it came with v1.08.

Good to know. what is you production date pls.(in serial number)

Use eucworld for alarm 28 A 26 A curent constant curent. Im on you weight side 43km/h tiltback and 40 km/h (3th alarm) is save and tested settings.  

39 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

Good to know. what is you production date pls.(in serial number)

Use eucworld for alarm 28 A 26 A curent constant curent. Im on you weight side 43km/h tiltback and 40 km/h (3th alarm) is save and tested settings.  

20/03/30

Edited by Mike Roe
Accidently posted nothing lol
  • Like 1

This thread is now obsolete since FW 1.0.8 is nowhere to be found; the KS SoftTuner app goes straight from 1.0.7 to 2.02.

I've started a new thread for FW 2.02:

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 2

Hey so I have a new 16x on 1.08 and an older one on 1.07 that I handed down to a friend. Here are things I've noticed:

Cut off switch engage/power on beep is much quieter and therefore much less annoying

Breaking and acceleration seem slightly better to me after riding on 1.07 for months

Particularly breaking seems stronger

Battery indicator lights are more accurate

I hit tiltback only once jokingly racing a motorcycle at 30% battery I didn't have an app running but ide say I was throttled to 26-27 mph

Ide say 1.08 is an improvement so far

• Like 2

On another note if you order a new 16x the pads on the top protrude more witch is slightly more comfortable although after market mods are still better in this regard

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 3:42 AM, Nimbus2000 said:

Hey so I have a new 16x on 1.08 and an older one on 1.07 that I handed down to a friend. Here are things I've noticed:

Cut off switch engage/power on beep is much quieter and therefore much less annoying

Breaking and acceleration seem slightly better to me after riding on 1.07 for months

Particularly breaking seems stronger

Battery indicator lights are more accurate

I hit tiltback only once jokingly racing a motorcycle at 30% battery I didn't have an app running but ide say I was throttled to 26-27 mph

Ide say 1.08 is an improvement so far

On FW 2.02 (thread on the subject further up) I have the impression braking is slightly improved and torque delivery is a bight smoother, but if it isn't just my imagination, the change is subtle enough for it to pass as such...

• 2 months later...
On 4/13/2020 at 9:17 AM, WI_Hedgehog said:

Personally, I wouldn't want to side-load an application on my phone, especially one from China given the security concerns we've seen with Chinese phone software.
(Note: The problem generally lies with the software author, not the software vendor, i.e. not King Song themselves but the company that writes their app for them.)

I agree, use the EUC World app written by @Seba and wait for the official update [then wait 2 months before installing it so you know it's stable]. The EUC World app is very well written and highly functional, plus configurable to individual needs.

If China really wanted to, they could just have KingSong's controller maliciously install software through bluetooth after connecting to the wheel so you better not "trust this device" ;)

Besides, modern OS requires an application to explicitly communicate what privileges it needs from the OS.

So if an app you just downloaded is requesting for admin rights, just politely decline and uninstall

While the cybersecurity threat is real, your fears are misguided and I think spreads unnecessary fear to other software illiterate EUC riders.

Edited by chulander
typos

I am just about to purchase a second hand Kingsong 16X and I have a question please. The model was assembled on 07.09.2019. It has done about 500 miles .  Can somebody tell me if this is Version 1 or Version 2 please? Is there anything I should be particularly concerned with?.  Many thanks.

1 hour ago, Pengloong said:

I am just about to purchase a second hand Kingsong 16X and I have a question please. The model was assembled on 07.09.2019. It has done about 500 miles .  Can somebody tell me if this is Version 1 or Version 2 please? Is there anything I should be particularly concerned with?.  Many thanks.

I meant to say if it wa BATCH 1 or BATCH 2. Thanks.