kingsong 16x's veiled 1.08 firmware update

DannyK

8 minutes ago, buell47 said:

you need a new control boar

That's just it - I just installed it the other day and it's really jittery like this.  Also, if it's not tilting back, I can feel it "hunting" around, incrementally, fore & aft, trying to find a suitable horizontal as I cruise at around 26 to 28mph.  I think I might put the original board back in.  It had somewhat similar problems but not this bad.

8 minutes ago, buell47 said:

you need a new control board

New Board.jpg

Edited by CampDylan
This is the new board Jason sent me that I installed
  • Like 1

I have no idea whether a problem with the Hall sensor can have such effects. :confused1:

Nothing more is left over if you are sure that you have done the calibration correctly.

Do you have any high-frequency vibrations (from a bad bearing) that disturb the gyroscope? I only know such problems from RC helicopters.

Edited by buell47

3 minutes ago, buell47 said:

high-frequency vibrations that disturb the gyroscope?

Hmmm, this is interesting!  Almost every day when I pass over the north end of Diamond Head Crater here in Honolulu there's this stretch of about 1/2 mile where the old board would always do that tiltback.  Must be some kind of frequency radiation around there, eh?  I always thought that was weird.  No, this one is happening almost everywhere.   Maybe I should do the bluetooth patch.  I have calibrated it horizontally 3 or 4 times already but I'll continue doing that as well   

7 hours ago, buell47 said:

What? :shock2: You haven't tried it yet? :efefa6edcf:  I'm laughing my ass off if it is. :efee612b4b:

1.5 board and bluetoth patch is actual? After physicaly moving bluetooth module on other place in PCB . Maybe @Jack King Song can tell if is only urban legend or solution to fix something.

For context i do this patch on 2th batch KS16X. Mainboard 1.4

• Like 1

I asked KS last year after I received the new Control Board V1.5 if I have to do the Bluetooth patch and the answer was: we are not sure since when the patch is not necessary anymore. Please run the patch. :efee612b4b:

• Like 1

Download

Can't remember which USB-Port, if it's not working, try other port. 

USB Stick formated to FAT32 or exFAT. 

Put the patch file and one mp3 music file directly on the stick. Not in folder! 

Edited by buell47
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, CampDylan said:

That's just it - I just installed it the other day and it's really jittery like this.  Also, if it's not tilting back, I can feel it "hunting" around, incrementally, fore & aft, trying to find a suitable horizontal as I cruise at around 26 to 28mph.  I think I might put the original board back in.  It had somewhat similar problems but not this bad.

New Board.jpg

I have the exact same issue! Random, and pretty subtle pedal dips and rises, 1-2 degrees at a time, like it's hunting for it's own level. I wasn't sure if it was the settings, but after reading this, I'm more than sure it's the exact same problem. Here's the thread I've been tracking it in. Please let me know how your issue develops... I'm seriously concerned about that! 

PS: A photo of my new control board:

new board.jpg

Edited by George Iliev

42 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Download 444.5 kB · 77 downloads

Can't remember which USB-Port, if it's not working, try other port. 

USB Stick formated to FAT32 or exFAT. 

Put the patch file and one mp3 music file directly on the stick. Not in folder! 

Left USB.

Usb stick recomended size under 60Gb ideal 32 Gb 16 Gb

recalibrate ks16x after.

• Like 3

On 13/04/2020 at 13:19, Seba said:

Je pense que vous n'avez pas à vous inquiéter. KS ne rencontre jamais le firmware de test interne dans les roues de production. Votre roue aura 1.07, je pense que Jack parlait de certains "beta testeurs" qui ont intentionnellement participé à un nouveau programme de test de firmware et ne signifiaient pas que certains nouveaux utilisateurs jouent le rôle de beta testeurs. Alors n'ayez pas peur:)

moi je viens d'avoir ma nouvelle ks 16 x et j'ai automatiquement le 1.08 (obligatoire ) et j'ai tellement eu de problèmes pour la débloquer . une fois débloqué le jour d'après je décide d'aller sur mon application kingsong et elle s'est rebloquée toute seule . J'au du communiqué avec le service à la clientèle pour m'envoyer une mise à jour pour la redébloquer . une fois débloqué , j'ai mit l'application kingsong au poubelle .

8 hours ago, travsformation said:

I don't know the specifics of their rollout policy, but I imagine (speculation) they're selecting small groups for in case there are any bugs, so they can be detected quickly and addressed instead of rolling it out for the entire user base: Think of FW 2.0 for the KS18(X)L, which was released with a considerable amount of small bugs (lights, etc.), that aren't safety-related (the FW is rock solid in my experience), but make the overall FW seem unpolished. Maybe (speculation) KS is changing their approach and trying to correct the mistakes of the past, in which case they're heading in the right direction (IMHO). Overall, that's the impression I get: new app (with new developers), better FW rollout policy (including the possibility of rolling back to the previous FW), a representative to address user questions here in the forum...this is definitely a (much needed) positive change!

Again and again, how is that Im imagining it, when Jack already told me that they are rolling it out to partial groups to see if there are issues or not before a full release which is nothing more than saying it is a test but they just wouldnt want to call it that way. Plus how ppl around me having that update here without even knowing about it.

One thing that can be seen and have solid proof on was that they have rolled it out to only partial groups without any prior notice or consent. That is the fact. To the user's perspective that have to use this new firmware first, it is not a speculation to feel that we are being final tested before a full release. So what you are saying is nothing more than just playing with words, a 'test' or not. Plus I never said this 1.08 is unsafe or have any issues so far. I said I FELT UNSAFE since it is a partial release and especially about how they havent been allowing roll backs.

Plus on one of the posts I have mentioned that a 'dealer' here was also surprised to find out 1.08 update from a recent buyer and he is the biggest kingsong reseller in Korea. How would he not know about it if they had dealers test it before roll out on partial groups as they claimed? And one guy up there told me that they were testing this on 'volunteers' which was definitely a lie if it really came from kingsong and now it has changed to dealers?🤣😒 And do you still trust in these euc manufacturers words after all those past incidents??

Anyways yes since this was an unfair approach to some customers, i have been appealing to the manufacturer causing some noise as well, so that they can actually make some changes but thanks alot some of you folk trying so hard to let them stay that way^^ They wouldve never in a bit listened or addressed to this matter if I only sent personal message about it. Since this want for roll back feature has already been addressed on the forum before I did.

End result, Jack told me that they implemented firmware roll back system in their newest app which I havent been able to find out just yet. No need to thank me!

6 hours ago, travsformation said:

Which is why I'm going to be upgrading to 1.0.8 this weekend---to see for myself.  I'll report back with whatever changes I encounter (vis a vis 1.0.7) so other users can make an informed decision regarding whether they want to upgrade or not. That's the beauty of the community...

I’ve vacillated about upgrading to 1.0.8 but since your willing to go first......:thumbup: 

Be sure to wear your shoulder protection! I would hate to hear an adverse report resulting in another humeral head subluxation. 

• Like 3

Creating software is a long and hard process, especially software which must be military grade and don't risk users health. Developers focus on safe upgrading, nobody usually thinks about downgrade. Its much simpler when you know users are tech savy guys but when it comes to regular customers its always much harder to create seamless experience. Developers are doing their best creating firmware but EVERY software has bugs. Is much better to do release tiering in order to prevent big f#+* ups. When you see it as picking you as guinea pig i rather see it as beeing choosen to see something faster than othes. I really think postponing another release tier is only matter of safety unrelated bugs. Ks18xl example shows that 2.0 software is really solid, but it has few minor bugs (like strange headlamp modes) and community is blaming KS for sucha a buggy firmware not seeing how much good features have been introduced. People always focus on bad parts instead of good ones. If you don't like how it works just dont upgrade, dont buy a newer wheel and dont yell at everyone before trying new firmware yourself.

Edited by johnyz89
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

I really this if you have not recieved the wheel yet. And you being so upset you should cancel your purchase end of story. That is the loudest action as 1 customer you can do.

Next time don't buy anything that can be firmware updated. Then you are not in this situation again. This means the choice only is GW. 

I do think you need to consider what this hostile line of posting will have as consequences.

This is me TELLING this is a nice way.

And this counts every member. Hostile posting towards representatives from manufactor here on the will stop them listening or be presented here if this continues. We saw first steps with Q&A on S18 being pulled down.

According to me the most hostile form of posting is coming from you, "moderator", and it is not the first time. There is no insult, there is not threat in this post. He's just a worried consumer talking about firmware. Nobody's perfect, consumer or constructors. Feedback can be frank about how he feels about the way the firmware is sent to consumers, about the possibility of a roll back.

You say Kingsong representative had to delete the Q&A post (which is indeed unfortunate, because it was really interesting) because of some negative or inquisitive posts. Is it true @Jack King Song ? If it is the case it is a pity, i really appreciated it. Or is it due to other reasons? (lack of time, maybe changing specifications,...)

Other point: even if it is true, and constructors representative are very fragile, I'd rather have a free and open forum than a forum only made of PR communication from constructors. It seems that you see it the other way around, you prefer a dull forum made of PR communications rather than a living forum with arguments and different point of views.

This is me telling what I feel about your post.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SamSuffit said:

You say Kingsong representative had to delete the Q&A post (which is indeed unfortunate, because it was really interesting) because of some negative or inquisitive posts. Is it true @Jack King Song ? If it is the case it is a pity, i really appreciated it. Or is it due to other reasons? (lack of time, maybe changing specifications,...)

I never said they had to do it. 

They chose to do it.

Just keep in mind that a free open forum sounds nice. I could state a free open mind response to many things but as a moderator I have to think about what I post. It is not the same as I am not free to post but everything comes at a cost and that is what I think we will benefit more to be in contact with brands than hostile posting making them think this is not worth to them to be present here. 

22 hours ago, travsformation said:

Yes, they are rolling it out to certain groups only, no one disagrees about that. I just don't understand the problem :confused1:

If your wheel comes with 1.0.8 and you don't like it, you can downgrade. Where's the problem? Try telling Dell or Toshiba that you want your new laptop shipped with Windows XP ;)

Moreover, no one is forcing you to upgrade, you have the choice, as do other users who are offered the option to upgrade. No one is telling you or anyone else that you should upgrade. In fact, I don't personally encourage upgrading one's FW (unless it solves a know safety issue in a previous FW). It's generally wise to wait until others (who are more experienced riders, have put plenty of miles on the previous firmware and are familiar with its subtleties, have the tools to downgrade, etc.) have tested it and reported their impressions.

Kingsong chooses a few select dealers, not all of them. Just like some users in this forum are beta-testers for EUC World and DarknessBot, but not all users. 

Users have been requesting this feature for aeons, you're not the first...

It seems you are continuing to play with words by now. No one disagreed with that? some lot and you were keep insisting how kingsong is rolling it out to only agreed users or dealers first etc but Ive went on and on to say how that has not been the truth with users that currently have this new update. And u would continue addressing it as 'speculation' and telling me to cool off. That is why these ridiculous arguments are still going on. My problem with kingsong's approach with firmware was solved when Jack told me that he will address my suggestion with the company which turned out to work out. 

And its so funny how you could now speak just as if this downgrade feature was officially available from the start, asking me whats all this fuss about while I can downgrade it if I dont like it? Do you not see how this downgrade just became possible like only few days ago after these posts on the forum + me requesting such changes to Jack? Well the problem is, I cant still downgrade even if I wanted to since soft tuner app is not available on android and Android app doesnt have this feature.

5 hours ago, Unventor said:

I really this if you have not recieved the wheel yet. And you being so upset you should cancel your purchase end of story. That is the loudest action as 1 customer you can do.

Next time don't buy anything that can be firmware updated. Then you are not in this situation again. This means the choice only is GW. 

I do think you need to consider what this hostile line of posting will have as consequences.

This is me TELLING this is a nice way.

And this counts every member. Hostile posting towards representatives from manufactor here on the will stop them listening or be presented here if this continues. We saw first steps with Q&A on S18 being pulled down. 

Whenever a rider press update firmware they have a responsible themself to the action they take. When buying a product it comes with components and firmware either from a previous batch or the latest version. As a buyer you need to check and confirm these things with the seller.

Do you not like the answer or can't get an answer you have the choice to buy or not still. But buying and moaning about is SIMPLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

I am pretty sure @Jack King Song has relayed information how it was told to him. If this is correct or not I can tell for sure. 

But I have yet to see any constructive feedback on what is wrong with fw 1.0.8 other than a version number and some not likening it. 

If any disagree with this I am more than happy for you to PM me and we can deal with this case by case.

This community have had a long history of being friendly and constructive. I stong hope this continues and people start view the values in this.

Again are you unhappy with you product tell that to your seller. Hostilities have no place here. 

Now looking forward I understand there are changes coming but they are not fully ready yet. As for rollback of firmware in general in most electronics is not an easy process nor always possible. It come down to design philosophy and cost and how complex systems you make.

The products my company makes do in general not downgrade firmware in few rare cases ot is possible but not for end users and normally you need to know what can happen and there might be special precautions to take first. Due to this it makes only sense to me that only trusted distributors and sellers have the tools needed for this.

ESPECIALLY if a customer just click on update not thinking. 

No offence, I just dont understand how you are a 'moderator' with that aggressive stance?

At first I was just pointing out my concern in kingsong's approach to this firmware roll out strategies and my problem was quite solved after sharing messages with Jack and how he would address my suggestions about rollback system with the company. I was only stating fact based on ppl around me here having this new update and how they didnt know anything about it or not having a choice to be using that firmware first hand.

It was not until when some would make ridiculous statements with sarcasms like this firmware testing is only being done on consented tester users or to dealers first etc and trying to make me look like Im putting out false words that I got more on edge and defensive. And I feel sorry to viewers that wouldve found it discomforting.

But here you moderator is also throwing out that aggressive sarcasms telling me not to buy anything with firmwares if I dont like it. When did I ever say that I dont like firmwares? :confused1: Do you have hard time understanding the 'point'? 

I hell of course like firmwares being on wheels unlike gotways, and I do appreciate it. But that doesnt mean I will shut my mouth about things Im concerned about and ask for changes that could come in useful for everybody. And in contrary to your opinion, I believe these kind of turbulence can get them moving on further rather than just ditching on the users from frustration. After all they are not some volunteer workers that serve us for free. They are companies that need to work towards better customer satisfaction to make higher profits and positioning.

Edited by DannyK
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Seba said:

I think you're overreacting a little bit. I don't see any aggression in @Unventor behavior or anyone who has tried to explain to you certain things you apparently don't want to agree with. I respect your opinion, I understand that you may be frustrated, but that won't change anything. I'm just asking you to respect the opinion of others. Personally I think it's time to end this pointless discussion. It doesn't lead to anything, because so far there hasn't been a single factual argument that 1.08 firmware is in any way worse than 1.07. At the end of this month I will publish another EUC World update, which will allow you to downgrade to 1.07. This should solve your problem.

Again, partial groups did get this new firmware before the full release without agreeing to be tested on it: A Fact.

But some folks including your post up there would state that this firmware has been tested even with volunteers or dealers etc before it could be released fully to the public. I wasnt able to let those false information pass and that is not what you should put as "things that I dont want to agree on". Should you not rather apologize for letting out such false information?

And how is it not an offence that some ppl including Unventor throwing all those sarcams telling me to cancel my purchase or do not buy anything with firmwares if you dont like it etc. Did I ever say anything about refunds or hating firmwares? Havent I been getting at the manufacturer's approach with this firmware roll out and how they should at least build a backup plan for users? How could on earth this be distorted that way unless they are intentionally trying to be sarcastic and offensive?