Cut out on Gotway MSP

2 hours ago, gigem said:

Any more reports of this happening again or to anyone else?  Were you able to find an underlying cause or just a one time occurrence with no definitive source to what happened?

right now there are a lot of msp around and nothing happened ;)

19 hours ago, gigem said:

Any more reports of this happening again or to anyone else?  Were you able to find an underlying cause or just a one time occurrence with no definitive source to what happened?

I haven't done for long ride again, as weather is a bit chill now but I have been riding hard around 40 km distance and didn't happen ...well never went below 30 percent battery yet so far since then....one who knows battery said some batteries need more circles to gain strength...

43 minutes ago, Steve Jo said:

I haven't done for long ride again, as weather is a bit chill now but I have been riding hard around 40 km distance and didn't happen ...well never went below 30 percent battery yet so far since then....one who knows battery said some batteries need more circles to gain strength...

I'm glad you're okay.:facepalm:

Interesting. It's not a low voltage cut or a speed cut, but it's still unclear. I think it's a defect in the msp e-mainboard.:confused1:

I am currently enjoying more than 500km.t looks like a quick check is needed. I can't wait to see the results at the forum.

Don't be too disappointed. I don't think there's a complete body on the electric.:crying:

6 minutes ago, Lindsey said:

I'm glad you're okay.:facepalm:

Interesting. It's not a low voltage cut or a speed cut, but it's still unclear. I think it's a defect in the msp e-mainboard.:confused1:

I am currently enjoying more than 500km.t looks like a quick check is needed. I can't wait to see the results at the forum.

Don't be too disappointed. I don't think there's a complete body on the electric.:crying:

I was all good,full gears all the times anyway...the power was totally off....

My one is almost 700km now, I have been riding mix MSX and MSP every week but I definitely would like to try MSP again for 75km distance ....

10 minutes ago, Steve Jo said:

I was all good,full gears all the times anyway...the power was totally off....

My one is almost 700km now, I have been riding mix MSX and MSP every week but I definitely would like to try MSP again for 75km distance ....

That's a good idea.

Forget about the disappointment with msp.

I hope it doesn't happen again through inspection.:cheers:

• Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 6:13 AM, Steve Jo said:

I experienced motor cut out when battery was 28% and I was cruising just 31kph... When it cut out, the engine completely shut off...I needed to turn it on myself  To cut story short, I informed my supplier EUC service and I believed Daniel already contacted Gotway ..but still not heard til now

It has been 3 weeks, any updates from Gotway?

Personally, I would not ride the MSP until someone opened it up and looked at all the connections and tested the internals. It did not suddenly fall asleep for "no reason," and will most likely do so again. There are many people here suffering from shoulder injuries from a sudden fall, even with protective gear, I would not want to risk being one of them...or fall into traffic, or have the wheel go to sleep and smash into someone's car, or fly into a person on the street...that will not be a good insurance claim: if someone is seriously hurt--the insurance company may refuse to pay a medical claim for another person (and yourself) if you ride a wheel that is known to have problems and has not been inspected.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

It has been 3 weeks, any updates from Gotway?

Personally, I would not ride the MSP until someone opened it up and looked at all the connections and tested the internals. It did not suddenly fall asleep for "no reason," and will most likely do so again. There are many people here suffering from shoulder injuries from a sudden fall, even with protective gear, I would not want to risk being one of them...or fall into traffic, or have the wheel go to sleep and smash into someone's car, or fly into a person on the street...that will not be a good insurance claim: if someone is seriously hurt--the insurance company may refuse to pay a medical claim for another person (and yourself) if you ride a wheel that is known to have problems and has not been inspected.

Gotway didn't look at one incident definitely and they referred it to dealer I bought. I opened and checked internally and it was all good. I have spoken with the dealer ,well unfortunately it is not that easy to get the wheel checked as I need to send it to them..... (different countries). Well, so many troubleshooting was done and still couldn't find the issue ....he suspected the LG battery used could gain strength after few cycles ....

Luckily, I only ride in 98% bike path here not on the road but I totally understand if that ever happens in public,wheel goes to sleep ...

2 hours ago, Chriull said:

?????????

Any sources for this assumption.

I'd suspect this just as bs...

Well I also talked to different source ...and new battery could have that issue ...

I bought this wheel from EUC service and Daniel is the guy with battery expert

It's all good ,sometimes U just get a lemon...

I still ride it hard and yah more protection definitely just in case that issue happens again ..if happens again then I'll just throw it away 

7 hours ago, Steve Jo said:

Well I also talked to different source ...and new battery could have that issue ...

These seems to be a strange source, too.

Li ions have no such thing as a "break in" phase. But the rumour keeps alive persistantly.

7 hours ago, Steve Jo said:

I bought this wheel from EUC service and Daniel is the guy with battery expert

So maybe this rumour is spread intentionally by resellers to calm the customers...:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

These seems to be a strange source, too.

Li ions have no such thing as a "break in" phase. But the rumour keeps alive persistantly.

So maybe this rumour is spread intentionally by resellers to calm the customers...:ph34r:

Green fashion is another source that I talked to, suspected  LG 21700 is not well proven like Sanyo18650 cells ...

Well, hope others don't have similar issue i had ...MSP is really nice to ride after all

• Like 1