King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

19 minutes ago, Jack King Song said:

I'll answer what I can, please keep in mind I've been kept busy trying to share this content. 

Suspension travel is 100mm compared to V11's 70mm-75mm
Pedal Height is from 205mm to 105mm

Trolley handle is tucked within the wheel adjustable at two heights, one lower one higher, one for lifting one for pushing. 

Thanks, and what about weatherproofing?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jack King Song said:

Price.jpg

EDIT: Specifications sheet will be reposted again, to fix spelling errors. 

Same price on ewheels as the KS-18XL and the V11, assuming ewheels complies with the MSRP.

I love the choices available and healthy competition between EUC makers. This is the golden era of EUC innovation!

<wild speculation>
This should put a theoretical 1800W KS-SX18 at around $2499. I should be able to save an extra $100/month waiting for the update :efee8319ab:
<\wild speculation>

• Like 3

The Inmotion is following a good principle where the pedals and side panels move up and down with the rider. The sides panels are joined by a saddle at the top which means both move together.

The Kingsong is open and a dirt trap, possibly a double piston/strutt arrangement, possibly a longer stroke. Possibly independent each side.  i suppose its the better looking wheel so atleast it wins there..

3 minutes ago, Dave Wood said:

The Inmotion is following a good principle where the pedals and side panels move up and down with the rider. The sides panels are joined by a saddle at the top which means both move together.

The Kingsong is open and a dirt trap, possibly a double piston/strutt arrangement, possibly a longer stroke. Possibly independent each side.  i suppose its the better looking wheel so atleast it wins there..

The pedals will move together on both wheels - it would be crazy if they didn't. Everything except the wheel is sprung on the KS wheel so suspension action "should" be better than on the V11. The V11 has a cleaner more waterproof design while the KS-S18 has a more aggressive look and is more compact. The heaviness of the V11 will rule it out for anyone who has to pick their wheel up. I'm not keen on there being no rear lighting on the KS wheel. The V11 lighting is no doubt brighter on the front but it remains to be seen if it blinds oncoming traffic like the MSP. My guess is that KS wheel will handle crashes better but I guess Kuji will find that out when he's done testing. Pricing looks fairly good to me on both wheels.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

The pedals will move together on both wheels - it would be crazy if they didn't. Everything except the wheel is sprung on the KS wheel so suspension action "should" be better than on the V11. The V11 has a cleaner more waterproof design while the KS-S18 has a more aggressive look and is more compact. The heaviness of the V11 will rule it out for anyone who has to pick their wheel up. I'm not keen on there being no rear lighting on the KS wheel. The V11 lighting is no doubt brighter on the front but it remains to be seen if it blinds oncoming traffic like the MSP. My guess is that KS wheel will handle crashes better but I guess Kuji will find that out when he's done testing. Pricing looks fairly good to me on both wheels.

looks like a tail light above the suspension, though it appears quite insignificant as far as a light goes... sexy af though lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nic said:

That V11 battery is looking better by the minute.:P

Knowing Kingsong and Inmotion it might very well be the same range.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

*waits for new Gotway wheel pushing the range boundaries*

Could be just my newbie thinking... but I don't trust Gotway with these complex suspensions...
They have to prove it in the market for few months....

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Nic said:

Looks like a giant motorcycle helmet.:popcorn:

From an artistic standpoint I totally agree. I do hope your actual nose looks less ominous than the strut depicted inside the helmet. ;)

49749135013_d85908256e_z.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1