King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

1 minute ago, Jon Stern said:

I don't shop at Walmart. I'd probably find something that worked "as-is" from McMaster-Carr.

I'd also be annoyed at having to do any of this on a $2,000 purchase, and would probably swear never to be an early adopter again.

McMaster FTW

• Like 2

7 hours ago, eve said:

@Seba Is it safe to leave batteries detached from my S18. Right now its disassembled. I charged them to around 60%-70% before disassembly.

Sure, you can even store them for weeks without any harm. Just for sure it's best to check voltage of both packs before reconnecting to verify that both are at the same voltages.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrelwood said:

If you have to pull the wheel for the suspension to open up completely, the mechanism has way too much friction. The air pressure in the shock should easily push the wheel to the extreme upright position.

I might be nitpicking, but wouldn't pressure in the negative chamber actually oppose full extension? The shock would want to naturally settle where both chambers are in equilibrium, which may not be the full upright position, depending on the chamber pressure settings.

Still, you shouldn't have to pull very hard to get it to full extension, and I know on mine, I can pretty easily compress/actuate the suspension with just one foot, without my full weight on the pedal.

Edited by redfoxdude

1 hour ago, redfoxdude said:

I might be nitpicking, but wouldn't pressure in the negative chamber actually oppose full extension?

True, which is why dual chamber air shocks usually use less (or the same) negative as positive. The negative is only there to provide small bump compliance (to assist the initial movement of the shock due to internal friction) and to help provide a more linear curve, like a spring would.

21 hours ago, Purplecycle said:

Below is the pic

5EA757B2-5361-4A42-A4FE-5263B6206BE4.jpeg

That was in no load position, i dont see any problem with it since when under load/pressed the shock should be away from that protuberance even when you jumping around. 
Btw is your suspension arms plays freely? Whats your shock air chambers pressure?

Edited by Beachboy
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Jack King Song said:

:D any metal shim is fine. 
If you dont like soda then they offer juice in cans too :) 

@Jack King Song
Yo man, make us a tutorial vids will ya..

also I would like to stress out that all of your bolts sucks, and then I cannot find replacement for the suspension bushings..dont tell me I’ll have to make it out of coke can too..

Albeit those problems your company gave us, I STILL ❤️ S18, I said that coz i dont want you guys to lock my wheel 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Beachboy
  • Like 2

I asked my dealer for a new fender because this doesnt seem like a misaligned tyre. I even measured the distance to suspension rods and all 4 are the same distance. 

IMG_7292.thumb.jpg.958b2755fdffb1bc1b8bc

What do you think @Jack King Song

The rubbing keeps me up at night. :ph34r:

Thx @Seba Do i need to buy a device for volt measurements? Is it expensive? Maybe i can go ask an electrician or some store to check them. :innocent1:

2 hours ago, eve said:

I asked my dealer for a new fender because this doesnt seem like a misaligned tyre. I even measured the distance to suspension rods and all 4 are the same distance.

It could be that the sliders aren't sitting at the same level. If one is slightly lower on one side, then it contorts the fender a bit, which can cause tire rubbing. Mine came with a shim on top of the motor-wire side, and when I was putting mine back together, I found that omitting it did cause the fender to get closer on that side, even though the motor was sitting centered between the rods. From your photo, it looks like it could use a shim on the side that's on the left of the photo.

Needing a shim is definitely annoying, and King Song should improve their tolerances on their motors/mounts, but it's too bad that not everyone's S18 is arriving properly shimmed 🙁

Edited by redfoxdude

9 hours ago, eve said:

Just tell her to stop but with a stern voice. ^_^

That's what i tell my missus when it's a school night and i need my sleep. works..... most of the time. :roflmao:

1 hour ago, redfoxdude said:

I've had fun putting this video together. Data nerds rejoice 😂

Some folks say that a big wheel is basically like suspension, and I put that to the test.

Nice video..👍👍👍

21 minutes ago, 390f758c-6420-4afb-8066-fd said:

hi all

I've never step foot on an electric unicycle, but I have a booster Rev and xiaomi electric scooters so not complete noob at rideables

Do you believe S18 is good or bad purchase for a beginner to EUCs? This is assuming an S18 without any defect/QC issues

thanks!

If no trouble with money then go for it..altho would be safer to learn with slower wheel like KS14D IMO

15 hours ago, Beachboy said:

@Jack King Song
Yo man, make us a tutorial vids will ya..

also I would like to stress out that all of your bolts sucks, and then I cannot find replacement for the suspension bushings..dont tell me I’ll have to make it out of coke can too..

Albeit those problems your company gave us, I STILL ❤️ S18, I said that coz i dont want you guys to lock my wheel 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Locking your wheel anyway ;) jk ofcourse

If you are speaking of the suspension spacers, changing from spring spacers to normal ones. The video has already been made, however it needs upper level management for it to be approved. 

Edited by Jack King Song
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, redfoxdude said:

I've had fun putting this video together. Data nerds rejoice 😂

Some folks say that a big wheel is basically like suspension, and I put that to the test.

This video brings up the MOST IMPORTANT aspect of having a suspension wheel, be it the V11 or the S18. Suspension DRAMATICALLY increases safety.

However, as has been stated before, it does induce a less "safe" riding style bc you adopt to the suspension and this brings with it less need for knee-suspension. A small thing to keep in mind if you hop from a suspended wheel to a non-suspended wheel.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, eve said:

What do you think @Jack King Song

Thx @Seba Do i need to buy a device for volt measurements? Is it expensive? Maybe i can go ask an electrician or some store to check them. :innocent1:

Sorry you are experiencing this, a quick fix currently is to place a shim on top of the axel on the side that the wheel is leaning towards, so on the right in the case of this wheel.