King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

On 10/30/2020 at 9:53 AM, eve said:

For anyone interested. This is the replacement parts list sent to me from my chinese dealer. 

https://mega.nz/file/OxQG0DQC#e_LIzFeQcudalXuYv2SsrRYw2z2RrsNCxYESRl-W-Lk

Interestingly i noticed one part that wasnt in first two batches which looks like the frontlight undercover. Its the 16th part.

Er um do I have to create an account to get the list.  Im scared.

10 minutes ago, yon said:

What the chuff my S18 is near six months over due and waiting and I still have no idea what is the first or best App i should start it up with straight out the box.   

A.  Kingsong

B.  Darkbot

C. That other one I cant remember.

D. Fuck nose

What phone do you have? If iPhone, then Darknessbot does everything you need.

If Android, then EUC World I hear is good, but I have iPhone and have always used Darknessbot.

3 minutes ago, yon said:

Er um do I have to create an account to get the list.  Im scared.

I just downloaded it without creating an account. But the list is in Chinese and you have to translate it.

Nice one I have an iphone, you have an iphone and a S18 you can touch.  If it suits you no reason why not me and I ain't got a pot of glue.

Ref the chinese list Im going for it however I will be blaming you if it all goes tits.

6 minutes ago, yon said:

Nice one I have an iphone, you have an iphone and a S18 you can touch. 

Actually, I can't touch my S18 right now because I sent it back to eWheels to get the suspension repaired.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Josephch said:

Im guessing that i have to be a premium user to do that? The log in tab is not clickable. 

I'm not a premium user but I'm able to update and downgrade.  I just had to create an account.  Check to see that you have the latest Android version of the app or just uninstall and reinstall from the Google Play store.  You should be able to create a login for free and have the options.

10 hours ago, c5flybyu said:

I'm not a premium user but I'm able to update and downgrade.  I just had to create an account.  Check to see that you have the latest Android version of the app or just uninstall and reinstall from the Google Play store.  You should be able to create a login for free and have the options.

Sweet it worked. Thanks for the advice! 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AlexIsTheBest said:

My shock is hitting a screw nub on the fender when it gets compressed and I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong here. Can anyone help?

I’m not sure what is going on. I assume the fender is mounted correctly? Here is mine. 

50555727818_b0118150e9_b.jpg

50556592657_0bb1cc8410_b.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AlexIsTheBest said:

Hmm could I be because I didn’t have the plastic block installed when I pumped up the suspension?

Basically, I’m wondering if everyone’s shock hits that nub if the shock is deflated.

Mine does not, Instead it rubs the tire. I think they changed the fender slightly on later modals.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

Mine does not, Instead it rubs the tire. I think they changed the fender slightly on later modals.  

I see, well I suppose I’ll just reassemble and when I’m done and all pumped up properly if it’s still rubbing I’ll just shave that nub off.

The good news is my suspension arms and sliders are smooth as butter! Took me like 20 hours, was it worth it? We will see!

Edited by AlexIsTheBest
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AlexIsTheBest said:

I see, well I suppose I’ll just reassemble and when I’m done and all pumped up properly if it’s still rubbing I’ll just shave that nub off.

The good news is my suspension arms and sliders are smooth as butter! Took me like 20 hours, was it worth it? We will see!

Looking at the pictures, It seems that screws may be missing?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BFE Duke said:

You're probably not doing anything wrong. It's just bad design. I ended up shaving off some of that nub off with a belt sander. 

Yes, Both tire rub and the shock hitting are both known problems. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

Yes, Both tire rub and the shock hitting are both known problems. 

Good to know! It seems that way.

26 minutes ago, BFE Duke said:

You're probably not doing anything wrong. It's just bad design. I ended up shaving off some of that nub off with a belt sander. 

What? You mean this isn’t the pinnacle of engineering?

28 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

Looking at the pictures, It seems that screws may be missing?

I just haven’t finished assembling.

Onto a different problem, I am about to burn this s*hit to the ground! How do I get the motherboard cover back on?!?

• Like 2

On 10/30/2020 at 11:29 AM, Josephch said:

I realized that after i posted, there was a difference in the carry mode. I didn't notice it before since i usually pull the handle all the way out to roll it and usually shut it off to carry it into the house. The update really sucks... I have to keep reminding my self not to put it in carry mode and almost dropped it a few times. I wish i can revert back..

You can if you revert back to 2.05. Use SoftTuner to revert your S-18 to 2.05. Today I upgraded to the 2.06 just to see if there was anything that changed. Probably just in my head but I found that it handles much better. Turns are much easier, exceleration is better, and it seems smoother. I’m going to fool around what 2.06 for a while and see how it work. I like you don’t like that the carry handle doesn’t work, but WTF they will probably fix it on the next iteration. If we COMPLAIN enough!

On 10/30/2020 at 6:15 PM, Bridgeboy said:

It's all written in Chinese. How is that useful? Do you know Chinese? Or how to translate it?

使用中文

我知道我是个混蛋。

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mac said:

You can if you revert back to 2.05. Use SoftTuner to revert your S-18 to 2.05. Today I upgraded to the 2.06 just to see if there was anything that changed. Probably just in my head but I found that it handles much better. Turns are much easier, exceleration is better, and it seems smoother. I’m going to fool around what 2.06 for a while and see how it work. I like you don’t like that the carry handle doesn’t work, but WTF they will probably fix it on the next iteration. If we COMPLAIN enough!

I used the Euc world app to  to revert back to the previous version. I noticed that the other upgrades seems to remain in place but carry mode is like the 2.05. I could be wrong but when i check upgrade on euc world, only upgrade left is the carry mode and when i check kingsong app, it gives me a prompt to finish the upgrade. I like where my wheel is now.🤔🤔

@Mac Do you notice a difference in pedal dip? With 2.06 the faster I go the more the front dips. Also it seems to try to help me brake. ..... Just for the record I hate both of those features. I would rather be the one doing the driving. I never know what the thing is doing. Very unnerving. :furious:

As a reference, I like the Gotway hard settings. You can take the boy off the Gotway but you can’t take the GotWay expectations out of the boy.:rolleyes:

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 8:43 PM, feguti said:

Attached video

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p2vfbdhfb08v5dj/Prueba de ruido cojinete KSS18.mp4?raw=1

I do not have an account on youtube yet, so you will have to see it with the link or download it directly.

Thank you!! This is great! Much appreciated! Hopefully with this video in comparison I will be able to convince the dealer!

On 11/1/2020 at 10:16 PM, Rehab1 said:
On 11/1/2020 at 9:31 PM, AlexIsTheBest said:

My shock is hitting a screw nub on the fender when it gets compressed and I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong here. Can anyone help?

I’m not sure what is going on. I assume the fender is mounted correctly? Here is mine. 

Mmmh, here is mine ( and I replaced joints - but not taking it apart in full).
@Rehab1, did you not replace your shock ? (did it have diff. dimesions ?)

Maybe something to do with pos / neg chamber inflation. I ll try some more this WE.

20201104_202601.thumb.jpg.c4122d2fd5287139d3103c5ce5f3536f.jpg

Edited by Meulebeest
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Meulebeest said:

Rehab1, did you not replace your shock ? (did it have diff. dimesions ?)

Yes I installed the upgraded DNM version ADY-38RC that contains only an upper pressure valve.

Prior to my complete tear down the previous 36RC never contacted the fender nub. Wished I could offer more assistance but without @AlexIsTheBest’s wheel in hand it’s difficult to analyze the problem.

Hopefully round 3 solves all of the current issues because the S18 is an amazing wheel.