S2 won’t balance or move??

Mrbrucelee

Can anyone advice?

im a newbie and only started riding my S2 2 weeks ago. All going great until today when I turned very hard to prevent falling and since my S2 does work correctly.

When power is off the wheel spins freely but when you power on the gyro doesn’t seem to work as it doesn’t stay upright?!? ☹️

It doesn’t move - the wheel will roll when on (not freely) and when you lie it on its side it doesn’t bleep?!?

can any one help please?

thanks

• Like 1

i think your case is a fried mosfet, bring it back to ninebot & claim warranty, hopefully it will be minimum or free of charge. If you bought it somewhere else other than official store then you'll need to fix it yourself i'm afraid bcos normally official store will tend to charge very high if you didn't buy from them or they might even refuse to repair it then refer to the below

Spoiler

You'll have to dismantle the whole wheel to be able to access the motherboard to check the mosfet. Recently did a tyre change for a friend, dismantling the pedal was a pain in the a$$, i end up using a hammer drill to hammer it out or better this advice

Other great tips from fellow forumer 

Thank you for your help.

i did contact Segway UK and although I didn’t buy it from them I was able to provide the receipt to prove how new it was and they have emailed me details to post it to their U.K. repair factor to fix.

is this mosfet issue common, does it happen all the time?  Is it something I should get used to changing regularly and if so can anyone recommend where I can get a “stock” of them in the U.K.?

Thanks again

• Like 1

• 1 month later...