EUC-WORLD app current alarm

Hi,

something strange is happening with my new MSX 84V. I installed the EUC WORLD app and set the current alarm to 60A, because i heard Marty Backe saying that he set it to 90A before the overheat hill stress test. With 60A the alarm was going almost instantly, here on my driveway, so i set it to 90. But it was easy to trigger. I searched the forum and read that the Gotway Wheels tend to report too much current. So i set the alarm to 115A, just for a test. The wheel itself did not beep at all.

Then i started logging and went for my first ride in the forest. It didn't have very steep inclines but the overcurrent alarm was triggered 3 times. Here a screenshot of my log. The three red dots on the lowest chart show the alarms, i assume. See the point i highlighted. it shows a 4780W peak in power, pretty exact the battery voltage multiplied by the current logged.

So, why was the overcurrent alarm, which was set to 115A triggered with 61A ? I looks like i'd have to enter twice the current to get the alarm at the correct point. Could this be a bug in the EUC-WORLD app?

log.png

2 hours ago, btl said:

So, why was the overcurrent alarm, which was set to 115A triggered with 61A ? I looks like i'd have to enter twice the current to get the alarm at the correct point. Could this be a bug in the EUC-WORLD app?

Maybe? But did not hear reports till now of euch a fault.

But this graph is smoothed and does not show the "real" peaks. You have to look at the csv file to get the maximum numbers.

2 hours ago, btl said:

I searched the forum and read that the Gotway Wheels tend to report too much current.

Gotway wheels report the motor current and not the battery current as some other wheels. So the numbers are much higher. Especially at lower speeds.

2 hours ago, btl said:

it shows a 4780W peak in power, pretty exact the battery voltage multiplied by the current logged.

Yes. The wheel multiplies motor current with battery current and reports it as power. But its just a nonsense number...

• Like 1

Ah, thank you Chriull

next time i'll switch on CSV logging. What motor current would an MSX user enter to the app to get a sensible alarm? Or does it just not work properly with an MSX?

The statistics page in the EUC-WORLD app even shows a whopping 11kW max power used:

Screenshot_20200407-232021_EUC World.jpg

If it helps, on my 100v MSX with EUC World I run 90A current alarm and 120A peak current alarm. Seems to work OK for me, I rarely trigger it. And when I do, it's usually only from extreme low speed demands.