Can barely hear MSX beeps over the wind.

One thing that's been bothering me recently is that the beeps on my MSX can be really hard to hear on a windy day with my helmet on. I check wheelog after my rides, and haven't gone over 55 km/h, so I think I've got a good feel as to which speed I'm going, but I'd rather be certain and not risk a cutout by leaving it up to "feel".

Are there other apps out there that can translate a beep to like, vibration on my phone or something?

EDIT: looking at darkness bot, apparently it has that feature

ANOTHER EDIT: Apparently darknessbot is only for iOS?

Edited by Justin Boivin

I use eucw and never thought about the vibrate feature. Out on a ride with my lemfo strapped to my arm, it would vibrate at 30mph (JUST BEFORE TILTBACK) and it coincided with the beeps on the wheel. It was THEN I realized how damn wonderful that could be. If i wore a helmet or my wheel beeps werent loud, that tiny vibration would be enough. I was pleasantly surprised to find a feature I'll use, by accident. You would think the tiny vibration would be easy to miss, but it wasnt. Subtle, but of a frequency that was easily recognized. Eucw is awesome and I still dont know what half the shit it does, is.

• Like 1

i have used wheellog before and now euc world they both have the vibrate feature.. but that didnt help me i couldnt feel/notice that anyways.. i just wanted to test it, that was on an older phone though if i turned up the vibration to max on my phone now would probably notice it.. better than beeps.. i think the best thing is the pebble smartwatch but thats ridiculously expensive now i got mine for like 30 bucks at the time, though you could also get another cheap android smartwatch and euc world should work with it.. then you have a visual aid plus its much easier to feel something on your wrist rather than in your pocket

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Declan acoustic-unicyclist said:

I extended my beeper wire, routed it through a hole in the side panel, and moved the beeper to rest, just below the handle and pointed up at me.

I can hear my 100V MSX 80% alarm, even at full battery

now thats ingenuity.. i imagine people will be doing this a lot on the MSP as its located in the bottom rear corner iirc.. the reviews said its way quieter than the MSX lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Declan acoustic-unicyclist said:

I extended my beeper wire, routed it through a hole in the side panel, and moved the beeper to rest, just below the handle and pointed up at me.

Nice, that's smart, perhaps I'll make that a future project. This week I've been riding with the EUC world vibrations set up, and that seems to have been working well. I dipped under 40 percent battery today, and was well aware of speed/battery alarms even when I couldn't hear. Glad its no longer a mystery.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Declan acoustic-unicyclist said:

I did consider using this location, but there didn't seem to be enough room to fit my fingers under the handle as well as a buzzer.

Do you never carry your MSX ?!

• Like 1

On 4/9/2020 at 5:56 AM, Planemo said:

I did consider using this location, but there didn't seem to be enough room to fit my fingers under the handle as well as a buzzer.

Do you never carry your MSX ?!

I carry it with 3 fingers, but very rarely have to carry it up stairs. That said, I have the 2200wh so it weighs over 60lb (27kg), so I still manage

Ah ok cheers. Yeah I dont often carry mine either tbh but I just wondered how you dealt with the space. I think I am erring towards doing the same, I can live with a 3 finger handle more than a broken face lol

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi,

anyone knows how I could setup 80% alarm in darknessbot? It do not see this feature. I can only set alarms with speed, wattage, amperage. It does not le me know when the 80% alarm happens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Motyon said:

Hi,

anyone knows how I could setup 80% alarm in darknessbot? It do not see this feature. I can only set alarms with speed, wattage, amperage. It does not le me know when the 80% alarm happens.

Holy thread resurrection!

The 80% alarm is not transmitted by the wheel, so neither EUC World nor Darknessbot will read it. And yes its a pain, cos its a great alarm :)

3 hours ago, Planemo said:

Holy thread resurrection!

The 80% alarm is not transmitted by the wheel, so neither EUC World nor Darknessbot will read it. And yes its a pain, cos its a great alarm :)

Yeah I cannot hear it ove 30mph with helmet so I’ll probably need to do some tricks with the speaker.