I gave my MSX ears, now it can stand up.

Maybe put those out back to impede the wheel's derriere painting fixation?

(acting similar to a mud flap.)

Edited by meepmeepmayer
image removed - no big deal but probably better to not have it here
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Xoltri said:

Love my MSX, but one annoyance is taking it into a grocery store or restaurant.  It is big and heavy, and if you need both hands free you either have to lean it on something or carefully put it on its side.  So I made a permanent stand for it that kind of look like ears, attached with hot glue.  These are made out of wood, but I'm sure someone smarter could 3D print them.  This way, you can just lean it forward and it can free stand on it's own.  I always trolly it with the motor off indoors (since it can be dangerous if it gets away from you), so it's a pretty easy motion to put it down and pick it back up.

I included a photo with a ruler so you can hopefully print out the template at the same scale and use it to make your own.

20200402_125704.jpg

20200402_131127 (1).jpg

20200402_131204.jpg

20200401_202213.jpg

That's a pretty crazy tire you have on there.:blink1:

1 hour ago, winterwheel said:

That's a pretty crazy tire you have on there.:blink1:

Yeah, I don't like it very much, the knobs are too big and it makes it hard to control. I had bought it a while back online, were through my other winter tire so I thought I'd try it.  Just about to switch back to my summer tire anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Willy510 said:

I made up a quick 3D model and posted the print files up if you want to try a printed one.   I haven't printed it yet but it's pulled from my other front bumper design so it should fit the profile exactly. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4257421/files

WKA82Uz.png

That's awesome!  Thanks!