First Ride Mten3 420w/67v

bigwave

Outstanding!  No way could I wave at a camera at that stage in learning to ride.

She must have a good teacher.

Bruce

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PennBruce said:

Outstanding!  No way could I wave at a camera at that stage in learning to ride.

She must have a good teacher.

Bruce

Thank you. She has always been very athletic and pretty good hockey player, good snowboarder , so she has decent balance. I just got her to watch some youtube videos and we did some indoor practice on the basics. Its nice to be doing something together !

Edited by bigwave

I enjoy mine, but it certainly doesnt replace the 18L. The similarities in how to ride, are close enough that once you know how to, you will do fine on either. The mten is WAY easier at walking speeds and gets me into lots more trouble, as the boredom at that speed, provokes stupidity. The slick little tire keeps wet fields interesting, and mine stays pretty full of mud nowadays,

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Stillhart said:

Nice!  What are your thoughts on the Mten as a relatively new rider?

The Mten is a super fun, easy to ride wheel that will improve your skill set which you can apply to a bigger more powerful wheel. Like @ShanesPlanet said, It doesn't replace (in my case 18XL). Like others have said, Its the best second wheel you can have. My wife is currently learning on the Mten and is having a lot of fun. For her, it's less intimidating due to the size and weight compared to the 18XL(she did have a little try on the 18XL). Once her skill set improves she will be riding the 18XL and I will be on......? :D

If I'm not planning on going any great distance ,I always grab the Mten3 . It's just really a blast to ride!!!

• Like 2

It's been my goal to get an Mten3 as my second wheel so my kids/wife can learn on something less intimidating.  (I am replacing my first wheel though, first.)  Glad to hear it's working well for that. 

• Like 1

Isnt it so funny that the PERCEPTION of it being easier and safer, overcomes the reality and helps people not give up so fast. Keep telling them how easy it is to do and theyll be less likely to give up. Mind over matter ftw! Honestly, my mten has bitten me many more times than my 18, and i got the 18 first and 200 miles BEFORE i got the mten. That gotway dance isnt a joke :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

.... That gotway dance isnt a joke :)

Amen, I know it well.  When the MTen3 does it dance, the foot pedals become scycles. 

Bruce

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...