KS 18xl vs MSX

3 hours ago, shwinston said:

However, I did order a J1772 adapter that will allow me to charge at car charging stations. It will be here Wednesday. 

Does the adapter limit the charging current, or can you choose the charging current at the charge station? Because if you try to charge at above 5-10A, we will learn about a burning EUC (or at least burned wires) soon after Wednesday...

1 hour ago, shwinston said:

@Preston Palmer My charger does that for me. My fast charger from eWheels can handle 240v or 110v. All I have to do is flip a switch.

The eWheels charger handles AC current. A EV car charger is DC. That won’t work... how are you converting 240v DC to AC?...

Edited by Preston Palmer

30 minutes ago, shwinston said:

@Preston Palmer My adapter is only for J1772 AC chargers. A J1772 DC charger couldn't connect to it. Take a look at this quick guide on page 3: https://www.chargepoint.com/files/Quick_Guide_to_Fast_Charging.pdf

Still not understanding how a J1772 AC adapter will get you a regular plug to plug your eWheels charger into... still isn’t making sense.  You still have a plug you can’t use.

@Preston Palmer I've attached a picture of the adapter. So the J1772 charger plugs into this adapter and then there is a pigtail (mine will have three) from the adapter to a 5-15 plug. A C-13 plug is in the picture, but I had the adapter made with three 5-15 plugs instead so I can directly plug my charger in. Obviously make sure my charger is switched to 240v before I plug it in. As you can see from the picture, only the AC J1772 chargers can plug into this adapter. Pending any unknown issues, I should be able to charge my wheel off any J1772 charger with this adapter. Next Wednesday will be the moment of truth.

Zero 2 C-13.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, shwinston said:

....but I had the adapter made with three 5-15 plugs instead...

Ah... Now it makes sense. Let me know how it works. I just stop at a coffee shop or something to charge up... Easy enough.

23 minutes ago, Preston Palmer said:

Ah... Now it makes sense. Let me know how it works. I just stop at a coffee shop or something to charge up... Easy enough.

That works too. Easier to do prior to things being closed.