If you are using as expected, must be one of those broken buttons that only works when pressed from a certain direction.  My old laptop had a trackpad button like that, infuriating!

as you can see here there are two physical buttons, one per side... if you are using it on one side and it doesnt work im afraid that means it is broken... either that or the unlikely chance that it came undone.. i havent actually checked myself but i think its connected to the main board so if you knew what you were doing you could check that and see if its a complete dud or just not connected.. otherwise, nothing much you can do besides gluing a piece of rigid plastic under there in the hopes both sides would be able to trigger the working one.. gotway wiring is a bit of a rats nest so its hard to tell from someone elses disassembly pics but if you were to take off the side panels it should be obvious where its going

Monokoleso-Gotway-Nikola-razbiraem-40.jpg

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, /Dev/Null said:

Considring it "clicks" on one side but not on the other (even when off), I kind of doubt it's an electrical connection problem and more of some physical contact problem.  I think if I'm going to take this apart I'm going to go back & try to find that thread to turn off the startup sound as well.  Might as well do both things if I'm going to take the sides off.

oh, well that makes it easy to diagnose lol.. i wonder if you could just replace it with a similar switch.. ah yes i wholeheartedly agree with that, whoevers idea it was to include that startup sound was obviously a psychopath, i just unplugged my speakers because i dont use them and its easier lol

• 2 weeks later...