EUC World FAQ - user input needed!

3 hours ago, runramrom said:

Hello all, I am a new euc rider and I am not sure if I made a good choice in purchasing a KS16XS (from e-wheels) being a totally inexperienced rider. I will say I have been on it a few times in the neighborhood (San Francisco-not downtown yet lol) I wear safety gear and I have fallen a few times where the last time freaked me out. I was doing great until I hit a speed bump and fell hard on street directly on my left breastplate. That was 4 days ago still really hurts. Oh and I sprained a pinky. 

BUT the reason I am replying in here is because I don't know what is up with the wheel or maybe its the app? 

Here's an example. I will turn to the right and it will be downhill not extremely down but I have learned I have to watch how far I am leaning back or else I will fall back and bust my ass/head. Or I have been riding where the wheel seems to be out of control. 

I read somewhere that there is a safety measure that limits speed to 13 mph until I have more experience. I'm confused about tiltback I believe that's when I have crashed. Is there any way to avoid the wheel "kicking me off" (so to speak)??

Thanks. ..Michael:D

I believe you can adjust the wheel setting on Euc World app to adjust the speed limit to what you desire. You can also adjust when you want the tilt back to happen to avoid pushing the Euc to the limit to prevent a cut off that can really hurt you. 

When you are breaking or leaning back, if you are feeling that you might fall backward and bust ass/head, you may be standing too tall and leaning backwards. I am new too but have rode over 200 miles and have never gotten that "sensation" that i will fall backwards. I lean my upper body forward slightly (unless i need to brake hard) and tilt back so there is balance during the breaking. 

I hope your getting better and glad your wearing safety gear. Be safe out there. 

P.S: You can always contact ewheels about technical questions on the Euc, I believe they are very helpful and prompt with any support or technical questions you have with your purchase.

Edited by Josephch
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, runramrom said:

Hello all, I am a new euc rider and I am not sure if I made a good choice in purchasing a KS16XS (from e-wheels) being a totally inexperienced rider. I will say I have been on it a few times in the neighborhood (San Francisco-not downtown yet lol) I wear safety gear and I have fallen a few times where the last time freaked me out. I was doing great until I hit a speed bump and fell hard on street directly on my left breastplate. That was 4 days ago still really hurts. Oh and I sprained a pinky. 

BUT the reason I am replying in here is because I don't know what is up with the wheel or maybe its the app? 

Here's an example. I will turn to the right and it will be downhill not extremely down but I have learned I have to watch how far I am leaning back or else I will fall back and bust my ass/head. Or I have been riding where the wheel seems to be out of control. 

I read somewhere that there is a safety measure that limits speed to 13 mph until I have more experience. I'm confused about tiltback I believe that's when I have crashed. Is there any way to avoid the wheel "kicking me off" (so to speak)??

Ouch, sorry to hear about the last fall, glad you're ok though (for the most part). I've just been riding a little over a month but I don't remember any issues like you're describing with my 16X...fortunately I don't have the hills you probably do in SF, that's gotta be a little tricky for learning.

Definitely check the Wheel Settings->Alarms/Tiltback page under Settings in the euc world app while your wheel is turned on but not moving. I do remember adjusting some stuff early on like the alarm which was at 18kph (and probably tiltback). Recommend double checking the settings after trying to save them, I seem to have to change my alarms one by one and sometimes it takes a few tries to actually register...not sure why that is.

FWIW, I ride under Medium mode (vs Soft or Hard) and kept the first warning beeps at 28kph for the first few hundred km. I finally moved them up to 30kph on my last ride...trying my best not to speed on this thing but the pull to speed up is strong especially on smooth roads.

Edited by manieuc

Well, this evening I decided to go to the Safeway about 5 blocks away. I rode on sidewalk going there and walked it at a couple crosswalks and then when ready to go back I had a funny time trying to "take off" but on 4th try i was able to get on and ride on sidewalk and when it was green, rode through crosswalk and made turns and rode sidewalk, then street uphill back. When I went from street to sidewalk where I live, I had to jump off and ended up dropping wheel. But felt great to not crash or get hurt lol.

• Like 1

So your problem of falling off the back, seems to have been user error? Fwiw, speed limiting doesnt limit the power to the wheel so much as the speed to the wheel. YOur ability to accelerate and stop or go down hill will not be effected as far as below speed limit power. Pace yourself, it sounds like perhaps you are attempting a little too much too quickly and its already biting you in the ass..literally. If it takes you 4 starts to get rolling from a stop, maybe you should take a moment to get more comfy and stay away from regular traffic and stores? I just know that things can go badly REALLY quickly and doubly so when you havent quite gotten the hang of it. Fwiw, im over 1,000 miles in on multiple wheels and am just now starting to feel pretty comfy on these things. Glad you're figuring it out, but pace yourself so we can read about you around here for more than this first half season.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 9:01 PM, runramrom said:

Hi @runramrom. I'm not exactly sure what you are describing here. There have been some 16X's with an issue where pedals would tilt back turning one way and dip forward turning the other way. However this can also be due to bad calibration.

However for the pedals to tilt back slightly during a downhill is normal. The pedals will always try to stay horizontal. So unlike skis, a skateboard or roller skates,  your feet will not be parallel to the street surface when riding downhill.  If you don't expect this, it may take some getting used to.

• 10 months later...

Is there a place I can find documentation for this app? There's a few meters on the gauge that I've had to discover the meaning of through process of elimination; and there's some stats I don't quite understand still, like "safety margin".

1 hour ago, Spaghetteh said:

Is there a place I can find documentation for this app? There's a few meters on the gauge that I've had to discover the meaning of through process of elimination; and there's some stats I don't quite understand still, like "safety margin".

https://euc.world/blog/understanding-main-screen/

• Like 2