EUC World FAQ - user input needed!

Hi everyone,

We're in the process of creating EUC World documentation, and would greatly appreciate your input for the FAQ section. We want to cover as many common doubts and questions as possible (and not leave any out!), and since the developers, beta-testers and translators are very (too?) familiar with the app, it's easy to take things for granted or overlook things that might seem obvious to us but not to others, especially new users. So we'd like to ask for your help. It could also be a good way to put our quarantine time to good use, and take our minds off the mono-theme that seems to be omni-present everywhere else.

We could have combed through the entire EUC World thread, as pretty much every doubt imaginable has come up there, but with as many pages as it has, it would be a monumental task so we reckoned it would be better to crowd-source this, also not to overlook anything important that may not have been asked. So please feel free to add any questions that come into mind, from the very basics (Why won't my wheel connect? Why can't I record my tours?) to doubts about voltage-dependent alarm settings and whatever else you can think of that might be relevant. If you know the answer to the question, feel free to include it too :)

This is what we have so far (just started this today, these are off the top of my head):

• Why can’t I change my wheel settings?
  • Why aren't I getting any alarms?
  • Why can’t I change battery level calculation, battery level averaging, or wheel speed/distance correction?
  • Why isn’t the app letting me track my tours?
  • What if I don’t have mobile data, have a limited data plan or don’t want to use it for tour tracking?
  • How do I know if my tour is being recorded?

(these questions have already been answered)

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Victor Solovjov said:

On the first screen, I understand where the speed, battery and temperature scale are. It is understood that the maximum value of the battery is 100%. What is the maximum temperature, I don’t know, I don’t know the maximum speed either, but I can see it in the settings. What the inner arc shows at the top, I have no idea. What do the large points on the arcs mean, I don’t know either.

Need a diagram with arrows, with explanations.

Thanks!

I've actually already done that, will post it shortly! An actual user manual is in the works, this post refers to the FAQ, think of it more of a "How do I....?" or "Why doesn't this...?" :)

• Like 2

OK, seeing that this thread isn't getting much traction...I think I'll put it on pause for the time being and shift approach. Makes a lot more sense to release the documentation first (which entails finishing it... ) and then compile unanswered questions to make the FAQ. 😅

Am a complete noob in this field...

You always come up with good ideas @travsformation :thumbup:

I think a FAQ might be the easier thing to build than documentation or manual. 

It will also show what answers given out to questions asked over time I guess. And it can  help to see where development could make app easier or have more functionality. 

In short. Great idea. Imho👍

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Unventor said:

You always come up with good ideas @travsformation :thumbup:

I think a FAQ might be the easier thing to build than documentation or manual. 

It will also show what answers given out to questions asked over time I guess. And it can  help to see where development could make app easier or have more functionality. 

In short. Great idea. Imho👍

Thanks! :efeec46606:

I've actually done quite a bit of progress on the documentation (I didn't think of the FAQ until later), so I reckon I might as well finish it. Then I can post it, see what questions remain unanswered, what users are still struggling with/don't understand, and complement the documentation with the FAQ. If only I'd thought of doing the FAQ first... :whistling:

• Like 1

Maybe a LOT of us have already asked so many things in the other thread (and gotten answers), that you arent seeing it repeated here? Then there's always the thing about knowing so little about the app, we dont know WHAT questions to ask? I know I feel a total fool when I ask stupid questions that are obvious to everyone but myself. I bet this thread could be filled a little more IF someone took on the daunting task of combing thru the other eucw thread and reposting/sorting the things already addressed. I applaud all your efforts, but it MAY be a good idea to begin this thread with the 'how to'  'owners manual' first, THEN watch the questions pour in? I could see this 'faq' thread being VERY useful, if it was modded heavily and postings were subject to rearrange/deletion and what not. Im not a fan of censorship, but over time a freely used thread gets a little cumbersome to use. You know, from people putting posts in like this.... with little to no information of use.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

My humble suggestion is that, rather than an FAQ, create a default "simple mode" that has FAR less information on the main screens.  Speed (max, current, top, etc), battery, temp, trip distance, etc...just the basics.  Then have an option to unlock an "advanced mode" that shows all the stuff like voltage and amperage and whatever.  I love how much information this app has and all the cool things it can do, but it's a little bit of information overload.  I love that all that stuff is there for when I'm ready for it, but I'm not ready for it.  lol

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2020 at 12:11 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

I applaud all your efforts, but it MAY be a good idea to begin this thread with the 'how to'  'owners manual' first, THEN watch the questions pour in?

Yepp, I'ver decided to take that route, makes much more sense

• 3 weeks later...

complete answers to the questions in your first post would be helpful - not just answers/explanations but also common problems people run into, and end up asking the same specific question over and over.  that first post says all these questions have been answered - but have they been answered conveniently in one spot? 

I'm not trying to be redundant - my specific question has to do with getting the tour function to work, which likely has been answered, just not in a place I've yet read.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ben Hatfield said:

complete answers to the questions in your first post would be helpful - not just answers/explanations but also common problems people run into, and end up asking the same specific question over and over.  that first post says all these questions have been answered - but have they been answered conveniently in one spot? 

I'm not trying to be redundant - my specific question has to do with getting the tour function to work, which likely has been answered, just not in a place I've yet read.

I don't think the intention behind this thread has been fully understood, it wasn't meant as an actual FAQ but as a "What questions would you like to see in the FAQ, which haven't been answered in the main EUC.W thread?"

But in the end, we decided to work on the documentation instead, release it, and then have everyone direct questions that weren't covered in the documentation to this thread so we can slowly compile a FAQ. But @Seba develops faster than we can keep track of, so documentation is still an ongoing process...

My recommendation for now is to direct questions to the main EUC World thread, as there are more users and you're more likely to get a reply. But since you've asked...what is the exact issue you're having with tour tracking? Have you signed up and logged in? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, travsformation said:

I don't think the intention behind this thread has been fully understood, it wasn't meant as an actual FAQ but as a "What questions would you like to see in the FAQ, which haven't been answered in the main EUC.W thread?"

But in the end, we decided to work on the documentation instead, release it, and then have everyone direct questions that weren't covered in the documentation to this thread so we can slowly compile a FAQ. But @Seba develops faster than we can keep track of, so documentation is still an ongoing process...

My recommendation for now is to direct questions to the main EUC World thread, as there are more users and you're more likely to get a reply. But since you've asked...what is the exact issue you're having with tour tracking? Have you signed up and logged in? 

gotcha on your main point - yea, been using the EUC world app for a few weeks now.  I actually got the tour to work for the first time today - I had changed the 'run in background' and gps access - but I think I changed the gps access to 'always' before todays ride - that must of been the last setting change to get it to work.   funny - didn't think I really cared that much, but seeing the data on the EUC World webpage is very cool. 

2 hours ago, Ben Hatfield said:

gotcha on your main point - yea, been using the EUC world app for a few weeks now.  I actually got the tour to work for the first time today - I had changed the 'run in background' and gps access - but I think I changed the gps access to 'always' before todays ride - that must of been the last setting change to get it to work.   funny - didn't think I really cared that much, but seeing the data on the EUC World webpage is very cool. 

Yeah, it doesn't seem like too big a deal until you start to use it and see how much power getting up a certain hill required, the current spike when you powered over the massive tree root, how much battery that section of hot-dogging drained or how much battery that 3-mile downhill regenerated. It's cool to be able to have that data. There's a long sustained hill leaving town that, thanks to EUC World data, I've christened the 15-amp hill :efee612b4b:

And the more you use it, the better it gets. I love being able to see my mileage, how many kg of CO2 I've saved, and the stats on the main page (bottom, Top Riders section) for my distance, longest tour and highest riding speed of a single tour for the last week, month, 180 days or all-time. 

About your question, power management is the most common culprit. If you've already enabled GPS access and allowed it to run in the background, you should be OK, but just to be sure, go to settings > apps > look for EUC World and make sure there is no battery optimization enabled, so it doesn't put the app to sleep in the background. 

Samsung phones might require a different route:

• Settings >> Apps >> EUC World >> Battery >> Make sure "Allow background use" is active
  • Settings >> Apps >> EUC World >> Battery >> Optimize battery use >> All (top) >> EUC World >> Make sure it's unchecked

BTW, it's perfect that you brought this up because it's a recurring issue users encountered by many users. Maybe I'll add a "considerations to make sure EUC World works properly" section in the "getting stated" area of the documentation. Might be worth duplicating it in the FAQ as well, because it's definitely frequent. Cheers! :thumbup:

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, travsformation said:

Yeah, it doesn't seem like too big a deal until you start to use it and see how much power getting up a certain hill required, the current spike when you powered over the massive tree root, how much battery that section of hot-dogging drained or how much battery that 3-mile downhill regenerated. It's cool to be able to have that data. There's a long sustained hill leaving town that, thanks to EUC World data, I've christened the 15-amp hill :efee612b4b:

And the more you use it, the better it gets. I love being able to see my mileage, how many kg of CO2 I've saved, and the stats on the main page (bottom, Top Riders section) for my distance, longest tour and highest riding speed of a single tour for the last week, month, 180 days or all-time. 

About your question, power management is the most common culprit. If you've already enabled GPS access and allowed it to run in the background, you should be OK, but just to be sure, go to settings > apps > look for EUC World and make sure there is no battery optimization enabled, so it doesn't put the app to sleep in the background. 

• Settings >> Apps >> EUC World >> Battery >> Make sure "Allow background use" is active
  • Settings >> Apps >> EUC World >> Battery >> Optimize battery use >> All (top) >> EUC World >> Make sure it's unchecked

BTW, it's perfect that you brought this up because it's a recurring issue users encountered by many users. Maybe I'll add a "considerations to make sure EUC World works properly" section in the "getting stated" area of the documentation. Might be worth duplicating it in the FAQ as well, because it's definitely frequent. Cheers! :thumbup:

yea, figured - seemed like an issue other people would of run into as well. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 12:18 PM, travsformation said:

I'm working on the documentation, and have a Huawei (EMUI) and a Samsung (ONEUI). Could anyone confirm the path to do this on a stock Android with no customization layers? Thanks!

4 hours ago, travsformation said:

I'm working on the documentation, and have a Huawei (EMUI) and a Samsung (ONEUI). Could anyone confirm the path to do this on a stock Android with no customization layers? Thanks!

I'm on OxygenOS (OnePlus 7T) and mine is Settings >> Apps >> EUC World >> Advanced >> Battery Optimization >> Don't Optimize

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stillhart said:

I'm on OxygenOS (OnePlus 7T) and mine is Settings >> Apps >> EUC World >> Advanced >> Battery Optimization >> Don't Optimize

Thanks, added to the (yet to be released) FAQ. Am only missing stock Android! :)

5 minutes ago, travsformation said:

Thanks, added to the (yet to be released) FAQ. Am only missing stock Android! :)

Okay on my wife's Pixel, which should be stock Android, it's:

....EUC World >> Advanced >> Battery >> Background Restriction should say "App can use battery in background"

....EUC World >> Advanced >> Battery >> Battery optimization >> "All apps" dropdown >> EUC World >> Don't Optimize

Very similar to the one you posted above.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stillhart said:

Okay on my wife's Pixel, which should be stock Android, it's:

....EUC World >> Advanced >> Battery >> Background Restriction should say "App can use battery in background"

....EUC World >> Advanced >> Battery >> Battery optimization >> "All apps" dropdown >> EUC World >> Don't Optimize

Very similar to the one you posted above.

Great, thanks for taking the time to look that up! :cheers:

Now I've got everyone covered except for HTC Sense... :efef2e0fff: :efee612b4b:

• 1 month later...

I think a beginner guide on how to use the app would be very helpful.

I use the EUC World app as it seems to be the easiest to set up and understand the basics but it does have a lot of features that I'd like to know more about. At the moment I only really use it to monitor my battery level and distance covered as I don't properly understand the other functions

Today I decided to alter various settings and see if I could find out what they do (hence visiting this thread). The problem I now have is the main round dial screen that shows speed / battery level / temperature now has a hatched red arc around the outside of the dial on the righthand (temperature) side.

Any idea what this means? It kinda looks worrying to me as though something is set too high or something is in danger of overheating :( I've since ridden my wheel a few hundred yards at a modest speed and all seems fine but I'd feel a lot happier riding once I know all is ok.

Many thanks.

Edited by Gasmantle

• 3 months later...

Hello all, I am a new euc rider and I am not sure if I made a good choice in purchasing a KS16XS (from e-wheels) being a totally inexperienced rider. I will say I have been on it a few times in the neighborhood (San Francisco-not downtown yet lol) I wear safety gear and I have fallen a few times where the last time freaked me out. I was doing great until I hit a speed bump and fell hard on street directly on my left breastplate. That was 4 days ago still really hurts. Oh and I sprained a pinky. 

BUT the reason I am replying in here is because I don't know what is up with the wheel or maybe its the app? 

Here's an example. I will turn to the right and it will be downhill not extremely down but I have learned I have to watch how far I am leaning back or else I will fall back and bust my ass/head. Or I have been riding where the wheel seems to be out of control. 

I read somewhere that there is a safety measure that limits speed to 13 mph until I have more experience. I'm confused about tiltback I believe that's when I have crashed. Is there any way to avoid the wheel "kicking me off" (so to speak)??

Thanks. ..Michael:D

• Like 1

I also have questions about the EUC World app. 

Like wheel speed correction and wheel distance and things related to making the wheel more user-friendly. Also, tiltback settings.I can get off and on and am good on flat surfaces, but worried about the wobble going over an unexpected pothole or something. I appreciate any responses. Thanks

• Like 1