Any diy wheel stop mods for msx?

Globewheel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Can anyone tell me what kind of plug to order for the switch in the video? I ordered 2 pin plugs on Amazon but too small

Gotway uses the JST-XH standard for most of their motherboard plugs.

I ordered the plugs at the following link last year for my experiments and mods and they've worked perfectly for me!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019K3P3O0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just one thing to keep in mind though if you use these plugs for any other mods... For a simple switch like the motor cut-off or the power button, the polarity (wire color) doesn't matter and you can just plug one of these in and it works great. But for the ports that provide power or control lights or anything, you need to be aware that Gotway apparently uses connectors with reversed polarity on SOME (not all for some weird reason) of the ports, so check the original wire's polarity before hooking your mod up to it!

Edited by Arbolest
grammar...
  • Like 1

Oh yeah, also, be aware that while those connector pigtails are relatively long compared to most you can find on Amazon, you will probably still need to extend them to reach wherever you're installing the cutoff button...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Arbolest said:

Oh yeah, also, be aware that while those connector pigtails are relatively long compared to most you can find on Amazon, you will probably still need to extend them to reach wherever you're installing the cutoff button...

Thanks arbolest, I am only planning the kill switch now but I'm open to doing anything. I was thinking about trying to add a Bluetooth speaker but I doubt I'd ever use it

• Like 1