Your Coronavirus projects.

LanghamP

Since almost everyone has been sent home and most businesses are closed, what projects are you now doing?

Personally, I'm rotating between my violin, my piano, my guitar, and my ukulele. I'll do 10-20 minute lessons, switch to the next instrument, and so forth.

Back to writing: the second novel, NETHERWORLD, in the Pride's Children trilogy. Mainstream. Now that we're in lockdown at our community, I have no excuse not to write. Finished a scene today.

The news it depressingly similar every day - too high a diet in bs to be sustainable.

Plan on playing the guitar and singing on the balcony.

• Like 1

I'v already fixed the garage roof, serviced most of the motorcycles, cut a drainage channel for the garage and have just finished servicing the bicycles. Thinking of taking out the windows at the rear of the house and replacing all the hinges as they've been bad for a few years now. My main hobby is programming old style arcade games so all this has allowed me to finish off one or two. Reading (a lot). Trying to set up an outdoor gym and other amenities on the local park. Thought about taking up piano but the rest of the family voted me down on that one.

The time has given me no excuse not to get back into my online Scotts Bass Lessons membership and get the Steinberg XT2 back out.

The Mrs also has me pulling down my rickety old shed and then sort a base for a shiny new bigger shed.

Theres 101 jobs on the house the Mrs has earmarked me for though :(

I've been cleaning out the garage with soap, simple green, a powerwasher, and a scrub. I am not happy with the amount of mouse poop I have found. It took over four hours to just do 1/3 of the garage.

If something is older than six months and hasn't been used, I pitch it with few exceptions.

Polishing up on audio mixing skills, trying to learn about video editing, riding the euc more and avoiding the honey -do list. Maybe I'll even bang on some drums and power up the old synth. Guitar needs strings... the list can keep me busy until warm weather. Who knows what mayhem will ensue once its too nice out to avoid it. oh and of course... trying to get eucw to work reliably on my lemfo :)

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, esaj said:

and after swapping the board and correcting the values through the service menus (you need a special "service remote" to even access it, which I didn't have, but again luckily the IR NEC -codes are available online, and all it took was an Arduino and an IR-led + few other components to build my own) and exiting the service mode it's now working again.

:thumbup: :cheers: Congrats! Add TV repair guy to your long resume. ;)

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, LanghamP said:

I'm painting my house. It is dreadfully boring, yet surprisingly dangerous.

It's all relative. Last year I had just finished a beginner bee keeping course when the local park asked if I could remove a large swarm from the top of an ancient tree in their yard. The only ladder we had was one of those extendable ladders that bends and creaks horribly when it's at max extension. The ladder was fairly tall but unfortunately the bees were higher which meant I'd need to stand on the last couple of rungs to reach them. Worryingly the ladder only just touched the final branch. I also couldn't hold on to anything as I was clutching a box in one hand and would be using my other hand to try and push the swarm into the box. There was a definite difference between reading how to do it in a book and being there. There was a bunch of people watching, all videoing what looked like it could easily become a youtube classic. They seemed a bit disappointed when it all went OK. Fortunately I was sent a photo - the top of the swarm is about 2 feet above my head and I was just building up my courage before going up the final few runs of the ladder.swarm_ladder.thumb.jpg.78a86c46d463f05fdb48f7f9571e21a4.jpg 

• Like 2