Corona virus allowed me to ride again

SanDiegoGuy

It's strange times we're living in but, here in the UK, you could probably get stopped by the police for riding your EUC for "pleasure". We're allowed out if we're going to work (that's assuming you're classed as an essential worker) or if shopping for essential food or once per day to do daily exercise. I'm not sure how an EUC ride in the forest would fit in :)  It's obviously more relaxed in Finland (and I'm guessing the US) but it's far more stringent in Spain, Italy and China. I did try setting up a very tight circuit in my small garden but I got thrown on the downhill section into a bush - fortunately the wife was asleep.  

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2020 at 11:13 AM, SanDiegoGuy said:

It has been a long time since I rode my Z10 and mten3 EUC.   They have been in my garage for many months without being turned on and the battery of both units were completely drained.  I then recharged them and took them for a spin and wow.... that fun feeling is back again

Since I am off work temporarily due to Covid-19, it it time to brush up on my riding skill and ride around my neighborhood since there is closure of beaches and parks in San Diego. 

I totally agree. I’ve been riding my one wheel a lot seeing I have the time and now I’m buying a EUC. falling back in love with these PEV’S 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 11:37 AM, mike_bike_kite said:

It's strange times we're living in but, here in the UK, you could probably get stopped by the police for riding your EUC for "pleasure". 

Ride with a backpack. If they stop you, say you're going to the market. It doesn't have to be the closest one to your home.

• Like 2

I always ride with a backpack anyway. I keep my seat, water, and a Leatherman in it. The other day I rode over some almost invisible net that got wrapped around my axle so tight it through me off. I didn't carry a knife then. My hands were all cut up trying to pull the net out.

It's weird that the net was stretched across the path at a point where it was in the shadows. Almost like it was a trap! Am I getting paranoid?

Invisible Net https://imgur.com/gallery/W1RFD0S