Best budget wheel?

Hi guys, hope you are all doing great and youre staying safe from the pandemic!

This is definitely not the best time for buying an EUC for me, cause of the USD or EUR exchange rate being so damn high right now...
But anyway, in the near future, I plan buying myself a wheel. I have already had a V5F, an 18L, an 18XL, but I had to sell them all while I was in need.
Now, I am thinking of buying something cheap, for commuting to work or school and back. I would like to have max speed at least 31mph, I am just used to cruise at high speeds all the time... I was thinking about Tesla, but I am scared of the range being too low for me. I need at least 40km range for a range with cruising 30mph most time.

Do you got any tips? Any experience with high avg speed Tesla range?
Also I have just found an upgraded Tesla to 1480wh battery on Ali, I guess that is my dream wheel now.... Is there someone who has already bought it?

Thank you guys, have a great day and stay safe!

1 minute ago, rolekl said:

People are talking about a 1480Wh Tesla available on Ali somewhere. I think the original Tesla 2 is the bargain of the day to be honest but 40km range doing 30mph.....?

but would the Tesla 2 be able to do 40km while cruising 50km/h with me? :/

Just now, rolekl said:

Unless you're 40kgs or something, probably not. But I'll leave the final say to someone who has one.

I was really tempted by the Tesla but ended up getting a Nikola just because of range anxiety...

the range anxiety is my biggest fear..

2 minutes ago, Meserias said:

Tesla V2 1480 Wh / nothing (in my opinion) beats this on your requirement

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33003943158.html

yeah, this is what I am talking about, but the batteries could be cheap and not connected corectly, there may be getting something to much voltage or something and I dont really wanna end faceplanted in 55km/h u know

But I really like this idea of extending Tesla's range.

ricqvo: could be but nothing proved yet....
I have asked in few places about details about this wheel but nothing yet come across

looking on reviews there is one buyer from Romania as I see but I could not tell who is ....
I try to see maybe I can find out more details.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ricqvo said:

Ive had my 18XL riding 31mph all the time...

Would you buy the 18XL again or would you buy a faster wheel?
Could you get 40km range at 30 mph most of the time?

We have a 57kg rider who gets her Tesla to beep at 48 kmh. I can't imagine her cruising that way for 40km.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Would you buy the 18XL again or would you buy a faster wheel?
Could you get 40km range at 30 mph most of the time?

We have a 57kg rider who gets her Tesla to beep at 48 kmh. I can't imagine her cruising that way for 40km.

I really liked the 18XL, I was getting 55-60km on avarage. But now I wanna try something a bit faster and I really wanna try somehing not Kingsongish:)

2 minutes ago, ricqvo said:

I really liked the 18XL, I was getting 55-60km on avarage. But now I wanna try something a bit faster and I really wanna try somehing not Kingsongish:)

Yeah I totally get you. I have the 16X and an MSX and they are very different from each other. I bought them for that reason so that I could have a totally different wheel.

The Nikola rides very similar to the MSX but both 100v wheels are expensive.
Going for a ride in the city with my friends I was on the 16X and they blew past me at 55 kmh.
I died inside a few times haha. I might be able to keep up on the MSX (84v) but I really don't like it when the wheel beeps.

The Tesla with the 1480Wh is an aftermarket modification which has been discussed in another thread but still no reviews.
On the other hand it is from Loomo and they make the MSX 100v 2200Wh and Monster 100V 3108Wh that a few of the NYC riders are using.

Cheap <-> Fast <-> Range
You can only choose two. :roflmao:

The fastest I have tried is 59.5 kmh on the Nikola 100v. It didn't even beep at me and that was after a 30km cruise.

If you only had one year left to live and could only buy one wheel which wheel would you buy?
I would buy the 100v MSX with 2200Wh or Monster 100v 3108Wh or Nikola+ with 2664Wh.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Yeah I totally get you. I have the 16X and an MSX and they are very different from each other. I bought them for that reason so that I could have a totally different wheel.

The Nikola rides very similar to the MSX but both 100v wheels are expensive.
Going for a ride in the city with my friends I was on the 16X and they blew past me at 55 kmh.
I died inside a few times haha. I might be able to keep up on the MSX (84v) but I really don't like it when the wheel beeps.

The Tesla with the 1480Wh is an aftermarket modification which has been discussed in another thread but still no reviews.
On the other hand it is from Loomo and they make the MSX 100v 2200Wh and Monster 100V 3108Wh that a few of the NYC riders are using.

Cheap <-> Fast <-> Range
You can only choose two. :roflmao:

The fastest I have tried is 59.5 kmh on the Nikola 100v. It didn't even beep at me and that was after a 30km cruise.

If you only had one year left to live and could only buy one wheel which wheel would you buy?
I would buy the 100v MSX with 2200Wh or Monster 100v 3108Wh or Nikola+ with 2664Wh.

I would definitely buy the Nikola+ with the biggest battery out there. Monster is not a wheel for me.

Now I have to decide if I wanna try the non original Tesla with the 1480Wh battery pack, or just buy regular Tesla, or safe more money for the MSX 1600wh or MSX 100V 1230Wh, I dont really know :(

Just now, ricqvo said:

I would definitely buy the Nikola+ with the biggest battery out there. Monster is not a wheel for me.

Now I have to decide if I wanna try the non original Tesla with the 1480Wh battery pack, or just buy regular Tesla, or safe more money for the MSX 1600wh or MSX 100V 1230Wh, I dont really know :(

I agree about the Monster. I am a small guy. 163cm and weigh 63kg.
I like smaller feeling wheels.

The Tesla with the 1480Wh is definitely tempting. It was a bit cheaper 2 weeks ago though by around 100 dollars. Ali changes their prices all the time.
Still.. it's a good price.

A cheap 84v MSX doesn't cost much more though.

https://www.chicway.shop/2019-newest-gotway-msuper-x-19inch-electric-unicycleself-balancing-scooter-one-wheel-1600wh-2000wnewest-motherboardhigh-power_p0295.html

My friend Simon has been riding his 18XL since July. Lately he has tried the MSX a bit more and he really likes it.
He likes that he can push it a bit more and not get tiltback or "PLEASE DECELERATE".
Just some nice quiet beeps at 55kmh. :whistling:

Riding at 60kmh+ would be quite an experience though.

1 hour ago, ricqvo said:

I was worried that it would not be the best sollution to go with the non-original battery pack...

There are on the market companies that make more quality battery packs then Gotway. 

Gotway make many variants of each wheel. For example you can buy 8 configurations of the Nicola. So 650Wh or 800Wh thats variants made by Gotway.

http://www.kebye.com/productinfo/371591.html

12 minutes ago, Rafal said:

There are on the market companies that make more quality battery packs then Gotway. 

Gotway make many variants of each wheel. For example you can buy 8 configurations of the Nicola. So 650Wh or 800Wh thats variants made by Gotway.

http://www.kebye.com/productinfo/371591.html

is there really someone buying a 650wh 2kw wheel lol?

• Like 3

On 3/25/2020 at 6:20 AM, ricqvo said:

is there really someone buying a 650wh 2kw wheel lol?

I have thought about it.  There are those of us that don't go far, enjoying riding, therefore don't need the massive batteries or weight.

Edited by xorbe

44 minutes ago, ricqvo said:

do they buy a saperate battery pack or?

Some people move their packs from their old wheel to their new wheel. It can be a good and cheap(er) way to always have a current wheel model (probably selling with batteries and buying a new wheel altogether is still better, but who knows).

As for the 650Wh (or 800Wh) big Gotways, that's simply with one instead of two battery packs. So you can live with it or put in a second battery pack later. EUCs unfortunately are expensive, especially for non Euro/NA countries. But there's a reason these smaller wheels aren't really sold here, who wants a super wheel with a small battery if they can afford two packs (cheaper than to buy later). Even Gotway no longer lists these small batteries as official models. But I guess some sellers can still request them.

Btw. you shouldn't mix a 650Wh and 80Wh battery. Different cell capacities (2900mAh vs. 3450mAh). I believe you're not supposed to mix cell types like this if it can be avoided.

A cheap (everything is relative;)) 84V MSX or Nikola seem good options for you. If you're already worried about range and speed now, I don't think the Tesla 1020Wh will make you happy (and I don't think it will do 40km at 50kph). The 1480Wh Tesla won't be faster, too, so you have to know what the form factor is worth to you (it is a fantastic "smaller" wheel with great range if that's what you need).

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Some people move their packs from their old wheel to their new wheel. It can be a good and cheap(er) way to always have a current wheel model (probably selling with batteries and buying a new wheel altogether is still better, but who knows).

As for the 650Wh (or 800Wh) big Gotways, that's simply with one instead of two battery packs. So you can live with it or put in a second battery pack later. EUCs unfortunately are expensive, especially for non Euro/NA countries. But there's a reason these smaller wheels aren't really sold here, who wants a super wheel with a small battery if they can afford two packs (cheaper than to buy later). Even Gotway no longer lists these small batteries as official models. But I guess some sellers can still request them.

Btw. you shouldn't mix a 650Wh and 80Wh battery. Different cell capacities (2900mAh vs. 3450mAh). I believe you're not supposed to mix cell types like this if it can be avoided.

A cheap (everything is relative;)) 84V MSX or Nikola seem good options for you. If you're already worried about range and speed now, I don't think the Tesla 1020Wh will make you happy (and I don't think it will do 40km at 50kph). The 1480Wh Tesla won't be faster, too, so you have to know what the form factor is worth to you (it is a fantastic "smaller" wheel with great range if that's what you need).

Thanks for the reply! That 1480Wh Tesla would solve my range anxiety at least a for a bit I guess... Maybe it will be better to save more money and buy the 84V MSX or Nikola, or maybe the 100V 1230Wh MSX...