Mten3 arriving today! Any tips?

Chad

my vids are in my signature link. Have you tackled "the video thread" much? Theres so much great stuff in there, MUCH better than mine. Longer ride begins with mten   is my most recent. These boring longer vids I kinda like. Again, MUCH better stuff to be had, but i do offer the newbie perspective in both film and riding. :)

Edited by ShanesPlanet

Third day practicing with my Mten3 is complete. Yesterday I could only turn well to my left. Today I was able to learn sharp turns both directions and rode down my neighborhood for the first time. I have no other experience with EUCs but this little one is easy to control at really slow speeds unlike what I have heard about the larger ones. 

I also rode in my yard, which was a lot of fun. Unfortunately I fell and my Mten3 went into a muddy ditch. It cleaned off easily at least. Poor guy looks like he has been thrown out of a moving vehicle. 

Does anyone have tips for learning to ride backwards? Marty makes it look so easy. 

• Like 1

lower tire pressure, dedicate to it, lean back like in a chair when you come to a stop and dont look down. Make sure you stop evenly. Itll come to you very quickly.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

The mten3 actually assisted me greatly in initially learning how to ride an EUC. In fact if it wasn't for the mten3 I would not be riding an EUC today.  

I started with a KS14S as my first wheel to learn on. I purchased both the KS and the mten3 same time but the mten3 arrived later.  I could not ride that 14-inch wheel at all and after 3 weeks of getting beat up I had all but given up on trying to ride an EUC.

My results are probably not typical.  I found that from the first time that I stepped on the mten3  that it was immediately easy and I could ride as if I have been riding for months.  Maneuverability of that little wheel is phenomenal.

On 3/26/2020 at 9:18 PM, Chad said:

Third day practicing with my Mten3 is complete. Yesterday I could only turn well to my left. Today I was able to learn sharp turns both directions and rode down my neighborhood for the first time. I have no other experience with EUCs but this little one is easy to control at really slow speeds unlike what I have heard about the larger ones. 

I also rode in my yard, which was a lot of fun. Unfortunately I fell and my Mten3 went into a muddy ditch. It cleaned off easily at least. Poor guy looks like he has been thrown out of a moving vehicle. 

Does anyone have tips for learning to ride backwards? Marty makes it look so easy. 

This is what I found that immediately worked on the mten3 from the first time I stepped on it. 

I start and get rolling then I lock my legs from the waist down.  I hold my feet tight to the wheel.  Now I lean from the waist up for the direction I want to go.  Front, back, right and left.

5 hours ago, Senior Coffee said:

I think there is value in multiple EUCs for learning.  I started with the MTen3, everything fine 3 days of learning.  But I could NOT get the hang of my KS16X after weeks of trying.  So I got the MCM5, which was tricky in a different way yet, but I got it pretty quick.  When I went back to the 16X, suddenly I was fine.  Each one challenges balancing slightly differently.  The Tesla though, I rode off into the sunset the moment I stepped on it.

Edited by xorbe

On 3/24/2020 at 10:48 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

My advice... run like hell away from the mten when it goes bad. The mten is so low to the ground, it likes to fall over, pop up, spin around and never realize it should have stopped itself.

Well, it's made by Gotaway....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, xorbe said:

I think there is value in multiple EUCs for learning.  I started with the MTen3, everything fine 3 days of learning.  But I could NOT get the hang of my KS16X after weeks of trying.  So I got the MCM5, which was tricky in a different way yet, but I got it pretty quick.  When I went back to the 16X, suddenly I was fine.  Each one challenges balancing slightly differently.  The Tesla though, I rode off into the sunset the moment I stepped on it.

Wow, same here.  I started on a KS14S.  After 3 weeks I still couldn't ride the thing.  Got on the mten3 and after a couple minutes I was riding really good.  Also bought a Z10.  Was able to ride it really good within a day or two.  Sold the KS14S.