No Comply Method

gon2fast

There is a street skateboarding move that I have incorporated in my everyday riding to eliminate pedal damage due to my larger frame, the "no comply". Essentially it is taking a foot off of the board/wheel to be be able to pop the board/wheel over objects with one foot. I have incorporated a one footed  "NC" down and up curbs and such. Having snapped pedals off before this method seems much more sustainable and safer.

• Like 1

I'm having a hard time visualizing this. But if you only use one foot, don't you put even more force one the one pedal you are using with your full weight, and therefore risk it snapping off sooner?

What I sometimes do is flipping one pedal up while riding and lift my foot off, but that's usually just to go through a tight spot that isn't wide enough for both pedals. But not for curbs or obstacles.

The purpose of this technique is to lessen the impact of a curb drop/hop by letting the wheel roll off of/up the curb with minimal weight on it and then re-mounting with both feet once the drop/jump has been cleared. Sorry, having issues verbalizing this technique.  

I need to see this. Tell your wife we're begging, lmao. And thank her on behalf of the community. 

I did put some thought into the explanation and found a way to better explain the purpose of this method.

If I (at 250+lbs) roll off of a curb on a 45-50lb wheel that is a lot pressure on the pedals. 

No-Comply method shifts all weight off of the wheel to foot/leg that is planted/vaulting off of the ground. As the wheel is guided over the obstacle with the foot/leg still on the other pedal it lands without the weight of the rider. At this point both feet should return to the pedals without stressing the wheel with a drop/pop up with the weight of both the rider and the wheel.

Will still do a video!

I’m also waiting to see this. One thing to note though is that at no point is the weight of the wheel stressing, or on the pedals. If the wheel goes down a curb without a rider, the pedal attachment only needs to handle the weight of the pedals themselves.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Probably like Tawpie says. If so I also do that to get up or down medium curbs. It removes most if the weight on the motor axis, saving it stress. If I remember will try a video tomorrow.

On 3/18/2020 at 11:16 PM, gon2fast said:

Will still do a video!

Sorry. I had recently obtained a GoPro at the time and then realized I would rather focus on riding versus making videos. 

No Comply (skateboarding) - to remove the front/lead foot while using the rear foot to pop the board over an obstacle with little weight on the board

No Comply (EUC) - **FOR ME** to remove one foot while dropping down curbs to shift my weight to my leg and away from/off the wheel during the drop and landing. Once the wheel has landed off of the curb I re-mount with both feet. I guess it is more like a "boneless" as far as skate tricks when looking at the forward motion.