Kingsong 16X new firmware update... anyone used it yet?

Peters

2 hours ago, Peters said:

Kingsong app shows a new firmware update, I refused the update for now (Im scared) !

Anyone tested it with success?

What firmware are you on now and what the new version have you seen?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Peters said:

Shall i be guineapig and test it out? FEAR ! LOL.

Last Friday I got a new 16x and I noticed the update so I asked the shop about it and they clicked on the update but then they said they shouldn't have done it and called another dealer and they said the main board has to be replaced because the update messes something up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Peters said:

Shall i be guineapig and test it out? FEAR ! LOL.

Some users, who test wheels and are in close contact with distributors, have access to tools allowing them to roll back in case they have issues with the upgrade. I think they're the best candidates for testing new FW ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, soulfire said:

Last Friday I got a new 16x and I noticed the update so I asked the shop about it and they clicked on the update but then they said they shouldn't have done it and called another dealer and they said the main board has to be replaced because the update messes something up.

Sorry to hear that. I hope they cover the new board and that you won't be without your wheel for too long!

I wouldn't pin the error specifically on the new FW, this can happen with any firmware upgrade. Which is why it's good to be cautious with FW upgrades...

• 1 month later...

If anyone's interested, there's a thread dedicated to FW 2.02 if you'd like to share your impressions there.

Warning: the thread was created before public release, so there's a lot of speculation (which continued after release, of course) :efee612b4b:

If you're happy with the way the wheel is behaving, ignore the subjective conjecturing and ongoing pedal-stiffness debate and just enjoy your 16X :)

Anyone who wishes to roll back to a previous firmware should use EUC World on an Android phone, or Soft Tuner on an iPhone.  The latter is the internal KS app used by the manufacturer and by dealers to load firmware and do initial configuration of the wheel, and KS has made it available on the Apple app store because right now there is no official "regular" app available on iPhone.  Either EUC World or Soft Tuner lets you swap to whatever firmware version (appropriate to your wheel) is available, "upgrading" or "downgrading" at will.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, svenomous said:

Anyone who wishes to roll back to a previous firmware should use EUC World on an Android phone, or Soft Tuner on an iPhone.  The latter is the internal KS app used by the manufacturer and by dealers to load firmware and do initial configuration of the wheel, and KS has made it available on the Apple app store because right now there is no official "regular" app available on iPhone.  Either EUC World or Soft Tuner lets you swap to whatever firmware version (appropriate to your wheel) is available, "upgrading" or "downgrading" at will.

There's also softtuner for Android

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d1nzcv4apsvz3em/softtuner.apk?dl=0👍

7 hours ago, svenomous said:

Until yesterday I left my ks16x on 1.05, but since I see lots of users here who switch regulary from firmware, I was eager to test 2.02.

Afterwards I checked euc world and 1.05 is not in the list.

Sofftuner on android does have 1.05 as an option.

So for me and I think  a lot of users who had 1.05 before, sofftuner is the one to use.

Edited by Slashebeest

but on EUC world it doesn't show me the firmware section.

it tells me incompatible wheel. (16x)

Do I have to be a premium member?

Edited by alex5454

In eucworld use 2.02 to 1.07 to 1.05 is steps you canot jump 2.02 to 1.05. All is tested and work good luck. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Slashebeest said:

Until yesterday I left my ks16x on 1.05, but since I see lots of users here who switch regulary from firmware, I was eager to test 2.02.

Afterwards I checked euc world and 1.05 is not in the list.

Sofftuner on android does have 1.05 as an option.

So for me and I think  a lot of users who had 1.05 before, sofftuner is the one to use.

As @DjPanJan pointed out, in EUC World updates and downgrades have to be step by step:

2020-05-27-11-36-46-Greenshot.png

After you've downgraded to 1.07 it will offer you the 1.05 downgrade. The reason it doesn't just give you a list is because EUC World isn't meant to be a dev app like SoftTuner. But I can say that IMO, it's a much safer bet than SoftTuner... @Seba put a lot of work into making it failproof, and I can personally attest that it's rock solid

• Like 3