Inmotion V10F Pedal Grip Mod

V10F has nice big pedals -- but the grip is shit if they get wet. I found this mod somewhere else and decided to give it a go.  It is working great, maybe too good -- I use to be able to adjust me feet easily if I did not like my initial starting positions, mostly my left foot as I start with my right mounted.  But now they dont to move. I have to now lift my foot up more to adjust.   As with all changes it will take some time to acclimatize.

I have tested it at the bike/skate park where I do most of my aggressive turning which places the most twist pressure between the feet and pedals,  and the feet stay planted well.

I used a sharp pointy thingy to poke the initial holes from underneath - this allowed to get the proper spacing by just poking in the approx middle of honey cone shape. I used a black Sharpy marker to mark the hole on the top with the pointy thingy still in because the hole disappear once it is pulled out. Then I put each screw in getting each one tight but not so much as to strip the holes but still tight as possible. There should be some of the screw thread showing on the underside.  Once all the screws went in, hot glue was applied to them, hopefully preventing them from coming out when under twist pressure - this is the reason for some thread on the underside showing so the hot glue has something to grab -- the rubber is not very strong so something will be needed to hold them in. Hot glue is what I had on hand.

I have no idea how the screws will hold up over time.  I figure if I ride this winter the salt will rust them - time will tell!

After riding for a couple days now, the grip is so so much better than before and the screws so far holding tight.

IMG-20200314-124934-0-3.jpg

Screw.jpg

89721939-1510378455798236-89885205021002

89774187-1510378595798222-60038198325736

I cant feel the screws there under the shoes but I sure know they are  working.

Final-Screws.jpg

Without a solid stance and good grip the potential for an accident increases substantially. I hope this info can help others with this good wheel overcome this short coming.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I ordered these “threaded studs” and turned out pretty nice for cheap. Plus have enough to make like 4 sets of pedals or repair. 

https://a.aliexpress.com/_msLjld5

400 kms on them and only one stud fell off. 

one issue is my dominant foot is putting wear on the rubber. May need something to spread the force or a plate or reinforce the rubber. Only 2 are problematic. The feel of the pedal is many times better and can still stand barefoot without danger. 

7B4F431D-314E-4FCE-B8C1-E52E7664247B.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

That's GREAT! Never would have though of repurposing clothing decorations. Very clever.

It’s the same idea as using hardware but had a feeling there was “nuts and bolts” with a finished look. Without the OP post, I wouldn’t have imagined there is that kind of space under the rubber and how substantial it is. 

can also revert back easily by removing hardware, peeling off the grip tape and applying new grip tape.

Edited by Kekafuch

5 hours ago, Kekafuch said:

I ordered these “threaded studs” and turned out pretty nice for cheap. Plus have enough to make like 4 sets of pedals or repair. 

https://a.aliexpress.com/_msLjld5

400 kms on them and only one stud fell off. 

one issue is my dominant foot is putting wear on the rubber. May need something to spread the force or a plate or reinforce the rubber. Only 2 are problematic. The feel of the pedal is many times better and can still stand barefoot without danger. 

7B4F431D-314E-4FCE-B8C1-E52E7664247B.jpeg

Are you serious? You can stand on those barefoot? Consider me simply amazed!:shock2:

3 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Are you serious? You can stand on those barefoot? Consider me simply amazed!:shock2:

Like without pain or injury.  I only stood on them for a few moments Not riding. Definitely stood on more uncomfortable things. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...