Are all flat tires caused by nails or screws?

LanghamP

1 minute ago, Boogieman said:

Could it be a tube made for 1.75 fitted in a 2,125"?

That would make the tube stretch quite a bit. I recently purchased a 1.75 to 2.125 tube and compared with my original 2.125 for the Tesla and it was A LOT less wide = will expand more = will get thinner. Also weighed 125g vs original 180g. So my guess is to little rubber (allows better control but less puncture resistance)

im not too sure, but thats probably it actually.... every time the tube was super worn down so much so that there was actually a neat little pile of rubber shavings inside of the tire lol.... none of my replacement tubes went so perhaps that was it!

As an answer to the main topic - NO

My last flat was caused by

1. Mending a tube with a patch (snake bite - so medium sized patch - 2*5-10mm holes)

2. Keeping some slime in the tube for minis (poured out most of it though)

3. Riding 30km or so and getting a IMEDIATE NO WARNING BLOWOUT puncture (went really bad)

4. Reason being - the small amount of slime i left in the tyre devulked the patch and caused an instant blow out (Yeah, that didn't turn out well...at all).

LEARNING

NEVER MIX PATCHES WITH SLIME

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

im not too sure, but thats probably it actually.... every time the tube was super worn down so much so that there was actually a neat little pile of rubber shavings inside of the tire lol.... none of my replacement tubes went so perhaps that was it!

Go up one size in width (closest above) and be careful not to pinch the tube when mounting,
More rubber to swallow pin holes makes it more resistant than an overly stretched one.
I doubt the ride feeling of 50g would make any major difference,

1 minute ago, Boogieman said:

As an answer to the main topic - NO

My last flat was caused by

1. Mending a tube with a patch (snake bite - so medium sized patch - 2*5-10mm holes)

2. Keeping some slime in the tube for minis (poured out most of it though)

3. Riding 30km or so and getting a IMEDIATE NO WARNING BLOWOUT puncture (went really bad)

4. Reason being - the small amount of slime i left in the tyre devulked the patch and caused an instant blow out (Yeah, that didn't turn out well...at all).

LEARNING

NEVER MIX PATCHES WITH SLIME

agree, only time i ever had a blowout was on the 2400 monster, while going down hill... sitting down.. lmao. gave me quite the heart attack but it was no problem the tire is so huge you can literally ride it completely flat lol, getting that home on a hot summer day was awesome

Just now, Boogieman said:

Go up one size in width (closest above) and be careful not to pinch the tube when mounting,
More rubber to swallow pin holes makes it more resistant than an overly stretched one.
I doubt the ride feeling of 50g would make any major difference,

yea ive put in at least ten tubes, luckily none of the ones i put in have blown, i always use the same or one size up... and i doubt even 500 grams would be noticeable lol