King Song 18XL Inner Tube Options

EUC Addict

Is the Kenda 18X2.5 inner tube the only other option for my KS18XL? I see a brand on Amazon called Durader that has the same size; however the reviews are not good. Also, eWheels is the only place online that I've found that sells Kenda inner tubes for King Song. Any other companies?

• 2 weeks later...

@Neil Unbelievable, I wish I had known about this website prior to ordering my tube. I paid $39 from eWheel.com including a $17 shipping charge. This place sells the tire and shipping for about the same price as shipping from eWheels.

I’m sure there are numerous options to choose from if shopping globally, but the bent valve is usually oriented in a way that makes it unsuitable for most EUCs. The valve must point forward or at maximum 45 degrees to the side, but most seem to point 90 or thereabouts degrees to the side.

Don’t know which brands or shops to recommend though. I installed a ChaoYang tube in my MSX, and while the valve is bent less than the original, it’s still easily usable.

On 3/30/2020 at 8:17 AM, mrelwood said:

I’m sure there are numerous options to choose from if shopping globally, but the bent valve is usually oriented in a way that makes it unsuitable for most EUCs. The valve must point forward or at maximum 45 degrees to the side, but most seem to point 90 or thereabouts degrees to the side.

Don’t know which brands or shops to recommend though. I installed a ChaoYang tube in my MSX, and while the valve is bent less than the original, it’s still easily usable.

any chance you have a link or exact part number for this tube?

On 3/20/2020 at 2:53 PM, Neil said:

I just today ordered tubes from ElectricScooterParts.com: https://electricscooterparts.com/tires2.html#18x2.5

Let me know if it looks to fit, when you get it or install it. I'll order one or two if it does.  You're on the other side of the country from me, but let me know if it takes a long time to get it too?

https://www.multinationalparts.com/products/details/3056/pictures#2  

looks like it may fit. It shouldnt be too tough to find an 18" bicycle tube with 45degree valve. I would feel a shade abused if i paid $50 for a single cheapo tube. I may order one just to have a spare around. Electric scooter parts has em for $10, bent at a 90 degree. It aint like you cant turn a 90 into less, with a little hammer action. https://electricscooterparts.com/tubes.html     

I ordered the tubes on a Friday morning, received a shipping noticed on Monday and received them via USPS on Thursday.  Eyeballing the bend, it looks to be about 60°.  I haven't installed them on my KS 18XL but, with my limited experience and knowledge, it looks like it'll fit.

My KS 18XL developed a flat around 120 miles.  This is my first EUC.  I took my EUC apart and all was well but I was stymied by the waterproof caulking King Song put around the motor wires.  I really didn't want to dig into the center hole with an xacto blade and cut out the caulk.  That's when I tried Slime tire sealant and it sealed the puncture (at least for now).  Hopefully when I next have to deal with this, I'll have more confidence in messing around with the internals of my EUC.

Images of the waterproofing caulk and of the tube.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Neil said:

I ordered the tubes on a Friday morning, received a shipping noticed on Monday and received them via USPS on Thursday.  Eyeballing the bend, it looks to be about 60°.  I haven't installed them on my KS 18XL but, with my limited experience and knowledge, it looks like it'll fit.

My KS 18XL developed a flat around 120 miles.  This is my first EUC.  I took my EUC apart and all was well but I was stymied by the waterproof caulking King Song put around the motor wires.  I really didn't want to dig into the center hole with an xacto blade and cut out the caulk.  That's when I tried Slime tire sealant and it sealed the puncture (at least for now).  Hopefully when I next have to deal with this, I'll have more confidence in messing around with the internals of my EUC.

Images of the waterproofing caulk and of the tube.

Thats what I needed to see/hear, thank you very much! I've a few miles (200 or so) on mine but no flats yet, but I'll order a pair of tubes just in case. CUtting thru the goop can be nerve racking, but hopefully its looks worse than it is.  I'd gladly cut thru goop, rather than worry about waterproofing/abrasion tho. The valve angle looks right. At any rate, its probably close and can be bent a little if needed.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

When I ordered the tubes, I also ordered a replacement tire.  I looked around a bunch at what else was available and decided to stick with the exact same tire provided by King Song.  To keep shipping costs down, I ended up buying three.  I own property outside of Brevard and was going to spend the summer there but now, with the virus, who knows.  If I do make it out there, I'll hit you up and you can have one of the tires.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

When I ordered the tubes, I also ordered a replacement tire.  I looked around a bunch at what else was available and decided to stick with the exact same tire provided by King Song.  To keep shipping costs down, I ended up buying three.  I own property outside of Brevard and was going to spend the summer there but now, with the virus, who knows.  If I do make it out there, I'll hit you up and you can have one of the tires.

Awesome and thanks! Brevard aint too far from here. I too order lots of stuff to help it make sense with shipping. Of course in the end, i end up with more than i really needed, so its flawed logic. I like having tubes on hand for all my toys, as punctures arent too uncommon, and who wants their day ruined by a simple $20 issue. My next adventure is to waste a ton of money on finding offroad tires for the mten. I imagine I'll end up with lotsa practice swapping tires and NOTHING fitting. Maybe well trade a useful 18 for a useless 10". :)