MSX Roll.NZ Bodyguard - First Impressions

FlyboyEUC

Really nice bodyguard. The rear light cut-out should be just one big hole, I think. Maybe supported by a piece of plastic to keep the shape, if necessary.

Wheel looks great with the cover. Your logo mudguard looks great, too.

Why are you saying "roll dot enn zed" instead of "enn zee"? Are you British? Do Americans use both variants? Is it because the New Zealanders say "zed" and you're adapting that? Just wondering:)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The rear light cut-out should be just one big hole, I think. Maybe supported by a piece of plastic to keep the shape, if necessary.

I mentioned the big hole also, I didn't think of the piece of plastic though. I will say that the fabric stretches a lot so maybe that's why the plastic "window" or film idea may not have worked.

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Why are you saying "roll dot enn zed" instead of "enn zee"? Are you British? Do Americans use both variants? Is it because the New Zealanders say "zed" and you're adapting that? Just wondering:)

I'm just adapting it. Much like fish 'n chips, products foreign to America (in my opinion) should be called/named/pronounced by the country that made the product. Americans don't call "fish 'n chips", "fish 'n french fries". 

After writing the above, I thought of how this ideology didn't quite work with car brands. Americans definitely pronounce those different Europeans, but I'll chalk that up to ignorance. Anyone who appreciates European cars probably pronounces them like Europeans.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Really nice bodyguard. The rear light cut-out should be just one big hole, I think. Maybe supported by a piece of plastic to keep the shape, if necessary.

Wheel looks great with the cover. Your logo mudguard looks great, too.

Yeah, I refuse to say "zed" instead of "zee". I'm an American and we say "zee". I'm also not going to start saying "al-loo-MIN-ee-um" instead of aluminum :D

• Like 2

I recently attached powerpads and kujipads to my bodyguard. I'll post more updates as the test of time continues but initial testing looks promising. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/21/2020 at 11:54 PM, FlyboyEUC said:

I recently attached powerpads and kujipads to my bodyguard. I'll post more updates as the test of time continues but initial testing looks promising. 

Hey FlyboyEUC - how's the velcro holding up over time?  I'm thinking of adding power-ads to my MSX over a Bodyguard (I'm guessing they won't fit under the bodyguard).  Hoping this is still working out okay for you and this will work for me.

On 3/31/2021 at 7:12 AM, jdrichardson13 said:

Hey FlyboyEUC - how's the velcro holding up over time?  I'm thinking of adding power-ads to my MSX over a Bodyguard (I'm guessing they won't fit under the bodyguard).  Hoping this is still working out okay for you and this will work for me.

After 4000 miles, a high speed crash, and many many drops. The velcro is still holding very well. It's lasting longer than my pads. I need to replace the pads so I'll be making an update video in the coming weeks.

Please note that I attached the pads to the cover first thing before any dirt got on the cover. Follow me on instagram (same username) to see the current state. I'll post pictures soon.

• Like 1