WTB: First 10"-16" Wheel (NSW - Australia) 1.5K-ish Budget

Hey fellow EUC riders,

Looking for my first wheel; I have my eye on the following but would consider others;

• Mten3
  • MCM5
  • V8

Would only use the wheel on short 1.5KM bursts to and from public transport on my morning commute. At least that's the idea, I have a feeling this will escalate quickly into another hobby :P

Any wheel considered assuming it is somewhat bus/train friendly, would also consider shipping to Sydney.

Cheers,

-Rad

• Like 1

I could, but;

Just because I have the budget doesn't mean I have to spend all my money on a new wheel and, I'm more than likely to drop it multiple times in the process of learning etc

It just seems like a bit of a waste :/

I'm hoping that someone might be parting with their pre-loved wheel before sinking more on a 'bigger' one, best of both.

Also, had the pleasure to chat with Stephen @E-RIDERZ and would have no issues with getting one from him. That might end up happening anyway.

Seems like he doesn't have the 2020 Mten3 (extra button?) or the V8F yet. If buying new I'd probably aim for those.

-R

• Like 1

Hi Rad,

I have a used V8 that has just over 1000km on it has few marks but nothing major still rides like new and almost looks new.

I also have a Z10 with just over 400km on it probably a bit too heavy for what you want it for but one of the coolest looking wheels made so far.

I'm in Sydney also since you have done a bit of research already if you are interested in any of the above 2 wheels make me an offer otherwise good luck in your future purchase and welcome to the world of EUC's.

9 hours ago, Goodman said:

Hi Rad,

I have a used V8 that has just over 1000km on it has few marks but nothing major still rides like new and almost looks new.

I also have a Z10 with just over 400km on it probably a bit too heavy for what you want it for but one of the coolest looking wheels made so far.

I'm in Sydney also since you have done a bit of research already if you are interested in any of the above 2 wheels make me an offer otherwise good luck in your future purchase and welcome to the world of EUC's.

Awesome! Sending a PM now

4 hours ago, Bertrand One said:

What kind of price range are you looking at for the V8?

Hey Hey! Not trying to poach my wheel are ya?!? :V

22 minutes ago, fearme said:

Awesome! Sending a PM now

Hey Hey! Not trying to poach my wheel are ya?!? :V

Hahaha. I just picked up my first wheel a few weeks ago. It's not quite time for me to add a second yet. I'm curious about the price of secondhand V8s in Australia though.

47 minutes ago, Bertrand One said:

Hahaha. I just picked up my first wheel a few weeks ago. It's not quite time for me to add a second yet. I'm curious about the price of secondhand V8s in Australia though.

Ha! Fair enough.

I guess we’ll see, based on my somewhat limited time searching it’s obviously a bit of a niche market.

I’m guessing things will improve somewhat if these things ever become legal. I think I read something about an e-scooter trial in Manly which is a move in the right direction.

You got a Z10 right? How’s that treating you?

On 3/9/2020 at 12:13 PM, fearme said:

I could, but;

Just because I have the budget doesn't mean I have to spend all my money on a new wheel and, I'm more than likely to drop it multiple times in the process of learning etc

It just seems like a bit of a waste :/

I'm hoping that someone might be parting with their pre-loved wheel before sinking more on a 'bigger' one, best of both.

Also, had the pleasure to chat with Stephen @E-RIDERZ and would have no issues with getting one from him. That might end up happening anyway.

Seems like he doesn't have the 2020 Mten3 (extra button?) or the V8F yet. If buying new I'd probably aim for those.

-R

Hi mate, just to keep you informed, the Mten3 stock we have does have the cut out button.

The Inmotion V8F is incoming, but the production run was delayed and delayed so we will have some in stock as soon as they come out of production!

Regarding discussions on second hand wheels, we have access to such models like secondhand V8 and KS16S from our existing riders that are looking to or have already upgraded to other ewheels. We can put you in touch with the right owners if you are interested in the pricing they have to offer.

All the best,

Steve

18 minutes ago, E-RIDERZ said:

Hi mate, just to keep you informed, the Mten3 stock we have does have the cut out button.

The Inmotion V8F is incoming, but the production run was delayed and delayed so we will have some in stock as soon as they come out of production!

Regarding discussions on second hand wheels, we have access to such models like secondhand V8 and KS16S from our existing riders that are looking to or have already upgraded to other ewheels. We can put you in touch with the right owners if you are interested in the pricing they have to offer.

All the best,

Steve

Hey Steve,

Interesting development that's for sure.

Regarding the Mten3, your site still has the '2019 Model' listed in the description and the product pic doesn't appear to have the button either. Probably where I got slightly confused, the item is also listed as 'available for backorder' :|

In any case, I'd love to hear from those owners for sure. Always nice to have some options. 

I don't know why but I keep going back to the Mten3, something about it just seems so right but without jumping on one hard to tell if it will fit my commute.

54 minutes ago, fearme said:

You got a Z10 right? How’s that treating you?

The Z10 is great and I love taking it off road, but it's hardly portable. I think my next one will probably be the Mten3 from E-Riderz.

I'm also interested in the secondhand prices if you don't mind, Steve.

Just now, Bertrand One said:

The Z10 is great and I love taking it off road, but it's hardly portable. I think my next one will probably be the Mten3 from E-Riderz.

I'm also interested in the secondhand prices if you don't mind, Steve.

We're on fire here!

Steve should just add a 2nd hand section to his site ... I'll take my 10% commission for the idea now thanks :V

I think the Mten just makes a lot of sense, especially just commuting around the CBD. I have no frame of reference but a 10" wheel can't be that bad right?

11 minutes ago, fearme said:

Hey Steve,

Interesting development that's for sure.

Regarding the Mten3, your site still has the '2019 Model' listed in the description and the product pic doesn't appear to have the button either. Probably where I got slightly confused, the item is also listed as 'available for backorder' :|

In any case, I'd love to hear from those owners for sure. Always nice to have some options. 

I don't know why but I keep going back to the Mten3, something about it just seems so right but without jumping on one hard to tell if it will fit my commute.

Hi mate, The stock was from end of 2019 when the button was added. And the pictures on the website aren't from the latest design cause we didn't have any updated ones at the time.  I'll get the changes added and more content on there to make it obvious!  :)

We have ordered in more stock of Mten3 cause we just sold out of our local stock and now only have a demo onhand.  They are a fun little ride for sure!  I will have new stock onhand again within a week or so. Check back again soon.

Shoot me an email at info@e-riderz.com.au, and I'll update you on current second hand models that our riders have available.

Also, I have been planning to add a section on our website to offer our riders second hand models.  But the stock is not in our possession and we can't directly facilitate payment/delivery for those units. So at this stage, we just do it as a favour for our riders and for others looking for second hand units.

Thanks, Steve

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, E-RIDERZ said:

Hi mate, The stock was from end of 2019 when the button was added. And the pictures on the website aren't from the latest design cause we didn't have any updated ones at the time.  I'll get the changes added and more content on there to make it obvious!  :)

We have ordered in more stock of Mten3 cause we just sold out of our local stock and now only have a demo onhand.  They are a fun little ride for sure!  I will have new stock onhand again within a week or so. Check back again soon.

Shoot me an email at info@e-riderz.com.au, and I'll update you on current second hand models that our riders have available.

Also, I have been planning to add a section on our website to offer our riders second hand models.  But the stock is not in our possession and we can't directly facilitate payment/delivery for those units. So at this stage, we just do it as a favour for our riders and for others looking for second hand units.

Thanks, Steve

Thanks Steve, I'll be sure to keep an eye on the site.

In the meantime I've sent you a quick email about the 2nd stuff. Keen to explore the option from @Goodman as well.

• Like 1

Quick update;

Thanks to @Goodman I am now an owner of a V8.

Special thanks to @E-RIDERZ for taking the time to answer all my queries. I'm still interested in the Mten3 btw :V

Took out the V8 tonight after grabbing it from @Goodman, determined to get going I took it to a local oval. Needless to say the wheel behaves exactly how I pictured it would.

Wet grass and almost next to no light but managed to get going in just under 20 minutes, doing laps around the oval, practising mounting/dismounting and braking.

Few more sessions and I should be able to take in on the first work commute.

P.S. I see what you meant about the speed warning, doesn't take a lot to get there :whistling: 

• Like 3