3D printing Black Crow euc stand

RockyTop

13 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

My work has had me suck in a remote location locked up staring at a computer screen.  In my work down time ,I have been playing around with 3D rendering programs and thought I would work on a new style EUC stand. The existing stands are good enough. I just wanted something that would fit my make and model wheel better. After a few prototypes this is what I came up with. It actually works better than I thought it would.  After making stands for family and friends It felt wrong to stop there so I put a few stands on eBay to see how they would do. I named it the "Black Crow euc stand"

I have had 3D printers for a year now. At first I was looking for things to print. Then after a few weeks my one printer ran 24 -7 for a several month straight. I don't think that it would be worth heaving a 3D printer unless you are whiling to learn a 3D rendering program. Sure you can print things that you see on Thingiverse. The problem is that they never quite have what I want so I end up designing my own version. The hobby requires time and patients. It also takes a new way of thinking. Most people don't walk around thinking, I could print a part for that or Why buy one of those when I can design and print my own? I think of 3D rendering and printing like a productive video game. Now I have 4 printers................ and I think that I might need another one. 

( Raywokast- my daughter loves the MSv3+ ...... The handle padding fell off :crying:)

That's the sturdiest stand I've seen to date! Very impressive! :cheers:

And no bolts, just one piece, right? :thumbup:

I'd love to see some pictures! And to ave something like that for the ol' 18XL! And the 16X! Can't seem to find any decent 16X stands that ship to Europe...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, travsformation said:

That's the sturdiest stand I've seen to date! Very impressive! :cheers:

And no bolts, just one piece, right? :thumbup:

I'd love to see some pictures! And to ave something like that for the ol' 18XL! And the 16X! Can't seem to find any decent 16X stands that ship to Europe...

Thanks!:efeec46606: :D

The stand is one piece. The charger holder is a second piece with two screws. Many people don’t use the slow chargers so you can take or leave the charger holder. 
eBay has a new service for shipping. If someone buys from out of country the seller ships it to eBay and eBay ships it  all over the world. I have no idea how much they charge the customer. 
I made a stand for the 16X. I am still surprised how wide the 16X is. 
Before making these stands. I sold my MSX to buy a new MSX 1845wh model then heard about a new 20 inch GotWay model coming out soon. So I don’t have he numbers to make a MSX stand yet. 

• Like 1

Completely off-topic, @RockyTop, you gave my 1000th like...if you hurry up and no one beats you to it, you can give me my 2000th too...

2020-03-08-20-37-04-THE-VIDEO-THREAD-Page-594-Videos-Electric-Unicycle-Forum-euc-community.png

Then we'll be "electricunicycle.org besties forever", or whatever kids are calling such things today :roflmao:

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, travsformation said:

Completely off-topic, @RockyTop, you gave my 1000th like...if you hurry up and no one beats you to it, you can give me my 2000th too...

Then we'll be "electricunicycle.org besties forever", or whatever kids are calling such things today :roflmao:

@null beat you to it!

2020-03-08-22-14-59-Be-Careful-Out-There

Thanks null ! :wub::efee612b4b:

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got some unsolicited recognition!! :cheers:  The following video was not requested by me.    

Back in 2007-2009 my daughters and I made flute stands as a way for my  daughters to make some money with their busy high school band schedules.  The stands were hand crafted from red oak. The stand was designed to fold up and contain the posts that held a combination of flutes and or piccolos. It was rewarding to get feedback from musicians from all over the world. :rolleyes: ..............  Musicians are much more refined than you guys! :angry: ........:roflmao:  Just Kidding!!  .... 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 9:39 PM, RockyTop said:

@travsformation  Your count was at 2,000 just over two months ago and now you have passed 3,000 :shock2: !!!  Look out @Marty Backe there is a new super poster in town. 
Thanks to both of you for helping so many people out!

Thanks for the recognition, but it's the lockdown who you should be thanking for all the extra time I've spent on the forum :efee612b4b:

On 5/15/2020 at 9:39 PM, RockyTop said:

Don’t forget about that other super poster with the color music laser one wheeled aerobic workout machine in his basement. You know the one that drove his truck into the lake and blamed his poor wife. .... The guy that bothered that poor ranger when he got lost in the park. You know the photo shop master !!
...........  ah well, his name will come to me later when I least expect it,  Like when I pick up my brother from Rehab 1 hour after posting .  Wait.!!!! ....... Never mind. I almost had it.

Smooth! :roflmao:

Yeah, I was hoping to get his approval about my recent Photoshopping, but he hasn't been active lately. Think I might PM him, see what the hell he's up to, his comic relief is missed lately!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RockyTop said:

I got some unsolicited recognition!! :cheers:  The following video was not requested by me. 

Great news! Well deserved too! Your stands are the nicest I've seen!

I had a few people from the Spanish EUC community ask me about them (I used one to calibrate my wheel on in the FW upgrade tutorial I did), so I took a few pics. While I was at it, I made a couple short video clips too, will post them, along with a review, sometime soon!

2 hours ago, RockyTop said:

Musicians are much more refined than you guys! :angry: ........:roflmao:  Just Kidding!!  .... 

:roflmao:

What about EUC-riding musicians? 

• Like 1

Thanks!! :efeec46606:  

29 minutes ago, travsformation said:

What about EUC-riding musicians? 

I thought about that just before I hit post.  I am sure that they are more refined than the average EUC rider.

I envy other cultures that make playing an instrument an important part of every day life.

Although, I don't think I would be a musician in any culture. I would be the absent minded tinker that would randomly say things like, " THE RODS ARE TOO LONG!" and then run off without an explanation. :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, travsformation said:

Yeah, I was hoping to get his approval about my recent Photoshopping, but he hasn't been active lately. Think I might PM him, see what the hell he's up to, his comic relief is missed lately!

I noticed your sudden Photoshop skills. I just figured that you have been holding back on us. :thumbup:

Now you have me concerned about Rehab 1. Hopefully, he is just taking a break. There are more important things than EUCs and social media. ...... What if his wife finally  started exploring this forum ?:shock2:    Things have certainly been crazy the last few months. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RockyTop said:

I am sure that they are more refined than the average EUC rider.

I wouldn't be so sure about that...

13 hours ago, RockyTop said:

I envy other cultures that make playing an instrument an important part of every day life.

Although, I don't think I would be a musician in any culture. I would be the absent minded tinker that would randomly say things like, " THE RODS ARE TOO LONG!" and then run off without an explanation. :D

hahahahahahaha that literally had me laughing out loud!:roflmao:

Yeah, I'd love to play an instrument too, but I'm pretty much tone-deaf and my sense of rhythm is atrocious. Which is why, in the absence of artistic expression (I hear it's very therapeutic) I also say random BS and then retreat back into my head. Seem to be a decent enough coping mechanism (for me; not too sure how the people around me feel about it, but those who know me have learned to ignore it) :efee612b4b:

3 hours ago, RockyTop said:

I noticed your sudden Photoshop skills. I just figured that you have been holding back on us. :thumbup:

Stage fright? Took me a bit to loosen up and hadn't touched Photoshop in a decade but...guess it just took the right motivation (which for me, tends to me anything absurd and non-productive) :D

3 hours ago, RockyTop said:

Now you have me concerned about Rehab 1. Hopefully, he is just taking a break. There are more important things than EUCs and social media. ...... What if his wife finally  started exploring this forum ?:shock2:    Things have certainly been crazy the last few months. 

If his wife's started exploring the forum I should PM him immediately, his life might be in serious danger! 
Probably just taking a break (as I reckon I should do too), it can't be easy to be a doctor in these crazy times....but might reach out  just for in case, 'tis easy to worry in these strange times...

How are you doing? Haven't coincided with you on the forum in a while! A damn shame! 

1 hour ago, travsformation said:

How are you doing? Haven't coincided with you on the forum in a while! A damn shame! 

I can’t complain. I have just been more busy than usual. Acquiring supplies at work has become a full time job. I end up buying something that will kinda work only to sell it when I find what I really needed in the first place. It is a strange world when eBay is faster and more dependable than Amazon or factory direct suppliers. 
Strange Times.......

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

@RockyTop I got your beautiful stand for my KS 16X and it arrived safely in Portugal with "no issues". I did send you an email and a PM here on the forum because I received an extra small square part that I haven't the faintest clue where to place it. Can you respond to my email or PM and help me out please?

Thanks mate

On 5/29/2020 at 6:13 PM, RockyTop said:

I can’t complain. I have just been more busy than usual. Acquiring supplies at work has become a full time job. I end up buying something that will kinda work only to sell it when I find what I really needed in the first place. It is a strange world when eBay is faster and more dependable than Amazon or factory direct suppliers. 
Strange Times.......

I'm guessing from the post of @RockyTop that he's in a bit of a work jam and can't answer me, maybe another user can. I got the great stand for my KS16X but it has an extra part (photo 2) that I have no idea where to fit it.

Edited by Paulo Mesquita

I just got back from vacation. Thanks , The 16X could come with either the 1.5 or 2,5 amp charger. The extra part is for the 2.5amp charger. If you had the 2.5 amp charger you would have to swap out the holders. 

Edited by RockyTop

As time passes the standard charger sent with the wheel changes. The smaller 1.5 amp charger works fine for most people. It might even be a better charger. Both chargers are made by EVX. The 16X could come with either. The S18 only comes with a 2.5 amp. And now the V11 comes with two possible suspension pumps. So, I end up sending holders for both options. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hey, @RockyTop, I was interested in potentially going to a rentable printer to materialise the Nikola stand - but in the description it says "NOT printable on MK3 I3" and, of course, the local printer is exactly that one.. :w00t2:

I'm guessing it's because that printer is 25x21x21 - the largest one being X instead of the Y axis, which is 23.8 for that stand? Wouldn't it be possible to rotate the print so that it fits the bed? Or there's a complexity issue? Also, any memory how long it ~ takes to print?

P.s. I know next to nothing about 3D printing. :)

EDIT: Oh.. I guess this is the real print area (NOT build volume?) for that printer, which is way too small, eh? x) 

Printer dimensions (without spool) 7 kg, 50×55×40 cm; 19.6×21.6×15.7 in (X×Y×Z
Build Volume 25×21×21 cm (9.84"×8.3"×8.3")
Edited by Phonoman

• 1 month later...

@Phonoman

You are correct. The Nikola stand is just a bit too wide. ( 10mm? Or something like that.) Trust me I tried and would have if I could.  I can print them in 18 hours. The standard setup takes about twice that long. 

CR 10 or bigger is needed. Sorry. 

• Thanks 1