Problem on my mten3

I have a problem, when I make a sharp turn the mten bends forward and falls. I switch the driving mode strong, medium, soft a lot of times and then the problem stops. When I turn off and then turn on, the problem is again... Anyone has the same problem?

On 3/7/2020 at 1:44 PM, Guillenava22 said:

I have a problem, when I make a sharp turn the mten bends forward and falls. I switch the driving mode strong, medium, soft a lot of times and then the problem stops. When I turn off and then turn on, the problem is again... Anyone has the same problem?

don’t take offense, you’re either too fat and putting way too much pressure on the pedals, or you’re leaning way too hard into a turn. the gyro isn’t all that powerful (I can make hard mode cutout at slow speeds on this wheel with very little effort) so go easy on the lean-in when you’re turning. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

don’t take offense, you’re either too fat and putting way too much pressure on the pedals, or you’re leaning way too hard into a turn. the gyro isn’t all that powerful (I can make hard mode cutout at slow speeds on this wheel with very little effort) so go easy on the lean-in when you’re turning. 

Don't scare people with the words "cut-out" ;)

Man, I've abused this wheel with aggressive reversals, etc. and never had the sense of it losing power. You (Ben) have to be super aggressive to cause the Mten3 to cut-out. It's certainly never happened to me, and hopefully not to other Mten3 owners.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Don't scare people with the words "cut-out" ;)

Man, I've abused this wheel with aggressive reversals, etc. and never had the sense of it losing power. You (Ben) have to be super aggressive to cause the Mten3 to cut-out. It's certainly never happened to me, and hopefully not to other Mten3 owners.

You’re talking to a guy that cut out at 42 mph! If i can survive that without any broken bones and nothing but a bruised thumb, cutting out on an mten3 is tame in comparison.  (Wear your armor and helmet folks).

With that said, if you stomp the Mten hard enough you can easily make it cut or at least, dip. I can hammer forward on either of my 100V wheels and the Gyro holds up perfectly. Then again, Nikola “soft” mode isn’t really all that soft. 

Edited by Ben Kim
  • Like 1

OP is saying that he can switch through settings, and the problem stops, until the power cycle.  Might be a bad wheel.  Never had any problem with my MTen3 like that.

Try a calibration first.

I can forward tilt my MTen3 hard enough to make it upset (asking for too much acceleration).

Edited by xorbe