MSP only a prototype for upcoming +100V the real Pro version?

Many MSX riders are still bewildered, trying to understand what was in Gotway's head reducing the speed of the anticipated "Pro" model. Arguments range from a different battery type/power deliverance, trade-off for torque or even Gotway being suddenly worried about the safety of the rider, to rumors of a possible higher voltage future version. I am sure Gotway is very proud of their flagship speed king. The MSX is no ordinary euc and I'm sure the speed junkies, like myself know that what makes this wheel so special is top speed. Although only more rumors, I'm inclined to doubt that Gotway is unwilling to present us with the attained MSX architecture but with unlimited speed performance in the near future. It's obvious that there is a growing market for faster speed, performance, cross-the-limit wheels, Russia in the front line. Nobody seems to perl clutch about cars being able to reach much higher speeds than needed any more. A top speed of 80-90kmh for eucs means safer cruising at 60-70kmh. Hopefully the actual crisis will not affect the development of this technology too much and the supply chains will not suffer excessively delivering the Pro and replacements, I believe new variants of the Pro are coming, keeping alive what makes the MSX an MSX: speed.

14 hours ago, Meserias said:

do you ever trade speed for torque ?
or better say torque for range...

Don't get me wrong, I would love not to have to trade off the torque and the advantages of fast acceleration are obvious, but it seems unnatural to be able to get to the top speed so fast that you almost have to break to leave the danger zone. Maybe it's because of my riding style of cruising at close to the top speed in urban environment with cars and in my experience it's preferable to be able to hold comfortably above 50kmh when dealing with city traffic, I don't need to have a brutal acceleration between 15 and 45kmh, would be great to have it but does not limit my riding or enjoyment. I would gladly give up range for torque, especially with the mileage one gets from these wheels today. Maybe somebody that loves to go on long trips would probably think different.

8 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Thanks for the info. Do you know what they are doing exactly to turn off the speed limitation? I see the add an S to the MXP. Will look into this seller, looks very interesting!

5 hours ago, Damarafaka said:

Do you know what they are doing exactly to turn off the speed limitation?

Iā€™ve understood itā€™s a different motor that is built to go faster with less torque. Thereā€™s usually different versions of these motors and you can trade torque for more rpm.Ā 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2020 at 6:15 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

I think they just put the MSX motor in the MSP. More speed, less torque. Not sure how it works with the board.

Ā 

On 3/9/2020 at 6:15 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

I think they just put the MSX motor in the MSP. More speed, less torque. Not sure how it works with the board.

Not exactly a MSX motor, but itā€™ll bring back the riding characteristics of the old wheel. Count me in the suicidal camp that wants a wheel that can cruise 50+ mph. Guess I will have to wait for 126/134V :(;)Ā 

• Like 2

Just now, Will R said:

I was under the impression that it is an MSP motor and it is the battery cells themselves that have been changed.

If you want to go faster, you need to either change the motor, or need to increase the battery voltage (above 100V here). A MSP motor at 100V will just go as fast as the MSP, because motor and voltage determineĀ the motor's maxĀ speed (no-torque speed).

They use the same LG M50T cells the standard MSP uses.

So they must have done something to the motor. Their spec sheet just says "improved for speed and range". Maybe Gotway has a new motor to succeed their "2000W" motor used in the MSX, Nikola, etc?

• Like 2

Then that would make it a straightforward MSP-X (like fantomas so kindly crashed for us). I thought the reason why gotway prohibited this was as the hardware wasn't supported by firmware. Perhaps that was because the rights to do this are going to eucservice, and he is the sole distributor of that firmware? Either way I just want to find out who to give my šŸ’° to.

Edited by Will R
Spelling edits

Im only speculating here! And I'm certainly no electrical expert. But I don't see another way how they could have modded a MSP for more speed. Must be the motor, as far as my knowledge goes. Either MSX motor, or MSX motor successor (built forĀ the same speed as the MSX motor) if it exists, or they opened the MSP motor and re-wound the copper (I don't think so).

Unfortunately EUC Service is stingy with technical details, so I can only guess. Maybe you can ask them in private if you're interested in buying from them, and the will tell you if you promise to keep it to yourself?

31 minutes ago, Will R said:

I thought the reason why gotway prohibited this was as the hardware wasn't supposed by firmware.

The new MSP-style board is already available for the Monster. So this seems to beĀ just Gotway's latest board for their "big" wheels.

Given how experimental Gotway is, I would not be surprised to see an MSX V2 which would beĀ just the MSP (new lights, new speakers, new side panels for the fatter batteries, etc.) with an MSX motor (or MSX motor successor, if that exists), or even a new Nikola model with the MSP motor (less speed, more torque, just like MSP vs MSX). That would meanĀ an appropriate firmware (for the MSP-style board with an MSX motor) would already exist, so this is where EUC Service might have got the right firmware.

Not sure what Gotway is planning or doing right now, though. It's all just guessing.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 3