Elliot_Mess

Converting from OW to V10 EUC

Greetings riders. 

I have a new V10 coming in the mail tomorrow (Thanks eWheels for a great deal!)  I'm coming from an old OneWheel plus and can't wait to learn an EUC. 

I'm interested to see what skills translate or if I'll have to learn to walk all over again. Excited to try a new way to ride! 

Any tips?

congrats! i came from a electric skateboards and mountain boards to a V10, EUC's are a completely different animal.

Learning update: Well rain and Coronavirus postponed my plans a bit but I finally got on the wheel yesterday.

Totally awesome and totally hard!  I can tell the insides of my leg are gonna be bruised for a bit. I love the feeling of the wheel though. I put it at 42.5 psi and practiced at the local school for a while. Its a little nerve-racking to get up to enough speed to be more stable. I was able to go about 30 ft unassisted after an hour or so. I got the "circle one foot control" exercise down.

I'm going to try on grass and practice with a jogging stroller to go faster today.

Can't wait to get better at this. Such an unique sensation and it feels more futuristic, smoother, (and safer) than my One Wheel. Definitely happy with my decision to get into this sport!

First, Congrats :) (Is it funny if I have the EUC and always want to buy an onewheel to try it out? since I saw most people do the opposite).

My 2 cents,
Don't practice on grass, it's uneven so it's hard to get balance with or without speed.
Don't use the stroller, it just get in the way (you will just try to hold on the the stroller in stead of my to balance yourself).

Pad up your wheel and practice on plat surface.

Expect the wheel to be a little bit beat up - just throw the wheel away, do not try to grab it when you fall.

For Inmotion wheels, you can easily replace absolutely anything when you want/need to.

Me after 2 hours (1 hour each day) of practice, with zero experience with skateboarding, snow skating, skiing, etc... so you could be a lot faster with onewheel experience.

Nice work!  You need a helmet though my friend. :eff034a94a:

Yeah so far the key for me is to get up to speed to keep my balance easier. I haven't gotten the acceleration down yet.

I'm not too worried about the wheel getting messed up. I have the inmotion cover on it and that helps. Gonna practice more today!

I came from a onewheel too. I used advice of turning my lower half left and right when going low speed to keep the wheel from flopping over, but that was learning from a ninebot 14 inch wheel. It took me about 4 hrs over 4 days (an hour a day) before it clicked for me. I still can't mount 100% of the time with 70 miles in so far. 

Today it clicked!!! It clicked for me really fast. I used a stroller a couple times then ditched it. I can now mount with either foot and go as far as I want. Got up to 15 mph and went around the block a few times without stopping, u-turns are no problem just not too sharp and not great at carving yet. Being a motorcycle rider helps so much with the "look where you want to go" principle. It's the exact same thing on a motorbike. 

Loving it! Will get a video going soon. 

@Phong Vu you were right about ditching the cart/stroller. You have to just get going and keep your head up. Good stuff. 

:w00t2::clap3::thumbup: