Time to go SMALL...

My next wheel will be... an MTen3. I love the big wheels and the long trips and that continues, but this year I want really want to thoroughly test the idea of this little wheel being a great last-mile option in our spread-out city. We have transit everywhere, but most people have a bit of a walk to get to the nearest transit point. Plus I really want to be carrying a wheel in a back pack to events and (hopefully) show civilians around here that wheels are really pedestrian friendly. And finally, I think more people around here might take the plunge if they see that a  fun little wheel can be had for much, much less than the cost of a big wheel.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure going to feel a bit silly riding such a cute little wheel around.

• Like 1

Can´t be all coincidence, a lot of people including me ordered a Mten3 the last days on Ali or else. For curiousity just watch out our welll-known YT channels about purchases everywhere ...

I have to admit I formerly considered it as a "clown toy" since I saw first pictures thereof about 2 years ago (when starting with a fool´s choice NB1E+ TBH) . Being a prudent 1% -18" wheel rider  my ignorance classified it as a bummer wheel because of it´s obious lacks relating to wheel diameter. I didn´t get an imagination about it´s benefits of course those times - bad me. But I am happy I changed my mind a lot because of our  community input though. So I´m looking forward for arrival estimated in May.

So back to TO: Get on with this topic!

Edited by Mimetic Polyalloy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, winterwheel said:

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure going to feel a bit silly riding such a cute little wheel around.

Don't worry about it, people will be impressed that you can ride your "briefcase".

Bruce

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mimetic Polyalloy said:

So I´m looking forward for arrival estimated in May.

I have no patience at all. Ordered on ewheels this morning and paid for max shipping speed. I've been wanting to try one of these for months.

• Like 2

Winterwheel, you may want to look for a different tire for your MTen3.  The max weight rating for the MTen3 tire is 155 lbs.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvkrJK3mWp2slqUdQULxnh3DPvWzwA?e=aGAsQQ

Here's the tire size:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvkrJK3mWp2slqUgvBBrmqkbHK05XQ?e=eu1eRH

Bruce

Han Vo rides an MTen3 and his riding weight is 200 lbs. I've asked him to check his sidewall to see if his tire is different.  The MTen3 used to ship with a tubed tire.  Perhaps it had a different load rating.

Bruce

Well that's a downer. Much appreciated, but damn. 155lbs isn't a good default limit for wheels sold in N.A. The marketing says they're good to 220lbs, but it seems like the tire isn't good for anywhere near that.

Edited by winterwheel

Here's a quote from eWheels about Stamped Tire Ratings;

"According to industry sources, they say that tire manufacturers have a tendency to use overly conservative ratings in order to minimize their warranty obligations, but in the internal testing departments, the actual loads that the tires are subjected to, before failure, can be upwards of 5-10x greater than the marked specification."

Based on this you should be good.  Also, there seem to be lots of MTen3 riders whose weight are well over the tire rating.

My apologies for raising a non-issue.

Bruce

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PennBruce said:

Here's a quote from eWheels about Stamped Tire Ratings;

"According to industry sources, they say that tire manufacturers have a tendency to use overly conservative ratings in order to minimize their warranty obligations, but in the internal testing departments, the actual loads that the tires are subjected to, before failure, can be upwards of 5-10x greater than the marked specification."

Based on this you should be good.  Also, there seem to be lots of MTen3 riders whose weight are well over the tire rating.

My apologies for raising a non-issue.

Bruce

We'll know soon enough, I plan to be  riding this thing a *lot*.

• Like 1