What new innovations would you like to see in EUCs?

• 2 months later...

I would like to see EUC's made specifically for different purposes, than trying to be jack of all trades. Just like Mten3 is a small, nimble, easy to carry commuter.

Lightweight, aero looking, high speed wheels for the speed aficionados. Built with one purpose, SPEED. No lights, no speakers, no trolley handle. Just goes damn fast.

Rugged wheel for offroading with suspension, waterproofing, metal body, motor with lots of torque, large battery, low top speed. (Veteran comes close)

would love a wheel to take on long treks, with the ability to carry a backpack on the back of the wheel itself, and use the wheel as a mule in difficult to ride terrains. 

lots of charging options, dc fast charging, 100w usb type C charging.

easily accessible and swappable controllers and batteries. 

• Like 1

A few thoughts:

Strong password protection (or activation) against theft.

Possibility to adapt to local legislation. (Speed limits..)

Sharing a 3D file of the outer body would be nice for 3rd party accessories and custom stuff.

If power pads turn out to be really useful the wheel body could use that shape to accommodate for batteries (the opposite of 16s)

Possibility to have hard mode when accelerating and soft mode when breaking, to get more angle holding you back.

Front and back dashcam for documenting incidents. (Helmet and action cams have limited battery)

Possibility to fast charge the max healthy rate of the batteries.

Option to automatically lower the battery charge level in case of no use for a certain time.

Handle early charge cutoff at logic board level (via app) to avoid needing special chargers.

Bicycle bell style horn to avoid confusing pedestrians.

Edited by null
  • Like 3

faster speeds, more range.  There is a market out there dying to go faster than ~40 mph safely and we are willing to pay for it. 

Somehow, I don’t believe such a wheel will be coming from King Song. 

Edited by Ben Kim

6 hours ago, null said:

If power pads turn out to be really useful the wheel body could use that shape to accommodate for batteries (the opposite of 16s)

Yes! I’ve been thinking about this for a long time. Why are the batteries always right where the legs are making the wheel wider? There’s plenty of space right in front of and behind the legs. Put batteries there without making the wheel wide or top heavy. 

Possibility to have hard mode when accelerating and soft mode when breaking, to get more angle holding you back.

Didn’t the Z10 have something called brake assist? I’d like to see the manufacturers experiment with this more. Good idea. 

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

Didn’t the Z10 have something called brake assist? I’d like to see the manufacturers experiment with this more. Good idea.

Yes, you are correct in thinking that the Z10 has a brake assist mode and you can easily enable it in the app.   I set my Z10 to have the brake assist active permanently, for as long as I can remember now. 

How it works is by quite simply applying 3 degrees of rearward tilt to the pedals, when any normal braking force is felt/sensed by the electronics.  It works really well, once you initially get used to the mild tilt back sensation (and then after time you don't even notice it's tilting you back), and it does actually get applied in a very smooth manner!

• Like 2

For me is important posiblity change Firmware what i need(want).

More possibility settings pedal hardness like inmotion example. slider 0-100 not only soft/medium/hard

Important for me is possibility make offline calibration ! Calibration is safety feature ! 

And weather/water proofing. (I own 2th batch QC12 KS16X and after foggy day lift sensors not work 48 hours water is KS16X Cryptonite)  

KS16X is close to ideal for me just redesing case for beter crash survive and weather proof minimal to inmotion V10F level.

I am heavy person not forget many EUC riders is 100+ Kg. And we need more battery 1500 is minimal for safety.

I like possibility change pedlals for bigger(just cross model compatibile like gotway have) .

Pedal height from the ground more is better.

Lowering the pedals to the switch would be practical (I don't mean lifting just lowering)

Maybee @Unventor @travsformation have some complex ideas.

Edited by DjPanJan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DjPanJan said:

Pedal height from the ground more is better.

Lowering the pedals to the switch would be practical (I don't mean lifting just lowering)

Pedal height is a tricky thing. In snow conditions it is good to have them fairly close to ground. If the distance between wheel axle and pedal point becomes very short it becomes much harder to control the EUC especially during hard braking. And I think this is partly why happens on KS16X design. 

For lowering pedals  you can see 2 relative simple solutions. One is a spring loaded pedal lock and you mechanical releases. Another way is holding pedals in place by a magnet that you neutralise or disengage with a electromagnet. Just enough to push pedal out to drop down. 

I think this would be more of a luxury function but I like the idea. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dave Wood said:

Built in GPS tracking or some kind of security along those lines that would enable the owner to locate their wheel  incase they get stolen

Good idea, but only if it can be PHYSICALLY disabled. I won't buy a transportation device with  tracking on board that I can't remove. 

I would like a tray under the handle so I can use standalone devices and mount them in that spot, should I not want to sully my pockets or wrists.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

19 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Good idea, but only if it can be PHYSICALLY disabled. I won't buy a transportation device with  tracking on board that I can't remove. 

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose?

Kingsong already have a decent immobilisation function though and the larger wheels have space to insert a lock if you did want to leave it unattended. If they had a more powerful bluetooth chip then it could have an alarm mode when immobilised that set off an alarm and set off an alarm on your phone. That could be useful if you just wanted to visit the bathroom in a coffee house. I suppose if the your phone then ran out of battery it could switch back to limp home mode after an hour.

If kingsong wants to make money and get rich, becoming a market leader is relatively easy, and simply by doing so.💲🤑💰

That adds to the firmware the ability of the EUC to change the dynamics and acceleration to the weight of the rider.🦄🐷👍🏻

Make EUC friendly for Big/Robust/Heavy/Fat people.👍🏻🐖🙏🏻

A weight of 110Kg / 262lbs, for example, is entered in the application and the EUC can optimize the behavior for greater safety.🔍👨🏻‍🔬🔬

On the other hand, a rider who has 65kg / 143lbs can get a higher speed range, acceleration, safety.🚑🏥👍🏻

This function has no negatives, who does not want to solve it will leave it on the default just as it is when the function does not exist.🤦🏻‍♂️📈🤯

And in the future, even those who now have 65Kg will get to 110kg with a little effort of diligence and determination of the effort of perseverance. (Joke)🤣😲🐛🐽🦋

• Like 2

What people really want is a modular wheel. Add speakers, LEDs, or not. Add more or less battery depending on conditions. Change the firmware to what works best for them, adding new features. Add water-"proofing" or remove it and reduce weight. Fast charging for longer trips. Really solid frame and padded shell so it can crash and keep going (there's a lot to be said for, "it just works"). Adjustable, universal pedal hangers (more holes) and universal pedals.

Two motor options, one for torque and one for speed. No cut-offs are really important for some, probably most people, but speed is more important overall. It comes up in every wheel discussion, as does range.

Water-"proofing": Many of us unexpectedly get stuck in the rain here often. If we don't ride when it looks like rain, we'd almost never ride. So being able to ride the entire battery in a heavy downpour is necessary. That requires stainless steel screws that don't rust, water shedding shells, and water resistant buttons. Other people almost never see rain but have a lot of dust, so water-"proofing" addresses this.

Open-source controllers is a great idea, allowing enthusiasts to get the most out of your product. Anything they don't like they can change, missing features can be added, which is incredibly useful. This can also address the strong security and password options (people want to retain their investment, not have it stolen). It can also address speed regulations in some countries, as owners can set a "hard-limit" and be legal to drive a machine that would otherwise be faster.

Of course lighter means "easier to maneuver," which means plug-in battery packs so the rider can add/remove batteries as necessary. Though costly to implement it's actually a great idea because it addresses weight, range, and cost concerns.

Charging batteries to 4.00V instead of 4.20V is a topic, but I think the bigger issue it premature cell failure / better balancing circuitry. It seems to come down to the need for Smart BMSs.

Bearings that are easy to clean, lube, and replace. If you're going to build an awesome wheel it's going to cost additional money, and owners will want it to last and be up gradable. They will change out a circuit board and install a new one--even if they can't they'll find someone who can do it for them. The same with bearings and the other parts.

Thank you for asking.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I would like to see the addition of a tuned mass damper. This would nicely complement a wheel that already has suspension like the S18.

Cars have this and it’s been tried in some motorcycles I believe. Basically it would prevent the dreaded speed wobbles and likely only add a couple pounds to the overall weight.