Inmotion V12 announcement May 2020-MORE SPECS RELEASED

Electric Dreams

:dribble:

As they have a V12 and V15 coming, and one is supposedly a 16 incher and the other an 18 incher... looks like this is going to be their new 16 incher (smaller number, right?)! Curious what they have come up with! I have no idea what to expect.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
spelling

I'll just say I find inmotion's naming system confusing. You'd think if they were going to introduce some new wheels then it might be worth looking at the naming system they have. Currently the V5 is 14", the V10 is 16", the V12 is 16" and the V15 is 18". Why not just start with a letter to identify the manufacturer, a number to give the wheel diameter and then a few letters to say whether it's a wide tyre (W), suspension (S), long distance (L) etc. The "I" for inmotion is a bit confusing because it looks like a digit so I'd go for "M" instead or even just stick with the "V". Names like M16W or M18SL would then be understandable. I'm a bit stuck on how to differentiate the V8 and V10 though - M16L for 16" lightweight and then M16L for 16" long distance???

From another topic:

6 minutes ago, Unventor said:

From what I can pick up on WhatsApp channel over time it got me intrigued. After chatting with Liam (from Inmotion marketing), Iam not so sure that I only have 3 wheels after this summer...yes other brands build new models too. In October the 2nd new wheel launch is set. this is set to be a more traditional and smaller wheel. but no details yet. I think it could be a upgraded V10 like wheel but that is my speculations. 

So the May event will show the big one?:dribble:

• Like 2

Well I didn't hear May. Last week they said next month. and some time back they said Aoril for first release and a later release proberly around october. But maybe @Liamfind can give us more announcment/release time details.

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

From another topic:

So the May event will show the big one?:dribble:

Yes, as they need people to know f their product since they are aiming for a target group they normally appel to. Also Since the price tag is around 2000$ They proberly know people do not impulse buy it, it is a price that for most need saving towards.

InMotion should be careful about asked price because MSP/MSPS could be a better option than their big next release.
If InMotion next wheel it's not having 100Km+ range I will get a Nikola+ 2100Wh...

It is the big one! Specs are pretty much what we expected from an Inmotion wheel. Though it is nice to have the suspension confirmed. Can't wait to see how they did it! And the design will surely be nice.

I wonder what "over 100km range" means. After all, the V10F is advertised as 62 miles max wheel (= 100km);) I guess it means 1600Wh (which still doesn't give 100km under realistic conditions) but I'd be happy to see an even bigger battery.

2 months to go...

When they delayed the 7th Jan release they said announcement set on April with sales start later May early Juni. They also said that supply will be low in the beginning. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

No, I'm afraid not:P 62 miles = 99.8km.

image.png

image.png

Anyways, I'm not here to shit on Inmotions earlier marketing. I merely mentioned this as a side show.

I'm sure their new wheel will have more than a 1000Wh battery. 1600Wh is what I expect. Looking forward to see more, especially because I believe an 18 incher requires a completely new design (bigger step than V8 --> V10):efefe00999:

Yeah, but if their V10F marketing says it's a 60-mile (100-km) wheel, and it has a ~1000wh battery, then that's what I'm expecting with this new wheel.

We don't have any evidence that they know how to build a longer range wheel or that they think their customer base desires one.

Call me skeptical.

guys, don't forget V8 it's most used wheel which has been already proven to be a worldwide success on many aspects.
I'm give them credit until I see their response to big boys ...

Edited by Meserias
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, but if their V10F marketing says it's a 60-mile (100-km) wheel, and it has a ~1000wh battery, then that's what I'm expecting with this new wheel.

We don't have any evidence that they know how to build a longer range wheel or that they think their customer base desires one.

Call me skeptical.

I don't see why couldn't do it? Call me skeptical on a skeptical. 

In case you had chosen to follow their information flow then you would see they have shifted in how they communicate. 

And yes looking back at V10 launch it had same inflation to numbers as both KS and GW has. The only difference is that they never came out with a wheel past 1000wh. Same as Ninebot never did. 

I agree that the V10f isn't a mountain class wheel. But as a commuter wheel up to 10miles a way it works pretty well. At least with many countries that have a speedlimit for EUC. 

But then again I view the V10f as a low budget midrange wheel. I am keen to see what they come up with.

Just because they have a new wheel coming I see not need to be skeptical about it. 

• Like 2

I realy hope. Change my V10F (37Km real range) to this "new" whell. I love waterproof of inmotion. This Ks16x water failings in superlight rain scary me. If kingsong not anounce 16x 100V or 16x (waterproof edition). KS18XL is only stability choice and geting older and older. Gotway Nikola + is road/comute machine pedals is too close ground for "offroad" Nikola = speed for me. I no have places where i can ride 50+ km/h here(no road conditons) only Nikola + benefit compared to 16X is for me waterproofing and battery. 

Next questionmark for me is. Fix V12 all fails what v10F have? Weak mosfets , overloads, overheats, apps what need conect to china for only calibration(what if they close server  no more calibration anymore? ) tire size ,RANGE , lift sensor not work 100% for me if i no push it in centre sometime just not work. We know V12 use scorpion handle i no hate it is usable solution. Big Plus what many people not see inmotion have services and official selers in countries where gotway/kongsong have nothing. That is part of inmotion worldwide sucess. Inmotion please be smart and take my money!     

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UniVehje said:

They’ve already confirmed it’ll be bigger battery than V10F and built for long distance riders.

There we are, no more wondering needed:)

I for one am happy Inmotion go for a brand new "big boy" wheel design to compete with the likes of msuper and 18(X)L.

And let's not forget the suspension! I have no idea how they will implement such a feature. Via the pedal construction? Springed pedal hangers? Soft circle layer in the tire rim? Super springy tire?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

There we are, no more wondering needed:)

I for one am happy Inmotion go for a brand new "big boy" wheel design to compete with the likes of msuper and 18(X)L.

And let's not forget the suspension! I have no idea how they will implement such a feature. Via the pedal construction? Springed pedal hangers? Soft circle layer in the tire rim? Super springy tire?

That's the most interesting piece to me. Suspension. If they nail it, it could be a really awesome innovation.

• Like 1