Cameras that handle crashes..

I have an old gopro 3 that has proven itself to take a beating. However, if it gets its ass handed to it WHILE filming, I lose the current video. Id imagine it has something to do with how the camera has to post-process the info on the card and close the file.  This makes me wonder... Do any of the newer action cams, enable you to pull video if its terminated by hardware failure, before the current clip is concluded? Just curious, as the best footage I may ever get, will be of me flying off a mountain. If i luckily have a camera in hand to catch such epic footage, will the rescue team get to even see it? I'd imagine the last words would be "oh shit!" and i'd forget to stop filming or id drop the selfie stick/camera.  Dead body or not, people like crashes and the good ones are hard to plan/repeat. I guess this also could be valuable to know, as an after a car ran you over type deal. You know, so the greedy family of the victim, can figure out who's pockets to empty.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 6:33 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

I have an old gopro 3 that has proven itself to take a beating. However, if it gets its ass handed to it WHILE filming, I lose the current video. Id imagine it has something to do with how the camera has to post-process the info on the card and close the file.  This makes me wonder... Do any of the newer action cams, enable you to pull video if its terminated by hardware failure, before the current clip is concluded? Just curious, as the best footage I may ever get, will be of me flying off a mountain. If i luckily have a camera in hand to catch such epic footage, will the rescue team get to even see it? I'd imagine the last words would be "oh shit!" and i'd forget to stop filming or id drop the selfie stick/camera.  Dead body or not, people like crashes and the good ones are hard to plan/repeat. I guess this also could be valuable to know, as an after a car ran you over type deal. You know, so the greedy family of the victim, can figure out who's pockets to empty.

Good question, I'd like to know myself too, since I just bought a GoPro 7. Am trying to think of other users using GoPros but I can only think of @Mike Sacristan ATM :efee612b4b:

9 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Sometimes my battery has died in the middle of a recording or I get a SD card error.
Either way 99% of the time my GoPro 6 will repair the file.

Thanks, good to know!