How to check gotway battery capacity?

kit

12 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

ChargeDoctor has a discharge mode and a Wh counter... discharge the wheel into a 100W incandescent lightbulb?

(You would need example data from a "new" pack to compare to...)

I just wanna confirm whether the version is 512wh 84v.  The gotway app isn't shown it.  I also cannot find any spec on the body.

• Like 1

The only way to be sure is to open the wheel and check the sticker on the battery.

Indications:

• Just have the seller show his bill/receipt.
  • 84V charge port has 4 pins.
  • You can go by weight, but the 512Wh and ~405Wh weigh the same (same number of cells, but 2900mAh vs 3450mAh). But if you find the weight of the 512Wh mten3 from a reliable source, it's another indication.
  • Like 2

MTen3 is a pain to open because you have to pull away the adhesive pads (which won't reattach perfectly).

How about: discharge until tiltback (ride it till it won't let you), then overnight re-charge with a DC Wh meter like ChargeDoctor.
>400 Wh delivered = you're good.

37 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

MTen3 is a pain to open because you have to pull away the adhesive pads (which won't reattach perfectly).

How about: discharge until tiltback (ride it till it won't let you), then overnight re-charge with a DC Wh meter like ChargeDoctor.
>400 Wh delivered = you're good.

Kill-a-watt has this feature and allowed me to figure out what the buttons are on my fast charger

1 hour ago, Declan acoustic-unicyclist said:

Kill-a-watt has this feature and allowed me to figure out what the buttons are on my fast charger

Beware that's an AC Wh meter... so you would need to estimate (subtract) the efficiency of your charger if you wanted to use it to determine "DC Wh delivered to the wheel".