Charging EU from an electric car...like Nissan LEAF

Planetpapi

Does anyone tried to charge their EUs from an electric car? I have a Nissan LEAF and I'm wondering if it is possible to charge my Tg-F3 from the car's 12 V outlet. I'm checking with you all  experts before I blow up something on my own  :) . Thanks!

Does anyone tried to charge their EUs from an electric car? I have a Nissan LEAF and I'm wondering if it is possible to charge my Tg-F3 from the car's 12 V outlet. I'm checking with you all  experts before I blow up something on my own  :) . Thanks!

You will need a 12Volt charger (instaead of the 110V)

Are your 12V outlets ON if your turn the iginition off?

Do not do funny things, because new cars do not like a lot of things (at my Mitsubish i-MiEV it will turn on the motor warning lamp if you put a LED light in the third break light).

Or maybe this is the item you prefer (so you can use it for all kind of low powered stuff):

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/CE-and-ROHS-off-grid-DC12-24-48V-to-AC110-220V-1200W-modified-sine-wave-solar/32243332945.html

Almost forgot:

If you charge the EU during not turned on your iginition, it will drain your small 12V battery and maybe your ar not be able to start your car (even if the main battery is fully loaded)!

Please think twice with electric cars....

Do not touch your 360V DC compenents (all the RED wire and tubes), you can seriously injured

I guess I have to stay away from funny things. Not too long ago they replaced "Master Wiring Harness" on my LEAF which only  took 25 hours. Yep. They have to rip open the car tip to toe. I have an inverter that plugs into cigarette lighter. I will use my regular gas powered car to charge EU, if the situation arises. Thanks ^tom^.

Archived