EUCs in "walking mode"

GothamMike

EUCs should have a "walking mode" setting

-All lights off (or the option)

-Speakers off (again, an option)

-Alarms and sounds off

This mode would only work when the trolley arm is extended. 

When you board a bus or train you don't attract a lot of attention, or if you are walking into a building. 

• Like 2

My MTen3 was easy. Turned it off and carried it. :P Though the couple times in a hurry to get on the train I failed to hold the power button long enough to turn it off and the wheel goes spinning alarm screaming away. >_< No really, it's not a dangerous uncontrollable machine. Perfectly safe! What I'd give for a kill switch...

The MSX though... yeah. The coil whine(?) is pretty loud, especially in an elevator with others. The poorly positioned handle can lead to control difficulty if your not careful. Reduced max speed and torque so that it's less dangerous in crowds would be another option I'd like. Though having climbed onto a powered off IPS i5 and face planted when first learning... there had better be some unmistakable indicator that it's in limited mode.

Honestly, I have seen what my MSX is capable of when it gets away from you when turned on.  It can be pretty dangerous while doing the funky chicken if you lose control of it.  I know the MSX handle isn't in the best spot in regards to this, but I could see it happen even with my KingSong wheel.  When I'm indoors now (mall, store, etc) I only trolley it with it turned off.  It's not really that much more difficult when off but much less dangerous.

Would hate for the thing to injure someone if they accidentally kick it and I lose control of it in an elevator for example.

• Like 1

Hmm, yes, that's a good point. Probably works with most wheels but try trollying a Nikola which has a handle that doesn't lock in the upward position turned off... I've tried trollying it turned off and it wasn't easy. Ended up more or less dragging it forward. But otherwise I agree, we don't want to hurt anybody.

About hurting others, i had the msx for a couple of days to test it out, it was a friends, and when using the subway it was "that" close to run away from me cause the trolley of the msx is bad, i haven't had a wheel with that bad of a trolley handle. I almost hit people! so.. off and carried it

8 hours ago, Lefteris said:

About hurting others, i had the msx for a couple of days to test it out, it was a friends, and when using the subway it was "that" close to run away from me cause the trolley of the msx is bad, i haven't had a wheel with that bad of a trolley handle. I almost hit people! so.. off and carried it

The handle isn't in the greatest spot, for sure, but you can get used to it eventually.

• Like 1