MSX 2200Wh / 2170 cells

btl

Hi, 

while checking EUCs at Aliexpress i found that there is a MSX with Tesla 2170 cells, which are not mentioned here (at least my search brought nothing). I asked the seller if that are genuine TESLA made cells, or just just the Tesla specific formfactor ones. He responded next morning with a photo of a bunch fo cells, showing the three lines every TESLA made cell has on the minus pole. Look legit!

On the other hand, all TESLA 2170 cells you can buy seem to be used ones out of damaged cars or salvaged powerwalls. These will most likely have some degradation already. I am looking forward to see a review, if the higher number really translates to more range.

Is someone going to order one of these? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32999414774.html

Greets,

Stefan

This is the wheel I am currently riding and it is absolutely outstanding! I am getting about 45 miles of range, averaging speeds around 35-38mph.

I've already hit 44mph and I'm barely beeping.

The guys in NYC have accumulated close to 10k miles on a single wheel of this setup. It is the fastest electric unicycle in the world. You should get one

• Like 2

It seems that most if not all high density Sanyo/Panasonic 21700 cells are tesla motors exclusive. It's good stuff but you can only get them from tesla battery packs.

I've seen some chinese tests. Charge/discharge graphs and so on.

Some sell them as 4600mAh and some as 4800mAh (capacity guaranteed above this number). It might indicate two kinds circulating. Tests show capacities between 5050-4900mAh.

They can stay below 70C up to 15A continuously.

The price is crazy low. I see them being sold unprocessed for under 1usd and after adding the positive pole and shrinkwrap they cost around 7-8cny ~ 1-1.1usd a pop.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

hello at all,
1st post on your forum, please excuse my English, but I use google translate
To replace the venerable MSX 84V 1600Wh, I ordered an MSX 100V 2200Wh. In France, there is very little information and feedback on this wheel. The only feedback we have is on the so-called unreliability or risk linked to the unofficial battery (Loomo).
It seems to me that on this side of the world, there are more users of this wheel who could make me a real return?

Thanks in advance.

On 6/22/2020 at 2:33 PM, Tank said:

hello at all,
1st post on your forum, please excuse my English, but I use google translate
To replace the venerable MSX 84V 1600Wh, I ordered an MSX 100V 2200Wh. In France, there is very little information and feedback on this wheel. The only feedback we have is on the so-called unreliability or risk linked to the unofficial battery (Loomo).
It seems to me that on this side of the world, there are more users of this wheel who could make me a real return?

Thanks in advance.

There has not been any issues with the MSX 100V 2200wh as far as I can tell.
A lot of New York City Riders own them and no issues.
The issues you heard about Loomo are related to the Monster V3 3108wh which is related to the BMS.
I own one also and there has not been any problems, so I'm not just saying things.

Check out a video from your Compatriot.

Edited by KAY GEE
minor
  • Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 3:33 PM, Tank said:

Afaik there were no reports of the msx 100v 2200Wh.

There was a report of a nik+ 100V burning:https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/18494-warning-gotway-nikola-100v-1800wh-battery-fire/

It had panasonic (tesla) 21700 cells - according to GW (hearsay) this was the problem and the (bigger) resellers replaced the batteries of these wheels. (According to gw (hearsay) these cells were only used for the first batches - now the use lg 21700 cells.

Another report of a burning gw on youtube was a ?monster? with custom aliexpress 3080Wh battery.

?Some/one? new ?MSP? were reported to emit smoke - sorry can't find the link, did not follow this too much.

So not too much in detail is known here either - most is rumours and "speculation". Afaik it was never publicly and officialy announced that the panasonic cells were the culprit. Or that there is a problem at all...

Just the ?two? fire reports were shockingly impressive :(

As mentioned in https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/18494-warning-gotway-nikola-100v-1800wh-battery-fire/?do=findComment&comment=315432

it could be ?"just the missing short circuit protection"/some design/QC issue? that "burns some motherboards".

If one looks at https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/17219-ecodrifts-2019-service-statistics-failure-rate-by-brand-and-model/

some GW models had in 2019 higher failure rates....

So maybe just somesome "random coincidence" that the cases of fires happened with 21700 versions?

• 2 weeks later...