The Original EUC Bodyguard ® - now available for Gotway wheels!

• The Fat Unicyclist changed the title to The Original EUC Bodyguard ® - now available for Gotway wheels!
On 2/23/2020 at 4:45 PM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Okay everyone, you have been asking for it, so here it is...

Available now to pre-order (for shipping in March), EUC Bodyguards for the Gotway Monster, MsuperX and Nikola!

euc-bodyguard-for-gotway-monster.jpg

For details check out the Roll.nz website.

For the prototype MSX one on your website, is that a flap covering the trolley handle? Is it stuck with Velcro? I’m just wondering if having to lift the flap every time would make deploying the trolley cumbersome? (Don’t get me wrong, I love your body guards; they’re top quality and I’ve bought 2 already.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/23/2020 at 8:45 AM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Okay everyone, you have been asking for it, so here it is...

Available now to pre-order (for shipping in March), EUC Bodyguards for the Gotway Monster, MsuperX and Nikola!

For details check out the Roll.nz website.

Any plans on releasing these in black only? (No bright red or blue etc)

• 6 months later...

But...but.... where's my mten cover? She looks so beat up and plain. Pads are worse for wear. Shins could use a break.... Oh how badly I want an mten bodyguard! Its itty bitty and shouldnt pose a problem. Cover up those retarded lights except the front few for battery. I'll preorder one right now...  too many choices of color tho, may have to think on it or order 2! As always, those covers look damn fine!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

But...but.... where's my mten cover? She looks so beat up and plain. Pads are worse for wear. Shins could use a break.... Oh how badly I want an mten bodyguard! Its itty bitty and shouldnt pose a problem. Cover up those retarded lights except the front few for battery. I'll preorder one right now...  too many choices of color tho, may have to think on it or order 2! As always, those covers look damn fine!

I have three patient words for you @ShanesPlanet... Dee Sem Burr!

Our Mten3 are on a boat already and we are ready to design as soon as they arrive.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I have three patient words for you @ShanesPlanet... Dee Sem Burr!

Our Mten3 are on a boat already and we are ready to design as soon as they arrive.

:shock2::clap3:  If you're jerkin' me around... not cool! If you're serious.... how in the heck am I going to decide on what color? My life just became so complex! Im thinkin that gorgeous purple for starters, black trim... so damn sexy. Its about time you got to enjoy riding one of these little things. December is not far off at all. So exciting, you just made my Christmas!

Edited by ShanesPlanet

• 8 months later...
On 7/28/2021 at 2:14 AM, stephen said:

@The Fat Unicyclist will you be doing a cover for the begode Ex.n is going to be a very popular wheel?

Possibly...

The challenge is that we need to have every EUC model for which we want to make a Bodyguard. And that gets quite expensive, quite quickly. 

Having said that, there may be a local rider keen on getting an EX.N. If he does, then we might just be able to work something out...

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Would using a 3D scanner to capture the intricate measurements of each wheel be an option?

Possibly... We would still need to make a form from the scan though and it would need to include recesses (ie. Inside the motor cavity) and light positions, et cetera. 

I don't think many people are aware of the complexity required to make a Bodyguard. For example, how it attaches underneath, with enough clearance from the motor, and with tension (from the neoprene) to keep it secured. Neoprene also stretches differently in each direction, so has to be cut the right way. And, every hole that is cut out of the neoprene also changes that stretch.

Probably the biggest challenge though would then be testing it, which usually consists of me riding as hard as I can to try to destroy it. That could be done by other riders (as @Unventor knows all about), but it is harder when @Chrissi can't directly see what piece slipped, or caught, or didn't fit quite right...

And besides, if she could make them without having the wheels here, I wouldn't have anything to ride!   :D 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Probably the biggest challenge though would then be testing it, which usually consists of me riding as hard as I can to try to destroy it. That could be done by other riders (as @Unventor knows all about), but it is harder when @Chrissi can't directly see what piece slipped, or caught, or didn't fit quite right...

Well I have tried to help. But sometimes it take a small test group to come up with smart ways around difficult shapes. It would have been so much easier if both of you lived around my place 😉

On 7/29/2021 at 7:10 PM, Rehab1 said:

I use a 3D laser scanner on my peds patients to create their cranial remolding bands.

I work with all types of 3D modeling applications in radiology/cardiology. Never thought to apply it too wheels. Makes complete sense, thanks.

Not going to throw a wheel in a PET/CT scanner though (have seen some physician's pets LOL).

Edited by gon2fast
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, gon2fast said:

Not going to throw a wheel in a PET/CT scanner though (have seen some physician's pets LOL).

No don’t do that. :o

Your scanners use radiation. Mine shown below is compromised of lasers and cameras. The digital data we acquire for each child is then sent to a central fab company that uses a Cad/Cam to create an exact mold. 

51348461664_8ebc4c343f_b.jpg

There are also handheld 3D scanners to acquire the digital data. 

51347003947_f90d5ee9ee_z.jpg

18 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I don't think many people are aware of the complexity required to make a Bodyguard. For example, how it attaches underneath, with enough clearance from the motor, and with tension (from the neoprene) to keep it secured. Neoprene also stretches differently in each direction, so has to be cut the right way. And, every hole that is cut out of the neoprene also changes that stretch.

I know you and Chrissi have developed a proprietary process to create Bodyguards. I would just love to see a few photos of the work flow.   :popcorn:

• Like 2