Dart

I don't know what you do for a living but you look super comfortable and have fantastic knowledge of where your camera see things and to me that comes acress super professional. I wish I could do that. 

I agree you touch points most do not reflect that much on or explain in depth. 

I have same ideal about gear, but I fuld a faster way to get my gear on and be even better protected. Using a mc suit. Now I have shoulder, hip, chest and back protection too. I had a reflective cycle jacket but first time I went down it got torn pretty badly. (I hit icy on pedestrian crossing mark and sliding out at 5mph turning). 

You can see below I have mc helmet too but I only use it when it is really cold. It is twice as heavy as my TSG Pass helmet and my mc helmet shields of sound too my so I don't hear traffic at all. I will be getting a reflective pull over West that I can flip around to be traffic green/yellow by day and reflective at night. 

I love to see more of your thought on riding in future. 

Just a note on posture, I don't think standing straight taal as a broomstick is good. As you get easy ejected hitting a pot hole. You rather want to stand a bit bend in your knees as if alpine skiing. Straight in the back but not too tense. This took me the better part of 2000kmh to get right. Now I don't panic hitting a pot hold I didn't see. My body have now intuitive muscles reaction so I don't think how to catch balance only what is going on around me. You know what I mean the first time it happens to you and you ride it off then stop and reflect on how you did compared to your first 100km of practice. 

So a few pics. (I reuse some I posted before else where). 

20181004_174708.thumb.jpg.daf7ae8eb016613158b8cafd703423ca.jpgResized_20190111_170342_3238.thumb.jpeg.af735e2a4826c7f4d97a1a279cf091fc.jpegResized_20190111_170353_5850.thumb.jpeg.ce63d5a54d4268fb478d88b0eb673c03.jpeg1574596529906.jpg.42996a9b37889fb60456d1beb98dbd09.jpg

I need to get a new picture showing me daily commute gear. 

Unventor: Thanks so much for the feedback!

Your gear is way better. More complete, and  I'm sure so much faster to put on. I'll work toward something similar.  And that yellow helmet is exactly what I'm looking for! What's the make and do you like it?  (The one I ordered on line was way to small, so I'm starting again). 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 1:53 PM, Dart said:

Your gear is way better. More complete, and  I'm sure so much faster to put on. I'll work toward something similar.  And that yellow helmet is exactly what I'm looking for! What's the make and do you like it?  (The one I ordered on line was way to small, so I'm starting again). 

It is a TSG Pass acid yellow. It is made in Switzerland. Unfortunately the colour is discontinued. This years model is matt black, white or ox red. Then they might have 2 carbon versions too. It is a bit expensive but so are new teeth after a face plant. 

It has it pro and cons. 

Pros:

Streamlined and fairly light. 

Use it with visor shut or party/fully open. 

Comes with clear and either mirrored/black sun visor. 

High view angels. 

Fully open the visor acts like a flap on cap. This is how I use it in rain. 

Fits me snug.. But (see below). 

Cons:

In very cold weather it can fog up on visor, but open visor slightly solves it. 

No fast sun visor on/off. 

Due to visor is "exposed" it can get scratched if not careful. (happen to me with visor fully up and hit a door opening it, and bending down hitting a table). 

It is so sung fit on me that I can't wear any earphone. 

I miss that it is not made for pinlock (antifogging system). 

Chin strap is a double D-ring. I wish it had same fast mount release as my LS2 FF399 mc helmet. 

Visor fully closed, cuts of sensation of speed. Due to no airflow hitting your face. And lack of sound from wind too. 

So button line, is it worth it? I got mine for about 210€, and despite a few wish points I love it. I feel enclosed and safe yet not trapped. It dampens some sound but with visor 1-2 cm open you get more sound from surroundings and a sense of airflow. I am. Likely buying another this spring. Maybe a carbon version. So one is with sun visor the other with clear visor, that way I don't have to swap visor and I get two new visors with helmet that are unscathed. New visors are about 60€ each. Also if one get really wet I can use a dry one next time I ride from home. 

On 2/23/2020 at 7:53 AM, Dart said:

Why don't you try some MX Goggles with your current helmet ? I use a MX hemet (Shoei VFX ) and goggles. Like you, I wear contacts as well. Get a couple pair, clear lens ,dark lens.etc.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey thanks so much for that video.  I'm 51 and about to be a first time EUC rider and you have a niche viewpoint.  Thanks so much for the time and effort to share what you did.

• Like 1