EUC Comparison Table Project with Regular Updates & News Roundups

On 7/27/2020 at 2:01 PM, Wolverine said:

Thank you so much for this wonderful comparison table! EUC-s IP-rating is very important for me since I plan to drive in the rain (I want to get to the office and also back to home). There´s some blank cells, does that mean specific information was unavailable or there`s no IP rating at all?

The subject of IP ratings is tricky. It is supposedly some combination of difficult/expensive for a company to get a device officially IP rated/certified, and as the EUC companies are so small it's really not worth it for them.

• Segway-Ninebot is the only company I know of that actually got some of their EUCs 'officially' IP rated--of course they are much bigger than any of the other companies. But this is moot as they've since abandoned not just the EUC space but the entire self-balancing space (they even stopped producing Segways recently) and haven't been relevant in EUCs for a few years.
  • Of the companies left, InMotion is the only one that will go on record claiming their devices as meeting certain IP ratings. It is generally believed that they don't actually have the 'official' rating/certification, only that they've done their own testing and are claiming that is where it would be rated if it were officially tested.
  • None of the remaining companies--King Song, Gotway, or the new Veteran will claim anything other than their wheels being "water resistant".

Given the broader context, I have chosen to include InMotion's claimed IP ratings because I believe they are still noteworthy (InMotion has historically had better waterproofing than either King Song or Gotway, with one exception where they messed up but which has long-since been fixed), and otherwise I believe it should be applauded that InMotion communicates their devices' safe operating parameters/limitations through such an explicit standardized format (versus an ambiguous term like "water resistant"), and I believe we should push for the other companies to at least meet that same threshold.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 4:22 PM, FreeRide said:

I don't see anything in the notes about the color scheme used, is this explained somewhere?

The coloring is simply a means to divide the spectrum of options into 'chunks' to make it more easy to visualize rather than being an overwhelming wall of numbers. The 'stoplight' red/yellow/green color scheme caries fairly obvious implications, with red being a pretty significant downside or limitation, yellow being cautionary (i.e. "pay attention; this might be totally fine for some riders/contexts and yet not for others"), and green should be fine for most average riders. (And recently I started experimenting with using a darker green to highlight some outliers on the high end--for example distinguishing 100v wheels from 84v wheels, or highlighting highest speeds or largest batteries, etc.)

Of course we could debate what the thresholds for each color band should be for each particular row/metric. Is there a particular row/set of rows for which you would like explanation of why I set the thresholds for the color bands where I did?

Edited by AtlasP

• 4 weeks later...

A few notable updates:

Table contents/formatting:

• After much deliberation I decided to change how to represent tire sizes. My reasoning/conclusion is documented in a different comment from a few weeks ago, here: https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/16554-inmotion-v11-2020/?do=findComment&comment=324579
  • With the help of resident tire guru, @mrelwood, I have begun the attempt of including tire models/treads. As this changes rather frequently based on stock availability, etc, this may prove too erratic to keep up-to-date, but we're going to try for a bit and see how it goes. Note the "[WIP]" tag which means you can consider that row a work in progress and not as 'sure'/'trustworthy' as the rest of the table. I appreciate any insights or heads up as things change in that arena. (Keep in mind the table's broader context: "the table only lists specifications for the latest shipping version of each model/configuration--i.e., what you should receive if purchasing the latest version brand new from a trusted reseller." So I don't really care about a historical record of all those it shipped with at one point or another, all I care about is the latest answer of what it is shipping with now.)
  • At some point a few months ago but which I don't think ever got a mention here, I also added/unhid the 'cell type' row (which had been in the works for some time but hidden before it hit a certain stage of completion).
  • I have adjusted the threshholds for the color bands pertaining to carrying weight to be more in line with the conceptual usage of the color bands on the rest of the sheet and as explained in the previous comment here in this thread.

Specific wheel notes:

• The V2 update to the MCM5 seems to have officially replaced the V1 at ewheels (and presumably soon everywhere else when they run out of V1 stock), with a 2.5"-wide tire and bluetooth speakers, and the price bumped back up to normal. (V1 of the MCM5 was temporarily discounted presumably to clear the old stock.)
  • Monster V3 at ewheels remains out of stock with encouragement that potential buyers check out the Sherman. It really looks like that's it for old Monsters until the release of the Monster Pro (or any other vendors with old stock).
Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 2

More significant developments/updates:

• Spoke too soon RE: the V8[non-F] as ewheels seems to have a new shipment back in stock at the original $899 price, so I've temporarily re-added it to the table. Although conversely the V8 page on InMotion Global's website has been completely taken down, so it still looks like we're quite close to the end (with the V8F permanently replacing the V8 as the last V8 stock gets sold)--unless [complete speculation/hypthetical] perhaps some dealers have lobbied to keep V8 production on life-support due to its lower price-point?
  • King Song has a new/better English website complete with better/fixed/more consistent spec listings! (Not sure exactly when this happened over the past several weeks.) I have done a sweeping update to manufacturer spec listings and product page links pertaining to all King Song wheels. (This is particularly notable regarding updated wheel carrying weights and specs differentiating different battery configurations which I sincerely applaud.)
  • Interestingly, the new King Song website lists absolutely no range numbers of any kind, only battery WH. Coupled with Gotway's longstanding failure to provide configuration-specific range numbers (versus just a range of ranges per model subsuming all its various configurations), and the fact that of course all manufacturer-provided range numbers have been absolute bollocks anyway--we may be approaching a time when the majority of specific wheel configurations don't have specific manufacturer-provided ranges, and therefore perhaps time to remove the manufacturer range rows entirely, leaving just range estimates auto-calculated at ~25 Wh/mi (at least a consistent estimate) and the ewheels estimates (which were always more reasonable than the manufacturer ones). I welcome input on this.
  • Gotway/Kebye seems to be going through an identity crisis, introducing a new name 'Begode' and changing names/brands some places and not others. They have changed their English website from kebye.com to begode.com (which is mostly the same site with the same specs, just with some small cosmetic/branding differences). I have updated product page links pertaining to all Gotway/Begode/Kebye/whatever-they-want-to-be-called-now wheels. Still trying to determine which brand/'make' name I should be using (particularly in the column headings) when referencing 'the wheels formerly known as Gotway'.
Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, paulz said:

Great table, thank you.

WheelLog tells me that I frequently travel above 23 on my MTen3.   I've hit 26.

Thanks/you're welcome. :-)

The table doesn't try to propose definitive values for 'complicated' things like max speed/range/etc, it only collates what other specific popular/'trusted' community sources report--so it's a table for visualizing/comparing "what ewheels claims" or "what the manufacturer [MF] claims". But if I ever add a 'Max Speed - Paulz - mph' row to the table, I'll know what to put for the MTen3. ;-) (Not being an ass, just trying to be funny.) Tl;dr- pay attention to row labels! :-)

This is further complicated by the fact that Gotway firmwares don't really set a single objective speed limit, but instead their max speed is variable/analog and subject to the rider's weight. (This is true in some sense with all wheels' hardware, but other manufacturers tend to set a fixed limit in firmware.) So a place like ewheels is left to just pick a reasonable/practical estimate for their average customer base (with some margins) for all Gotway wheels.

--

From the Table Notes: "Rather than proposing definitive values, the table collates values from two main sources: official manufacturer spec sheets/listings, and largest western distributor, eWheels.com. How one evaluates these sources and interprets their proposed values is left to the reader. In any case such values serve mainly to provide gross relative comparisons between EUCs and should not be taken too literally."

This may seem like a weird angle or technicality to hide behind, but it's actually an important distinction. I simply don't have the means to measure/oversee the measurement of such things for every wheel directly, and I'm far too obsessed with precision/accuracy to trust random crowdsourced information (subject to differences in methodology, brand loyalties & biases, etc). But I can be precise/accurate in reporting what for example ewheels or the manufacturers claim, and then as stated in the table notes, "How one evaluates these sources and interprets their proposed values is [then] left to the reader".

Besides, if I were to start claiming definitive values, from any reader's perspective that just makes me a third source whose values they have to decide how to evaluate & interpret alongside the others. Plus I assume if they have to put trust somewhere, they'd just as soon trust ewheels or the manufacturers over me/random guy with spreadsheet (no matter how pretty my sheet is ;-) ).

Edited by AtlasP

@AtlasP Thank you for the detailed response.  I was remembering (probably incorrectly) that the mten3 was advertised at 28+, but I can't find any record of that.  I do see it variously advertised at 20+, 23+ and 25+  

On ewheel's mten3 page I see both 23+ and 25+  

Mten3-Benefits.png

On 9/9/2020 at 7:56 AM, paulz said:

I do see it variously advertised at 20+, 23+ and 25+  

Yep, hopefully my previous explanation serves to make some sense as to why every EUC reseller has to seemingly make up their own numbers regarding particularly the Gotway wheels.

On ewheel's mten3 page I see both 23+ and 25+  

Welcome to my personal hell. ;-) (I created another thread surveying this across the entire ewheels site ages ago: https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/16329-ewheels-needs-a-new-website/ ) Ultimately due to the inconsistencies within their listings, I've had to restrict to mainly using their info from "above the fold" (particularly the stats bar near the top). This seems to be the part they focus on/keep the most up-to-date (making changes to it over time), whereas they seem to be less diligent about propagating those changes further down the pages into the text paragraphs and infographics (which seem to be created when first adding a new wheel and rarely updated beyond that). Hence that's where the "23" in my table comes from. (The "+"'s generally get stripped as they complicate the conditional formatting & auto-calculations, and really it can be assumed that all Gotway speed numbers come with a +/- versus being absolute like the other brands.)

Edited by AtlasP

• 3 weeks later...

Notable updates over the past month (some of these were 2-4 weeks ago, but I tend to bundle update posts here about once a month):

• Finally added manufacturer-reported "no load speed" rows for Gotway & Veteran wheels. (I was never a fan of this number as it is logically impossible for any rider to achieve, but a lot of Gotway & Veteran riders increasingly use these numbers to compare the relative power of different models.) [Edit: all of these "no load speed" numbers come directly from the manufacturers. If you have a problem with their numbers, take it up with them.]
  • Added/updated finalized specs for Gotway RS (minor iteration of MSuper Pro)--out now--with preorders links to ewheels/EUCO/speedyfeet.
  • Added/updated currently known specs for Gotway Monster Pro (Gotway's response to the Veteran speed & range-wise, although larger & heavier)--out soon--with preorder links to EUCO/speedyfeet (not up on ewheels site yet, but rumored that you can preorder it by emailing them).
  • Added/updated currently known specs for Gotway EX (including a weight of 84 pounds/7 pounds heavier than Sherman!)--sounds like this may be delayed?
  • Added InMotion V12 with the little info currently known (100v, 16", no suspension, higher speed and longer range than any prior InMotion wheel, ETA 2021). It's my understanding this wheel was in parallel development with the V11. (So it's not that InMotion is backing down from suspension. Rather they were developing their first suspension wheel and their first 100v wheel (pre-suspension) separately/in parallel without knowing if/when either would become product viable, and ultimately both are being released as they are completed.)
Edited by AtlasP

Some of this information is incorrect.  

67V Mten3 does not have the same top speed as the 84V.  The 84V beeps at 23 mph on full battery, the 67V beeps around 18 mph.  

MCM5 V2 has a no-lift speed of 64 kmh on full battery with a app-reported top speed (before beeps) of 28 mph. 

Veteran Sherman no-lift speed is 104 kmh (or 107 kmh depending on which firmware you have). 

On 10/5/2020 at 1:37 PM, Ben Kim said:

Some of this information is incorrect.  

67V Mten3 does not have the same top speed as the 84V.  The 84V beeps at 23 mph on full battery, the 67V beeps around 18 mph.  

MCM5 V2 has a no-lift speed of 64 kmh on full battery with a app-reported top speed (before beeps) of 28 mph. 

Veteran Sherman no-lift speed is 104 kmh (or 107 kmh depending on which firmware you have). 

One must learn how to read a table, specifically to pay attention to row headings.

• The chart does not say that the 67v Mten3 has the same top speed as the 84v. It says "ewheels" lists the same speed for both, which is true. Conversely the chart also shows the manufacturer (Gotway) publishes a 'no load speed' for the 84v version but actually fails to provide any speed rating for the 67v version, which is also true. If you dislike these truths, you're welcome to contact ewheels and Gotway to dispute their numbers, but my table 100% accurately lists what it claims to, which is what those sources have published.
    • FWIW, I have been extremely vocal in trying to get ewheels to better differentiate between multiple configurations of the same model, as can be seen for example further down the thread, here: 
  • Gotway has failed to update their published 'no load speed' for the MCM5 V2 from the V1. The table correctly still lists what they still report for the MCM5 product line, although I have prefaced it with a question mark ever since the V2 release as I believed that spec to be 'stale'/no longer quite accurate--still that's what Gotway still claims for their product unless/until they rectify. You're welcome to contact Gotway to get their act together/fix and I'd love to report their updated figures.
  • The Veteran Sherman's 'no lift speed' is pulled directly from the manufacturer published specs. If you have a problem with this you're welcome to contact Veteran to resolve and I'd love to report their updated figures.

--

From the Table Notes: "Rather than proposing definitive values, the table collates values from two main sources: official manufacturer spec sheets/listings, and largest western distributor, eWheels.com. How one evaluates these sources and interprets their proposed values is left to the reader. In any case such values serve mainly to provide gross relative comparisons between EUCs and should not be taken too literally."

This may seem like a weird angle or technicality to hide behind, but it's actually an important distinction. I simply don't have the means to measure/oversee the measurement of such things for *every* wheel directly, and I'm far too obsessed with precision/accuracy to trust random crowdsourced information (subject to differences in methodology, brand loyalties & biases, etc). But I can be precise/accurate in reporting what for example ewheels or the manufacturers claim, and then as stated in the table notes, "How one evaluates these sources and interprets their proposed values is [then] left to the reader".

Besides, if I were to start claiming definitive values, from any reader's perspective that just makes me a third source whose values they have to decide how to evaluate & interpret alongside the others. Plus I assume if they have to put trust somewhere, they'd just as soon trust ewheels or the manufacturers over me/random guy with spreadsheet (no matter how pretty my sheet is ;-) ).

Edited by AtlasP

5 hours ago, AtlasP said:

One must learn how to read a table, specifically to pay attention to row headings.

• The chart does not say that the 67v Mten3 has the same top speed as the 84v. It says "ewheels" lists the same speed for both, which is true. Conversely the chart also shows the manufacturer (Gotway) publishes a 'no load speed' for the 84v version but actually fails to provide any speed rating for the 67v version, which is also true. If you dislike these truths, you're welcome to contact ewheels and Gotway to dispute their numbers, but my table 100% accurately lists what it claims to, which is what those sources have published.
    • FWIW, I have been extremely vocal in trying to get ewheels to better differentiate between multiple configurations of the same model, as can be seen for example further down the thread, here: 
  • Gotway has failed to update their published 'no load speed' for the MCM5 V2 from the V1. The table correctly still lists what they still report for the MCM5 product line, although I have prefaced it with a question mark ever since the V2 release as I believed that number to no longer be accurate--still that's what Gotway still claims for their product unless/until they rectify. You're welcome to contact Gotway to get their act together/fix and I'd love to report their updated figures.
  • The Veteran Sherman's 'no lift speed' is pulled directly from the manufacturer published specs. If you have a problem with this you're welcome to contact Veteran to resolve and I'd love to report their updated figures.

--

This may seem like a weird angle or technicality to hide behind, but it's actually an important distinction. I simply don't have the means to measure/oversee the measurement of such things for *every* wheel directly, and I'm far too obsessed with precision/accuracy to trust random crowdsourced information (subject to differences in methodology, brand loyalties & biases, etc). But I can be precise/accurate in reporting what for example ewheels or the manufacturers claim, and then as stated in the table notes, "How one evaluates these sources and interprets their proposed values is [then] left to the reader".

Well, eWheels is lazy!  But if you are going by manufacturer specified numbers, the Nikola 100V no-load speed is also incorrect; they have it listed at 84kmh (even though in real life its closer to 82). 

43 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

Well, eWheels is lazy!  But if you are going by manufacturer specified numbers, the Nikola 100V no-load speed is also incorrect; they have it listed at 84kmh (even though in real life its closer to 82). 

I don't know about lazy, just seemingly under-staffed.

Re: the 100v Nik+ 'no load speed', tell it to Gotway/Begode:

nik100v.png

Edited by AtlasP

• 1 month later...

Notable updates from the past ~month, mid-Nov 2020 edition:

• Both 67.2v/420Wh/$650 and 84v/512Wh/$999 editions of the MTen3 have been consolidated to and replaced by a single new 84v/460Wh edition with a black, feaux-carbon-fiber shell for $780, at least on Ewheels. (The new shell had been shown/known about for a couple months, but the consolidation of voltage/battery configurations was news to me.)
  • The last of the 84v Nikolas, the larger 2100wh version, now sold out everywhere/presumably permanently?
  • With the prior point, Gotway's abandonment of the higher-end 84v space/discontinuing 84v editions of everything larger than the Tesla appears to be complete.
  • Tesla price drop on Ewheels from $1450 to $1350. (Completely unfounded wild speculation--new Tesla coming? Would love to see the 2.5" wide tire and higher pedals of this year's MCM5 refresh come to a new Tesla refresh.)
  • Mcm5 price drop on Ewheels from $1349 to $1299.
Edited by AtlasP

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, DragonFZ said:

Great work and update on the Chart.  Thank you very much for doing this.

Currently, a 16X owner

My issue is, I still can't decide which wheel to get... Sherman or V11

Thanks for the kind words. :-) I think a lot of people are wrestling with the same choice as those are two of the most notable/recommendable wheels from this year. Ultimately it comes down to the type of rider you are and use-case--both have unique stand-out strengths with straightforward corresponding limitations/drawbacks.

Edited by AtlasP

Notable updates from the past ~month, mid-Dec 2020 edition:

• It looks like Gotway has indeed universally changed their name to Begode, not just in western markets as originally believed. I've gone ahead and updated this throughout.
  • Last month's speculation about a new Tesla revision turned out to be true (albeit not with the hoped 2.5" tire or higher pedal clearance). I have added currently known details on the new 'T3' (spiritually the 'Tesla V3') with a larger, 1500 Wh (!) battery but otherwise a bit wider/heavier as a result, and a rumored ewheels price of $1590. Not available from any of the main western resellers yet.
  • It looks like all the Begode fall releases other than the RS have slipped to next year, as none of the EX, EX.N, Monster Pro, or T3 seem to have made it to western resellers yet.
  • Sometime last month, this project was the victim of plagiarism by a prominent YouTuber. In response to a thread on the subject, ultimately the offending party did acknowledge, issued an apology for, and proposed a resolution--and I have accepted both their apology and the resolution outlined. The original thread with details can be found here: https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/21009-resolved-blatant-content-theftplagiarism-by-youtuber/ . (If nothing else I ask you to consider reading my closing thoughts, here: https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/21009-resolved-blatant-content-theftplagiarism-by-youtuber/?do=findComment&comment=348289 .)
Edited by AtlasP

• 5 weeks later...

Mid-January update:

• Sweeping updates to Begode.com have cleaned up/removed a lot of discontinued configurations & related info and added/updated/confirmed a lot of missing or outdated specs for those remaining. I have made a sweep/revision of all Begode wheels which filled in several blanks and corrected some outdated numbers post-hardware-revisions. (Most notably affecting the MTen3, MCM5 V2, Nikola+, and others.)
  • Updated specs & links for the EX.N which has been officially confirmed with a page & specs on begode.com. (Interestingly the original EX page on begode.com still only contains pictures with no specs.)
  • Updated specs & links for the Monster Pro which now has an official page & specs on begode.com.
  • Ewheels price drop on the Nikola+ from $2200 to $2050.
  • Even though all traces of the 84v/2100Wh version of the Nikola+ have been wiped from begode.com, ewheels apparently has them back in stock so I have re-added to the table, at least temporarily. (Once again I believe these are still on their way out along with all 84v Begode SKUs larger than the Tesla/now T3, it's just a matter of these last shipments/stock lasting.)
  • Shortages of the LG M50T have prompted several manufacturers to swap to the Samsung 50G at least temporarily. This is a slight upgrade if anything so nothing to worry about. It's also interesting to see the Samsung 50G now mentioned explicitly alongside the M50T on several Begode pages particularly for newer releases, which makes me wonder how long this might last/if things could stay this way.
  • Clarification/correction regarding MTen3 configurations. It looks like while Begode has indeed retired all 67.2V configurations of the MTen3, there will still remain both a 460 Wh & 512 Wh 84V configurations (even though it appears Ewheels is only currently stocking the 460 Wh one).
  • No direct impact on table, but in wider EUC news there have been several fires lately all centered around Begode wheels. (Most recently/prominently affecting a shipping container to ewheels: https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/21431-another-fire/ ) 
Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 3

On 1/14/2021 at 12:44 PM, AtlasP said:

Mid-January update:

• Sweeping updates to Begode.com have cleaned up/removed a lot of discontinued configurations & related info and added/updated/confirmed a lot of missing or outdated specs for those remaining. I have made a sweep/revision of all Begode wheels which filled in several blanks and corrected some outdated numbers post-hardware-revisions. (Most notably affecting the MTen3, MCM5 V2, Nikola+, and others.)
  • Updated specs & links for the EX.N which has been officially confirmed with a page & specs on begode.com. (Interestingly the original EX page on begode.com still only contains pictures with no specs.)
  • Updated specs & links for the Monster Pro which now has an official page & specs on begode.com.
  • Ewheels price drop on the Nikola+ from $2200 to $2050.
  • Even though all traces of the 84v/2100Wh version of the Nikola+ have been wiped from begode.com, ewheels apparently has them back in stock so I have re-added to the table, at least temporarily. (Once again I believe these are still on their way out along with all 84v Begode SKUs larger than the Tesla/now T3, it's just a matter of these last shipments/stock lasting.)
  • Shortages of the LG M50T have prompted several manufacturers to swap to the Samsung 50G at least temporarily. This is a slight upgrade if anything so nothing to worry about. It's also interesting to see the Samsung 50G now mentioned explicitly alongside the M50T on several Begode pages particularly for newer releases, which makes me wonder how long this might last/if things could stay this way.
  • Clarification/correction regarding MTen3 configurations. It looks like while Begode has indeed retired all 67.2V configurations of the MTen3, there will still remain both a 460 Wh & 512 Wh 84V configurations (even though it appears Ewheels is only currently stocking the 460 Wh one).
  • No direct impact on table, but in wider EUC news there have been several fires lately all centered around Begode wheels. (Most recently/prominently affecting a shipping container to ewheels: https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/21431-another-fire/ ) 

wow!  What a gem, thanks AtlasP!  When I was planning my purchase I wish I found this earlier.  I ended up with V11, and I'm very pleased, but I really could have used the one-stop shopping for the stats.  I did not find any one site that had 100% accurate info and I had to aggregate data from several sites to get the complete picture on the v11 wheel.  All data on V11 I just checked included all the aggregate data I found between each batch of the wheel.

• Like 1

You know what would be cool in this dataset,  it would be good for somewhere to track iteration or batch changes in terms of specs of wheels as it could really help folks mostly in the used market but may affect folks selling new wheels close to an iteration rev.  Based on which batch may slightly change stats of some wheels.  Some stat changes are just software that you can just update, others are hardware locked and may help decide on a wheel.

• 1 month later...

Mid-March update:

I haven't gone AWOL and continue monitoring all the usual places to keep the sheet up-to-date, there just hasn't been much concrete news or changes regarding specific makes/models/specs the last couple of winter months. Of course there are lots of rumors and speculation in the lead-up to forthcoming spring announcements, just nothing officially confirmed yet--hopefully soon.

The one exception/huge piece of news from just the other day is that apparently eWheels will be contracting a third-party company to produce battery packs for use in forthcoming Begode wheels, supposedly starting w/ the Monster Pro and EX. (Hence the delay on eWheels officially listing those models for sale on their site.) More backstory, here:

Otherwise if I've missed anything else that would have impact on the sheet (particularly any price changes as those fluctuate constantly), please chime in and let me know. :-)

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

@AtlasPFYI you might wanna update some on the MCM5v2. Pedal height is 140mm/5.5" & no load speed is 60.2kph/37.4mph. The 14x2.5" tire looks like a CST C-1488 but I can't be 100% as its not stated on the tire. Awesome otherwise. Great work

17 hours ago, Scottie888 said:

@AtlasPFYI you might wanna update some on the MCM5v2. Pedal height is 140mm/5.5" & no load speed is 60.2kph/37.4mph. The 14x2.5" tire looks like a CST C-1488 but I can't be 100% as its not stated on the tire. Awesome otherwise. Great work

Yeah, Begode is always slow to (or sometimes they never) update their posted specs post-hardware-revisions. I had marked those entries as 'stale'/questionable using question marks (& the corresponding conditional highlighting) ever since the release of the V2 but before they had updated their posted specs.

Revisting Begode's site again now it appears they have finally updated at least the pedal height and weight for the V2 and so I have updated those on my table using their revised numbers. (Thanks for the heads up.) However they're still listing 53 km/h as the 'no load speed' for their MCM line and so that will be staying on my chart (with the question mark/highlighting) as it is. I truly appreciate heads up on this kind of info while simultaneously being strict that I don't report mere "crowdsourced" information, only official specs from the sources denoted on the row headings. --with the question marks and/or highlighting and/or strikethroughs denoting where I think an official spec/claim is questionable or outright bogus.

Also thanks for the kind words. :-)

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

• AtlasP changed the title to EUC Comparison Table Project with Regular Updates & News Roundups
  • RagingGrandpa unpinned this topic