EUC Comparison Table Project with Regular Updates & News Roundups

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of updates the past couple weeks between the addition of two new flagship wheels with suspension (InMotion V11 and King Song S18), the addition of a lower-torque/higher-speed MSXPro version and a lot of general cleanup around Nikola/Nikola+ and MSX/MSXPro versions (as Gotway deprecates 18650+100v configurations in favor of solely 21700+100v configurations), some ewheels price reductions, and probably a lot of other small changes I'm forgetting to mention here.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 3

Sorry for the repeat, the update table is here...

Thank you very much for the table. :)

Sorry to ask for it, but instead of manually inputting the weight in Kg in your table, which is very often missing, would it be possible to input a formula (1 lb = 0.454 kg)?

As I am not that good into on the spot calculus :whistling:, it would be very helpful for me ... (and I guess many people outside US)

I answered this in the other thread. The chart has separate rows for values provided by ewheels (only imperial) as well as by manufacturers (both imperial and metric). There are already auto-calculations for the manufacturer-provided values when they provide one and not the other. (The manufacturer-provided values are in black whereas the auto-calculations are in gray.) I do not manually enter conversions; sometimes a manufacturer will do their own conversion and provide both, in which case I include both of their listed numbers in black.

Any values "missing" are because the manufacturer has failed to provide those values/values specific to each configuration (versus just for a range of confiurations)--Gotway is the biggest offender at this.

I provided more background on this in my answer in the other thread.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 3:48 PM, SamSuffit said:

,would it be possible to input a formula (1 lb = 0.454 kg)?

I love this Comparison Table--it's my go-to reference. The format updates are great!

If you download and save a local copy you can modify it and create your own simple formula where you want it. 

For example, the forumula for the Gotway MTen3 becomes:
=ROUND(H32*0.45359237,1)

You can then Copy (CTRL-C) the MTen3 formula from H34 and Paste it in I34 (CTRL-V) or any other cell (like J34, Z34) with a repeated CTRL-V.

Edited by WI_Hedgehog

MAINTENANCE PAGE:

Professional Products Tire Gauge 11101 shows as unavailable, this tire gauge is the one I use and it works excellent:

JACO ElitePro Tire Pressure Gauge - 60 PSI

The armored jacket link isn't working ( https://lazyrolling.com/products/armored-jacket )

The battery-powered air pump listed is probably going to fail within a year, the cells are very cheap. A better option might be a small hand pump:
Schwinn Mini Bike Frame to Floor Bicycle Pump with Gauge 

On 4/11/2020 at 9:17 PM, WI_Hedgehog said:

You can then Copy (CTRL-C) the MTen3 formula from H34 and Paste it in I34 (CTRL-V) or any other cell (like J34, Z34) with a repeated CTRL-V.

I rearranged some rows in the past day or two so those particular cell references no longer make sense, but even with the previous arrangement it still didn't make sense conceptually--you would have to create a new row, 'eWheels - <metric>', to put such a formula in. Otherwise I believe this line of thinking is still failing to acknowledge the logical meaning of the row headings. There is and should be no computational relationship between the eWheels numbers and the Manufacturer specs. One should not populate a Manufacturer spec row with a formula calculated from an eWheels row, or vice versa. (The whole point of the current organization is to show the relationship between Manufacturer claims and eWheels claims--sometimes they align, sometimes they're slightly different, sometimes they're drastically different.)

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 2

I agree @AtlasP that a new row is technically a better solution. I was trying to keep it simple for someone not good with spreadsheets to use/modify existing formulas and get "close enough" results for their own purposes, though yes, a new row with new formulas is the proper way to do it.

:mellow:.

On 4/13/2020 at 9:05 AM, WI_Hedgehog said:

MAINTENANCE PAGE:

Professional Products Tire Gauge 11101 shows as unavailable, this tire gauge is the one I use and it works excellent:

JACO ElitePro Tire Pressure Gauge - 60 PSI

The armored jacket link isn't working ( https://lazyrolling.com/products/armored-jacket )

The battery-powered air pump listed is probably going to fail within a year, the cells are very cheap. A better option might be a small hand pump:
Schwinn Mini Bike Frame to Floor Bicycle Pump with Gauge 

Sorry the links in that section frequently break/change and I don't audit them quite as aggressively as I do the main page (which usually gets edited at least weekly).

• I fixed a couple of the broken links/replaced them with other products/form-factors I like.
  • The Lazyrolling people keep changing their lineup and naming scheme and therefore links (calling the previous version the year XXXX edition, etc), so I've just replaced the particular product links with a general link to the Lazyrolling homepage.
  • As much as people downplay the super-cheap and questionable $~30 electric pumps from China, I still personally prefer them over a manual pump (with many decent manual pumps costing at least $20-30+ anyway). It's not even so much about electric vs manual pumping (although that's certainly nice), the primary feature is being able to set it to automatically inflate to a specific PSI--particularly useful when maintaining several wheels in quick succession. Honestly I wouldn't even care if the battery died on one of them, I don't carry it on me/only use it at home or out of the back of my car where I could just as easily plug it in.
    • All that said, since the links on these keep breaking I did remove the old one and haven't bothered replacing it with a new one/link. The top advice for that section should suffice (really any air inflator is fine, with me only just recommending getting one with a lock-on, instead of a screw-on, chuck.)
Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 2

Did you notice columns T, AC, AL, AM, AQ, and AR are hidden?

Is this because they're no longer supported?

If so, maybe unhide row 1 and make the background gray for that column in that cell so we know what's out of production? (and update the Table Notes)

As a note, I use a similar pump as linked + a 6" screw-on flexible extension (similar product)--screw-on isn't great, but it fits. The pump isn't nicely backpackable. I have a smaller pump ordered.

Edited by WI_Hedgehog

On 4/16/2020 at 5:45 PM, WI_Hedgehog said:

Did you notice columns T, AC, AL, AM, AQ, and AR are hidden?

Is this because they're no longer supported?

If so, maybe unhide row 1 and make the background gray for that column in that cell so we know what's out of production? (and update the Table Notes)

*chuckles* Yes of course I know there are many columns and rows hidden. There are two things going on here:

1. Part of what I think makes my table so useful/popular compared to other similar projects is that mine is focused on visualizing just the set of models/configurations which are currently and widely available (and which people are looking to compare if in the market for a new wheel). This requires aggressively culling older models/configurations which are no longer being sold by the main distributors in order to maintain my table's usefulness as a quick top-down visualization/comparison tool, or else it devolves into a mess of just too many different models/configurations including like eight variations on one wheel and too many old ones which are not really relevant to someone just trying to compare wheels they might buy today. (Many other similar projects by people who are similarly obsessed with data like me tend to just accrue more and more data and in so doing become increasingly less and less useful as a visualization tool--they instead just become bloated/overwhelming historical databases.)
    • Of course when a wheel is first being deprecated I don't want to completely obliterate record of it as this data is sometimes still useful to me (both as a historical reference and when trying to determine/verify if a new wheel's specs make sense in the broader context of its product/brand lineage, etc), so I often hide those columns at first, and then over time I end up culling completely those that have fallen far enough out of relevancy.
  2. Likewise the table is both simultaneously a live online document people are consulting as well as the place I am collecting data and live-editing that which might eventually be published. Therefore I often have hidden rows dedicated to specs I am in the process of adding or am considering adding, but which in their current form I am not comfortable having published alongside the set of information I am more confident in. Over time some of those rows might eventually become finalized and unhidden, or I might refactor them into something/somewhere else on the sheet, or I might give-up on that particular spec and eventually delete the hidden row entirely.
Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 2

I like the history to see where technology has been, plus it helps predict when a new model and what capabilities can be expected. Maybe you could move columns to a Historical tab? (obviously I love this tool!)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Stillhart said:

For the gear recommendations, the knee and elbow guards are both uh... slide on?... style.  Do you have any recommendations that are strap on?  Or is there a reason that the slide on is preferred?

Sorry, no, there's no reason (that I know of) to prefer only slide-on. As it says at the top there, that particular section is very underdeveloped at this point. I tried a few pads people recommended which I personally didn't like for various reasons, until I found those which I do like, but I just haven't gotten around to surveying a wider set of them to list a bunch of options there yet (and I don't like listing options from random forum recommendations without having a chance to check them out myself first).

For more safety-gear recommendations I suggest searching the forums for whole threads on the topic with lots of options. (Until maybe one day I get around to expanding that section.)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Preston Palmer said:

The link gives me the following error:  This item might not exist or is no longer available

Excel Online will do that sometimes for no real reason. I assure you it's still there and nothing has changed. Just try again later, preferably with a real computer (instead of a phone or tablet--it's more likely to choke on those for some reason) and/or with a different browser.

2 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

Excel Online will do that sometimes for no real reason. I assure you it's still there and nothing has changed. Just try again later, preferably with a real computer (instead of a phone or tablet--it's more likely to choke on those for some reason) and/or with a different browser.

Trying on a real computer with Chrome.  I get the same error....

My working theory has been that it's likely a problem with a combination of the 1drv.ms shortener/redirection MS uses and some people's setups (ISP/DNS server/weird firewall config/VPNs/etc). You can try this longform URL instead: https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=5C7F7C96B9CB240D!453580&authkey=!AH72KLYXambSLHc . (Please let me know if this one works for you if the other doesn't.)

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Several weeks' worth of updates to the sheet to report.

• The V11 continues to look better and better with an overall very favorable review by Kuji, coupled with spec updates including an updated battery (to 1500Wh) and faster top speed (bumped to 55 km/h above 80% battery, and otherwise guaranteed 50km/h all the way down to 30% battery!).
  • All 84v SKUs of the MSX are officially gone/retired and therefore the MSX is officially gone/retired, leaving only the 100v MSPro's to replace them.
  • Finally it looks like the new 72 lb behemoth wheel from new brand, Veteran (comprised of former Gotway employees--trouble at Gotway?) is indeed coming to market and supposedly coming to ewheels in the relatively near future. (No similar word on the Iron-101 by Iron Korea.)
Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Time marches on with lots of changes to the current state of the lineup:

• Pour one out for the greatest-selling EUC of all time--the V8 is now permanently sold-out almost everywhere and formally succeeded by the V8F (a straight upgrade anyway). Edit: spoke too soon RE: the V8[non-F] as ewheels seems to have a new shipment back in stock at the original $899 price, so I've temporarily re-added it to the table. Although conversely the V8 page on InMotion Global's website has been completely taken down, so it still looks like we're quite close to the end.
  • The 324 Wh + 84v mten3 appears to be no more, condensing to just two models of mten3.
  • Added the KS-16XS. (This was originally skipped back when it seemed none of the western distributers were going to pick it up and it was only available via aliexpress, but at some point over the past year both ewheels and EUCO started carrying it, therefore added.)
  • The 1600 Wh + 84v Nikola is now gone/sold-out almost everywhere as Gotway continues abandoning 84v on anything larger/more expensive than the Tesla; only the 2100 Wh + 84v Nikola remains (but presumably only until current stock runs out).
  • The KS-18L is now gone/sold-out almost everywhere. This seems permanently killed by the KS-S18 which is pretty much a straight upgrade to the 18L for near the same price. (Do not confuse this with the KS-18XL which remains and is still going strong.)
  • Removed the Z10 which is long-since dead after Ninebot's abandonment of it.
  • eWheels appears sold out of all Monsters with no listed restock date, perhaps gone until the Monster Pro rumored for later this year?
Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

@AtlasP

Hello,

Thank you so much for this wonderful comparison table! EUC-s IP-rating is very important for me since I plan to drive in the rain (I want to get to the office and also back to home). There´s some blank cells, does that mean specific information was unavailable or there`s no IP rating at all?

• Like 1

• AtlasP changed the title to EUC Comparison Table Project with Regular Updates & News Roundups
  • RagingGrandpa unpinned this topic