EUC Comparison Table Project with Regular Updates & News Roundups

2 hours ago, AtlasP said:

Yeah, Begode is always slow to (or sometimes they never) update their posted specs post-hardware-revisions. I had marked those entries as 'stale'/questionable using question marks (& the corresponding conditional highlighting) ever since the release of the V2 but before they had updated their posted specs.

Revisting Begode's site again now it appears they have finally updated at least the pedal height and weight for the V2 and so I have updated those on my table using their revised numbers. (Thanks for the heads up.) However they're still listing 53 km/h as the 'no load speed' for their MCM line and so that will be staying on my chart (with the question mark/highlighting) as it is. I truly appreciate heads up on this kind of info while simultaneously being strict that I don't report mere "crowdsourced" information, only official specs from the sources denoted on the row headings. --with the question marks and/or highlighting and/or strikethroughs denoting where I think an official spec/claim is questionable or outright bogus.

Also thanks for the kind words. :-)

No worries, tis all good. Its funny that my MCM5v2 free spins >53kph at 36% battery. One would think BG would wanna update it for bragging rights at the very least. Afterall, its likely best in class for a number of metrics. 

_20210313_185326.png

• 3 weeks later...

I think the KS-18 should be 48.5 lbs per Ewheels, ~48 per the mfr.  I'm not sure if they are taking license to round down from 48.5, or if Ewheels rounds to the nearest half pound, or rounding from KGs and then converting.  It's fewer than 55 lbs, anyway.  I suddenly find myself strongly considering the KS-18!

Curious where all the data on the msx/ msp ht & hs went?  It was there last week...I understand that they are out of production, but they are a helpful comparison to the rs, and others.. also many people still riding them.

On 4/3/2021 at 5:34 AM, PatrickD said:

I think the KS-18 should be 48.5 lbs per Ewheels, ~48 per the mfr.  I'm not sure if they are taking license to round down from 48.5, or if Ewheels rounds to the nearest half pound, or rounding from KGs and then converting.  It's fewer than 55 lbs, anyway.  I suddenly find myself strongly considering the KS-18!

I'm afraid both your and ewheels' info is out of date. The prototype S18 was in the upper 40's lbs, but the weight increased substantially from the prototype to the final release at 25kg/55lbs. In addition to King Song's disclosing of this increase when it happened, this is also correctly documented in the official specs posted on kingsong.com:

5f8f86846414c.jpg

The whole "S18 is substantially lighter than V11" fallacy is a remnant of keyboard warriors arguing in forums based on initial prototype specs & videos made about those prototype wheels. (And some of those youtube personalities who still repeat this error from their experience with the prototype wheels without keeping up to date on such changes.) In actuality the final two production wheels at launch through today are within ~2kg/~4lbs of one another, a negligible difference.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

On 4/3/2021 at 7:55 AM, Mrd777 said:

Curious where all the data on the msx/ msp ht & hs went?  It was there last week...I understand that they are out of production, but they are a helpful comparison to the rs, and others.. also many people still riding them.

As per the table notes:

"This table focuses on the current subset of Electric Unicycles (EUCs) widely available through trusted resellers in North America and Europe. (Compared to the wider range of models and configurations ever made or only available in Asia or through importers.) ... Similarly the table only lists specifications for the latest shipping version of each model/configuration--i.e., what you should receive if purchasing the latest version brand new from a trusted reseller."

--

The MSP was discontinued and ewheels sold out of them something like half a year ago now, and EUCO sold out of old stock sometime within the past several months (I confess I don't always monitor EUCO's availability as closely). Are there MSP's out there in the wild today?--absolutely. (And it's still a great wheel for those who have them.) Can someone in North America buy a brand new one anywhere reputable?--not to my knowledge. (I myself ride a version of Nikola+ that is discontinued/no longer available anywhere new and therefore which is no longer listed on my own chart.)

Begode doesn't even list it on their own website (which they're generally pretty bad about updating/keeping up to date, and yet in this instance they went out of their way to remove it entirely): 3712835.jpg

--

More broadly, as per the usual annual cycle I'm in the middle of a 'spring cleaning' and clearing out a number of old models/configurations that were long in the tooth and have gone out of stock over the winter and are now gone for good, to make room for the set of new wheels likely to be announced and launching over this spring & summer. (Basically coinciding with the same spring cleaning that the resellers are also doing.) As always I am keeping track of and will be publishing an update post in the next week or two documenting those changes in concert with a round-up of general news from this past month. :-)

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, AtlasP said:

I'm afraid both your and ewheels' info is extremely out of date. The prototype S18 was in the upper 40's lbs, but the weight increased substantially from the prototype to the final release at 25kg/55lbs. In addition to King Song's disclosing of this increase when it happened, this is also correctly documented in the official specs posted on kingsong.com:

The whole "S18 is substantially lighter than V11" fallacy is a remnant of keyboard warriors arguing in forums based on initial prototype specs & videos made about those prototype wheels. (And some of those youtube personalities who still repeat this error from their experience with the prototype wheels without keeping up to date on such changes.) In actuality the final two production wheels at launch through today are within ~2kg of one another, a negligible difference.

My source was mykingsong.com.  I guess that's not the official page.  Sometimes it's hard to tell.  I guess I should have had the basic insight to go to kingsong.com!  Sorry about that.

Yes, "substantially lighter" wasn't super clear to me.  I don't find five pounds to be negligible, and for a five pound difference I would still prefer the S18 to the V11, but it certainly isn't the appreciable difference I hoped it was.

So, this is all very sad then.  I guess I will have to just keep fantasizing and hope that one day a lighter and slower version will come about.  Thanks!

On 4/4/2021 at 7:30 AM, PatrickD said:

My source was mykingsong.com.  I guess that's not the official page.  Sometimes it's hard to tell.  I guess I should have had the basic insight to go to kingsong.com!  Sorry about that.

Yes, "substantially lighter" wasn't super clear to me.  I don't find five pounds to be negligible, and for a five pound difference I would still prefer the S18 to the V11, but it certainly isn't the appreciable difference I hoped it was.

So, this is all very sad then.  I guess I will have to just keep fantasizing and hope that one day a lighter and slower version will come about.  Thanks!

Ahh, I understand the confusion. MyKingSong.com, like MyInMotion.com, are both just portals owned/run by EUCO (EUCO.us). The official English-language sites for the main EUC manufacturers are: inmotionworld.com, kingsong.com, and begode.com . (Veteran still doesn't have a website.) These are also linked on the very bottom left of my table. More broadly, trying to sort through all the contradictory info out there is indeed confusing/downright frustrating, and why my chart exists in the first place. :-)

Regarding device weights, pretty much all the higher-end-yet-mainstream wheels (i.e. excluding the Sherman and latest ~$3500 Begode wheels) are essentially between just 55-60 lbs/quite a narrow band all things considered. And in my experience with these wheels in person I think you'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference between any of the ones within that band--Nikola+, RS, S18, V11, etc--unless perhaps you have them physically side-by-side to compare. (And even then, other details--like differences in their carrying handles such as the Nikola's awkward handle--can have just as much impact to perceived weight & carry-ability as a few pounds either way.)

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 3

True.  Most high end EUCs are 55-60.  I guess I am waiting for ~45 lbs or fewer suspension wheel with a good handle. 

Thanks for the website references. I will look into those next time before commenting. :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Denny Paul said:

Would it be possible to make another tab/sheet in the same spreadsheet that essentially is an archive of info for discontinued wheels?

seems like it would be valuable for used wheel comparisons, and seems like a waste to spend the time to compile the data for it to just go poof

I think this is so needed, maybe if there were two pages, one concentrating on new wheels on the market, and one showing all wheels that we have data on. This way people can make direct comparisons on a possible upgrade or not.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Denny Paul said:

Would it be possible to make another tab/sheet in the same spreadsheet that essentially is an archive of info for discontinued wheels?

seems like it would be valuable for used wheel comparisons, and seems like a waste to spend the time to compile the data for it to just go poof

1 hour ago, Mrd777 said:

I think this is so needed, maybe if there were two pages, one concentrating on new wheels on the market, and one showing all wheels that we have data on. This way people can make direct comparisons on a possible upgrade or not.

I'm sorry to disappoint, but this was addressed multiple times earlier in this thread:

Edited by AtlasP

Beginning of April/Spring update

Major news highlights:

• Details on the forthcoming InMotion V12 have been leaked from an FCC filing including the official user manual with specs (100v/43mph, traditional motor/non-hollow-bore). This appears to be a very strong challenger to the Nikola+/RS. Specs added to table.
  • At this point all of: the EX, EX.N, and Monster Pro can be considered officially released and in-stock (not just pre-orders) at multiple resellers including EUCO--all except the largest EUC distributor Ewheels which doesn't even have pre-order pages for any of these wheels. Coupled with earlier reports (on the back of the recent Begode fires) that Ewheels was seeking/arranging an alternate battery pack manufacturer for use inside future Begode wheels, and I think the news/headline for this should read either: "Despite at least three high-profile Begode releases since then, largest EUC distributor hasn't carried a new Begode launch in over 6 months/since the RS back in October" or else "largest EUC distributor seemingly decides new Begode launches with their OEM battery packs unfit for sale, at least not without major changes". (Don't shoot the messenger. ¯\_()_/¯ ) Here's hoping we get an official statement from Ewheels soon. (Ref: https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/22147-ewheels-contracts-outside-company-for-custom-battery-packs/ )

Table updates:

• Added leaked V12 specs.
  • Updated EUCO links & prices for the EX, EX.N, and Monster Pro.
  • Sherman price increase on Ewheels to $3199.
  • As per the usual annual cycle, resellers and therefore also I have been clearing out a number of old models/configurations that have been discontinued and/or sold out over the winter and have not returned.
    • MSPro discontinued, now sold out everywhere and removed. (Succeeded by the RS.)
    • Monster V3 long-since sold out everywhere/not carried anywhere and removed. (De facto succeeded by the Monster Pro even though technically the V3 hasn't been discontinued yet--although it's not carried anywhere so it might as well be.)
    • Nik+ 84v/2100Wh config long-since discontinued, once again sold out everywhere/presumed gone for good this time and removed. (100v/1800Wh config of course remains.)
    • KS-14D 340Wh config sold out from Ewheels and not carried anywhere else so removed. (420Wh config remains.)
  • EUCO seems to be filling some of the gaps in their entry-level lineup. (Not sure exactly when these were added over this past winter.)
    • Added KS-14D/420Wh at a competitive $799 ($50 cheaper than Ewheels).
    • Added KS-16S/840Wh again competitive at $1199 ($50 cheaper than Ewheels).
  • Resolved ambiguity surrounding EUCO's stocked version of MTen3.

As always, tips regarding any changes I've missed on either the official manufacturer or reseller websites are welcome (particularly regarding model/configuration availability or price changes). :-)

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 3

I like the historical EUC entries too, so occasionally I save a copy of the Excel file and integrate the old stuff back in with an extra row that shows they're No Longer Available. It's neat to see the progression of the wheels. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All.

How are you?

I am thinking to buy an EUC.

My 1st choice criteria is the reliability.

My 2nd criteria relates to my passion for curving (with the motorcycle, with the skies, with the skateboard what I really love is extreme curving).

Can you please address me toward the ultimate machines that fit these 2 requirements?

Thanks a lot for sharing your expertise

Best

mike

On 5/5/2021 at 12:56 AM, Phantom377 said:

Hi All.

How are you?

I am thinking to buy an EUC.

My 1st choice criteria is the reliability.

My 2nd criteria relates to my passion for curving (with the motorcycle, with the skies, with the skateboard what I really love is extreme curving).

Can you please address me toward the ultimate machines that fit these 2 requirements?

Thanks a lot for sharing your expertise

Best

mike

Hello Mike. :-) When requesting wheel recommendations, it is important to include your approximate weight, price range, and general usage scenario(s)--desired top speeds/general attitude towards speed, desired/needed range (particularly any fixed commutes), where you plan to use it (whether mostly just bike paths or what types of roads or any off-roading, etc), how much you may need to carry it (i.e. in conjunction with public transpo or living on a third-floor walk-up or something), etc. Never trust wheel recommendations from people who offer them without first having this type of information about your context.

Edited by AtlasP

On 7/27/2020 at 3:05 AM, AtlasP said:
  • Removed the Z10 which is long-since dead after Ninebot's abandonment of it.

It would be still quite useful to have it listed (perhaps somewhere aside to indicated the "dead" status), to be able to compare the parameters of a wheel that's still actively used with the newer models ...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oxiin said:

It would be still quite useful to have it listed (perhaps somewhere aside to indicated the "dead" status), to be able to compare the parameters of a wheel that's still actively used with the newer models ...

Agreed!

@AtlasPWhy remove data you laboriously (and bravely:thumbup:) assembled? Just move it into a "old wheels, no longer sold new" table or something:)

• 3 weeks later...

May update:

• V12 officially up for pre-order on Ewheels, price confirmed via email at $2199.
  • Another Sherman price increase. Straight from Ewheels: "Due to a doubling in battery cell price, the Sherman’s cost has increased to $3,499. If you [had] an existing deposit, the early price will be honored."
  • EUCO has dropped the price of the EX.N to $2990.
  • Tesla V2 now sold out most places and confirmed as discontinued. Interestingly this quote on Ewheels is the first mention on the site of any of the new Begode/Gotway wheels in over 6 months/since the RS: "Tesla V2 Discontinued, will be replaced by the Tesla V3 [sic, actually now renamed the T3 by Begode] 1,500Wh". (Still no word from Ewheels on the EX, EX.N, Monster Pro, or any hinted release date for the T3, even though all four of these are already available from other retailers.)
  • Interestingly, Ewheels has lowered their recommended weight limit for both suspension wheels they carry, the S18 and V11, from 330 lbs to 300 lbs. (For those unaware, all of the major manufacturers advertise much lower, more conservative recommended weight limits, which Ewheels normally eschews in favor of their own, higher estimations which they often adjust as they get more data from riders. This is one such adjustment.)
  • Ewheels has (re-)added the 84v/512Wh configuration of the MTen3 at $999, in addition to the 84v/460Wh configuration for $780 they've been carrying.
  • New reseller Alien Rides has announced a new model/configuration of Nikola contracted by them to be made by Begode: the Nikola AR+. This is basically the 100v Nikola+ with an extra battery pack bringing total battery capacity to 2700Wh and otherwise mostly cosmetic/branding changes to lights and things featuring the Alien Rides/AR logo. Available at: https://alienrides.com/collections/electric-unicycles/products/nikola-ar-plus-electric-unicycle
  • EUCO had a fire a few weeks ago, cause yet unknown (at least not publicly). Story here: https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/23165-fire-at-euco/
Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/10/2020 at 1:45 PM, AtlasP said:

Lots of updates the past couple weeks between the addition of two new flagship wheels with suspension (InMotion V11 and King Song S18), the addition of a lower-torque/higher-speed MSXPro version and a lot of general cleanup around Nikola/Nikola+ and MSX/MSXPro versions (as Gotway deprecates 18650+100v configurations in favor of solely 21700+100v configurations), some ewheels price reductions, and probably a lot of other small changes I'm forgetting to mention here.

Hi, thanks for creating this great table, forgive me I'm new to EUCsbut I cannot seem to find the MSX or MSXPro in the table. What am I missing?
Cheers

• Like 1

15 hours ago, skydiverv said:

Hi, thanks for creating this great table, forgive me I'm new to EUCsbut I cannot seem to find the MSX or MSXPro in the table. What am I missing?
Cheers

The MSX line was discontinued and replaced by the RS line around three-quarters of a year ago. For someone shopping new, the MSX/MSX Pro are unavailable and irrelevent; for someone shopping used, that's beyond our scope but using the RS entries in the table is a suitable proxy.

This table focuses on the current subset of Electric Unicycles (EUCs) widely available through trusted resellers in North America and Europe. (Compared to the wider range of models and configurations ever made or only available in Asia or through importers.)

Similarly the table only lists specifications for the latest shipping version of each model/configuration--i.e., what you should receive if purchasing the latest version brand new from a trusted reseller. Older stock or used EUCs may have slight differences. (EUC manufacturers often make revisions over a model's life cycle such that its specifications actually change over time.)

Edited by AtlasP

18 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Do you have the old wheel info in some other table? It would be a shame if it just got lost/deleted! You put so much effort into collecting all the numbers.

There are a few stand-out members of this forum like yourself meep who I find myself regularly agreeing with and commenting alongside in support of what I believe are the obvious 'right' answers on various subjects/issues, and as opposed to the many kooks this hobby/forum seems to attract.

But on this issue, I'm not sure how to translate "beating a dead horse" to German, but I'm not changing the clearly-defined scope of my project and I'm growing increasingly tired of hearing about it. It's time to give up/move on. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by AtlasP

June update:

(A smaller one this month as the battery shortage has seemed to grind most everything to a halt.)

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • AtlasP changed the title to EUC Comparison Table Project with Regular Updates & News Roundups
  • RagingGrandpa unpinned this topic