A Good Look at Gotway's New Control Board!

this is an older but very interesting topic.

if i got this correct the motherboard swap is pretty straight forward, besides the slightly looser motor connections and the 5v to 12v fans swap.

can i also perform this swap in a monster v1 (100v) to the v3 board ,in case it fails on me or i just want to upgrade?

thanks,Hannes. 

6 hours ago, hannesd said:

can i also perform this swap in a monster v1 (100v) to the v3 board ,in case it fails on me or i just want to upgrade?

Yes indeed you can! Just make sure that your wheel uses the right voltage for the board (84v vs 100v) and has an HB motor and it's basically plug and play!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Globewheel said:

can i put a 100v Rs board for a C30 in my MSX 100v that has a C30?   the rs is a axelless motor... also the board orientation is different. I think they use different firmware?

Essentially yes, but also no! There are caveats and significant details to keep in mind that probably make it impractical!

The simple/theoretical version: As far as I understand it, all you need to do for it to work is ignore the mounting holes in the MSX case and orient the board such that it is the same as it would be in an RS (horizontal instead of vertical with the capacitors on top, I believe). Then, Dremel out a bit of material in the bottom right corner of the heatsink/case such that everything will fit. (could cause significant waterproofing issues...)

The more complex/realistic version of the above: This means either modding the MSX case significantly and possibly dangerously to accommodate the RS board. or buying an RS case and trying to add screw-holes to attach the case to the pedal hangers which may involve some sketchy washer shenanigans and longer M5 bolts to get it to fit properly.  

Another possible option: If the RS board you are thinking of putting into this MSX is one of Gotway/Begode's black boards with updateable firmware, consider simply loading the MSP firmware onto it, then installing it like normal into the MSX case! Although this will probably still involve some Dremel work around one or more corners of the heatsink/frame, I think it would be your best bet!

If it's easier, consider contacting Jason at eWheels - he can almost certainly get you a black board with the MSP firmware already installed on it and ready to go! That way you'll have the latest and greatest hardware and firmware that SHOULD be able to just drop into your case.

Now, don't hold me hard-and-fast to any of this. Gotway/Begode has gone through about a ZILLION freaking iterations of their frames, boards, heatsinks, etc... so there's no real guarantee that any of the holes/sizes will end up the way we expect. That said, this project is theoretically possible... It just might take more effort/time/resources than you are willing to spend on it once you get out into the weeds. Anyway, have fun with whatever route you decide to go with! :cheers:

• Like 1