KS14c - 800w - 680wh Review

Henrik Olsen

Thanks for posting Henrik, I am really interested in the King Song 14c 800 but I am torn between that and a larger wheel but can't seem to find one local to try. I would also like to buy a wheel where I have US parts and support available. I am pretty new to this but once I start a new hobby I am all in.  Have you tried a larger 18" wheel is so what is your opinion.

@BPINE I have only 16" to compare with... 16" is less agile, but better at handling potholes due to the bigger wheel... 

Honestly I did not like the KS in the beginning, because my riding style was not very well adapted.. But after getting used to it.. I love it and don't mind the 14" wheel, because it stable as a german tank..  

Where are you located?

Just now, Henrik Olsen said:

@BPINE I have only 16" to compare with... 16" is less agile, but better at handling potholes due to the bigger wheel...

Honestly I did not like the KS in the beginning, because my riding style was not very well adapted.. But after getting used to it.. I love it and don't mind the 14" wheel, because it stable as a german tank.. 

Where are you located?

I am in California US. I am 52 years young and still race dirt bikes so what ever I buy will go offroad with me. I watch Vee73's videos and think that will be my style of riding with a bit of city riding thrown in, he seems to like the 18 so I want to make sure I try that before I make my next purchase.

Good Video Henrik.  Your helping be make up my mind.  I'm now pretty sure it will be a Kingsong.  Not to sure it it will be a 14, 16 or 18 inch.  One problem at a time.

@BPINE   There is a dealer in California, and one in New York.  I talked to the one in California and he said if I was local he would arrange for me to try different Wheels.  I'm to far out.  I live in the center of the US.  You should look him up 

3 hours ago, Henrik Olsen said:

@BPINE u have been riding unicycle before?

Vee73 he is awesome...

no just started a few weeks ago but catching on fast, already did a bit of trail riding and can jump a bit already.

1 hour ago, Colestien said:

Good Video Henrik.  Your helping be make up my mind.  I'm now pretty sure it will be a Kingsong.  Not to sure it it will be a 14, 16 or 18 inch.  One problem at a time.

@BPINE   There is a dealer in California, and one in New York.  I talked to the one in California and he said if I was local he would arrange for me to try different Wheels.  I'm to far out.  I live in the center of the US.  You should look him up 

I am trying to get in touch with the Ca dealer but he doesn't have anything in stock and haven't heard from him yet as far as demo's.

25 minutes ago, BPINE said:

I am trying to get in touch with the Ca dealer but he doesn't have anything in stock and haven't heard from him yet as far as demo's.

New stock is supposed to ship to him sometime this week unless there's an unexpected delay.  We'll see........................... :-)

23 minutes ago, Sweet M said:

New stock is supposed to ship to him sometime this week unless there's an unexpected delay.  We'll see........................... :-)

He might be sold out of that shipment I am waiting to see what he has left, but I would still like to try a KS 14 and 18 just to see the difference for myself. I am sure I will end up with both but funds will probably only allow one at a time. 

20 minutes ago, BPINE said:

He might be sold out of that shipment I am waiting to see what he has left, but I would still like to try a KS 14 and 18 just to see the difference for myself. I am sure I will end up with both but funds will probably only allow one at a time. 

I would almost make a trip to California myself to get a chance for a hands on.   Back in the beginning, with e-cigs, we had get a together.   We called it a VapeFest.  There were a few, and there was always a good amount of products sold.  Not to mention a chance for a Vapor to meet others.   It gives the customer a chance to talk to several dealers, see demos, and ask questions.  If someone here cares to make it happen, I suggest Kansas City.  It is in the center of the US. :D

@BPINE I own the KS-18 and I've tried the KS-14.

They're the same in performance & capacity, just in different wheel sizes.

Comfort is the biggest difference I felt. The KS-18 pads are way more comfortable to lean my leg against (plus the body height) vs the KS-14, which felt harder leaning up against, with less height to rest on. This also makes a difference when trying to ride on one leg; way easy on the 18 and way harder on the 14. Plus the pedals felt a little smaller on the 14, although this might have been in my head.

The next difference is navigating irregular terrain. On the 14, you need to maneuver around divots that I can just drive over on the 18. Similarly, I can drive up certain curbs and steps that I would have to jump on the 14 (conversely, jumping is easier on the 14, and I would imagine harder on the 18, though haven't tried yet).

Other than those 2 things, there's the obvious compactness / portability of the 14; I would say both are agile in turning, though obviously the smaller 14 can turn on a dime; and the 18 is 10lbs heavier, but sure doesn't feel that much more heavy when carrying.

I ordered mine based off this forum, and despite current app issues, have no regrets (previously had a NB1E+).

I'd say if you're serious about getting one soon, order now (it will be a new batch), as many of us that ordered the 800W King Songs waited at least a month, some 2 months.  There will definitely be delays, some from the manufacturer in China, and some from airport & customs, especially with all these poor quality hoverboards flooding the market for the Xmas season, and all the safety/security concerns they cause when one of their batteries explodes (part of the reason for ours being delayed).

Archived