Looking to buy EUC in Greece or Cyprus

Rotem Yakir

But there are also private prices from known stores that we've managed to get our hands on cause more than 10~15 people bought wheels.

That is why i'm asking on what he is searching for, so i can see if the team can find it cheaper than even the known EU stores. ;) 

• Like 2

Hi @Lefteris, @meepmeepmayer and @The Fat Unicyclist,

Thank you for your reply.

Let me explain. Unfortunately I live in a country that does not allow to enter EUC to the country not to mention sell it (Israel). This is why when we want to bring EUC we need to smuggle it, part by part in our suitcase and hope for the best.

Recently, my brother-in-law got his flight license and therefor, can fly to Cyprus and Greece quite easily. As a Pilot, he is less prone to get his suitcase checked. This can increase my changes to buy a EUC and bring it to the country.

So, just to be clear, I do not live in Cyprus not Greece, I just live near by :)

Maybe a good idea will be to order a EUC to someone that lives there and I will fly there, get it and fly back.

Would love to hear what you guys think, thanks!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rotem Yakir said:

So, just to be clear, I do not live in Cyprus not Greece, I just live near by :)

Yep we figured that out. I didn't realize you meant a physical store.

2 minutes ago, Rotem Yakir said:

Maybe a good idea will be to order a EUC to someone that lives there and I will fly there, get it and fly back.

Good plan! I don't think there is a physical store there. This makes more sense. Maybe a hotel or something (whatever it takes, right?;))? Or some helpful Cyprus EUC rider.

I applaud your EUC dedication:thumbup: Good luck!

• Like 3

Well that is a different turn of events, and a quite adventurous one!

It is easier to buy something from a store, there are 2 guys in Athens Greece, but still their prices are like double from the expensive one in Europe ( :-O )

That is why i suggested you first choose a wheel, so we know what you are searching for and then find the best price and shipping for it. About the next part of your ordeal, you need one of your guys to received it in Greece, what i may suggest is to split the wheel from the battery, and send the shell/motor/etc without the battery with the plane, so it's gonna by safe for everyone, first your pilot and then the passengers and then the legal parties involved. The battery send it thru other means of transport or in a separate flight.

Then combine the two again at your place and you'll have your wheel!!

But first, choose a model and price range so we can suggest

Edited by Lefteris
  • Like 1

Thanks @Lefteris and @meepmeepmayer,

Finding the EUC is not a problem, I have KS 18L right now and would love to buy a brand new KS 18XL (or something like that).

I think ordering it to someone can be great, and would love to hear if you know anyone in Cyprus or Greece that will be kind enough to allow me to send the EUC to him?

• Like 2

I'd like to help you, but when will you arrive?

If you are going to arrive here why not order the wheel then and want someone to pre-order and keep it for you, you won't be staying here for long?

Help me understand your time-table so i can figure out the best plan from my side..

Well it's a bit odd, but I think we can manage, but I don't know if you'll find the wheel avaliable, or in the price range you may want. 

What wheel do you like in general, what are you thoughts.. And also what is your limit in €

On 2/23/2020 at 8:28 AM, Rotem Yakir said:

Hi @Lefteris, @meepmeepmayer and @The Fat Unicyclist,

Thank you for your reply.

Let me explain. Unfortunately I live in a country that does not allow to enter EUC to the country not to mention sell it (Israel). This is why when we want to bring EUC we need to smuggle it, part by part in our suitcase and hope for the best.

Recently, my brother-in-law got his flight license and therefor, can fly to Cyprus and Greece quite easily. As a Pilot, he is less prone to get his suitcase checked. This can increase my changes to buy a EUC and bring it to the country.

Would love to hear what you guys think, thanks!

good luck with that 

Edited by Χρήστος Γεωργαμπλοπουλος

Look @Χρήστος Γεωργαμπλοπουλοςhe is open with it, he wants a wheel, and we all know the need to get one. I can understand his point of view but, it needs to be super coordinated.... 

@Rotem Yakir

I'd like to be as transparent as it can be if I am to help you with this ordeal /plan, that is why I'm wiling to communicate thru the forum, here. 

If there is a need for you and me to share private information you can thru private messages, but I think that its proper to keep it as open as it can be, for you and me and the mods / owners. 

Are you OK with this? If yes then I'm in. 

Edited by Lefteris

I decided not to create new topic, I better post here.

I'm a tourist from Saint Petersburg, Russia.

I'll live with my gf in Limassol for a week. Is any active EUC community here? Maybe there's a chance somebody have a wheel to spare (for $$ maybe). It feels like I've lost my legs when I left my EUCs at home... I'm experient and accurate rider, have ks14d 420 Wh with 16x2,5'' tire and ks18xl.

• Like 2