Cheap night lights

I got these on Amazon for $7 each. They seem to work pretty well and can go almost anywhere. I got them after coming up to a stoplight cars were stopped also with no blinkers. I slowly passed on the right because I was going to turn right. As I was passing the car, it then turned right and it's rear tire made contact with my fender and push me off the wheel. The car kept on going and I just sort of walked off the wheel. I don't think the driver ever saw me. All my LEDs are either behind me or at foot level. Nothing was on my chest so I bought these. 

https://youtu.be/rdrDYUso6aI

Nice those are pretty bright, I doubt they last that long on a charge but here's hoping. I recently got this small clip on rechargeable flashlight that also has a side LED strip that is blinding white light (can be seen half a mile away) for 5 dollars on Amazon 

https://www.amazon.com/GIVERARE-Flashlight-Rechargeable-Flashlights-Emergency/dp/B07TZ32B1D

Honestly in the case you described a very loud directional sound would be the only thing to get their attention since most drivers don't look twice each way and they have blind spots that can easily miss a standing profile.

Those personal sound alarm key-chains work really well at getting attention in short bursts, but a fox 40 finger whistle works even better (clips on finger like a ring). Loud enough to be heard a mile away but not loud enough to hurt your hearing and works in water. I've see people who ride in NYC carry airhorns, but honestly those don't last long enough and they are sort of obnoxious in my opinion (a bit too much)

41MkMSso-ML.jpg

Edited by tenofnine
  • Like 1

That’s a downside of PEVs, light is so low down. Helmet mount is a pretty good compensation for that, one don’t have to switch it around as on clothing.

These are compact and quite ok for the purpose. The cheaper version is quite good to “be seen” as well IMO.